Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Edinboro, Grand Valley to play in 2019, 2020 and 2021

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
    I'm pretty sure gv is more concerned about winning another Natty...it's been awhile...than they r about evening a series....we only won once...but it was the last time we played and I believe the score was 50-6 at halftime
    1-6

Comment

Edinboro WBB has been one its top programs for a long time.

Always the notion she just negotiated her contract better and he may have been so excited for the offer he just took the first one.

Comment

I think negotiations at Edinboro are more like ask for it...if they like you...or someone thinks your important and wants to argue for you...etc. You get it.....Like Lustig getting turned down for asking for a small raise before he left. Maybe this is just the start of evening out that title 9 report that's still a big secret. Supposedly, public info...not playing out that way. WBB will be starting at the current salary of the MBB HC after 5 years. MBB not so much success but if their funding is so off maybe they have an excuse. Idk. Scholarship numbers for other sports were never leaked to the board. And WBB has rumors of over spending their budgets by totals of as much as a 100k over the time period to get the team to PSAC contention. Idk how true...but its a widespread rumor...so probably atleast some truth to it. But recruiting would be easier once you have success even with less money going forward. Flip side I guess MBB assistant got a 7k raise.. to stay....I guess?

Maybe, the wrestling salary is also a sign of the D2 move. With the guys leaving that probably had decent money since it was basically all the qualifers and they were upper classmen......probably all that could leave as far as eligibility rules. The scholarship numbers for wrestling have to be way down for next year compared this this past year. Interesting that most of them went to schools with boro coaching ties. Wonder if anyone helped those moves. And supposedly a big wrestling supporter/ money guy is going to support WVU more than the Boro. Which is interesting... I also heard Flynn told his guys last fall the VB coach will be leaving shortly....LOL.

Maybe they look at it as Fynn's gone and Swank is gone...two big salaries....so why not start people high...they just saved 100k for the two basically. I'd think if the school is losing money you'd be paying Clarion salaries or as low as possible going forward to any new HC's to reset the salaries for the future knowing they all go up considerably over time and telling any assistants with an itch...goodluck and goodbye.
        Last edited by EdinboroFB; 07-02-2018, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
          I think negotiations at Edinboro are more like ask for it...if they like you...or someone thinks your important and wants to argue for you...etc. You get it.....Like Lustig getting turned down for asking for a small raise before he left. Maybe this is just the start of evening out that title 9 report that's still a big secret. Supposedly, public info...not playing out that way. WBB will be starting at the current salary of the MBB HC after 5 years. MBB not so much success but if their funding is so off maybe they have an excuse. Idk. Scholarship numbers for other sports were never leaked to the board. And WBB has rumors of over spending their budgets by totals of as much as a 100k over the time period to get the team to PSAC contention. Idk how true...but its a widespread rumor...so probably atleast some truth to it. But recruiting would be easier once you have success even with less money going forward. Flip side I guess MBB assistant got a 7k raise.. to stay....I guess?

Maybe, the wrestling salary is also a sign of the D2 move. With the guys leaving that probably had decent money since it was basically all the qualifers and they were upper classmen......probably all that could leave as far as eligibility rules. The scholarship numbers for wrestling have to be way down for next year compared this this past year. Interesting that most of them went to schools with boro coaching ties. Wonder if anyone helped those moves. And supposedly a big wrestling supporter/ money guy is going to support WVU more than the Boro. Which is interesting... I also heard Flynn told his guys last fall the VB coach will be leaving shortly....LOL.

Maybe they look at it as Fynn's gone and Swank is gone...two big salaries....so why not start people high...they just saved 100k for the two basically. So they just made 100k in the buying at sales philosophy..LOL. I'd think if the school is losing money you'd be paying Clarion salaries or as low as possible going forward to any new HC's to reset the salaries for the future knowing they all go up considerably over time and telling any assistants with an itch...goodluck and goodbye.
          Jesus F ... just say what you want to say ... quit hiding behind the alleged b.s. This is a freaking message board.

Comment

I said what I wanted to say. Thanks for the concern tho. Alleged BS? Rumors you mean? So I shouldn't point that out since I don't see paperwork or hear the person say something first hand...then to me its a rumor. Don't point that out. OK. Then I know everything I wrote as 100% fact. Take out supposedly and rumor is.. and reread it if it makes you feel any better.
            Last edited by EdinboroFB; 06-30-2018, 08:03 PM.

Comment

http://gvsulakers.com/news/2018/6/29...tal-draft.aspx

Comment

Maybe they look at it as Fynn's gone and Swank is gone...two big salaries....so why not start people high...they just saved 100k for the two basically. I'd think if the school is losing money you'd be paying Clarion salaries or as low as possible going forward to any new HC's to reset the salaries for the future knowing they all go up considerably over time and telling any assistants with an itch...goodluck and goodbye.
                I'm not saying you're wrong but I hope you are. Blech.

Comment

He is ineligible for this coming season so it was his only choice. He'll get picked up and thrown into camp. But that's bad news for Edinboro - that forces GV to get their underclassmen RBs some experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    He is ineligible for this coming season so it was his only choice. He'll get picked up and thrown into camp. But that's bad news for Edinboro - that forces GV to get their underclassmen RBs some experience.
                    GV has a couple of juniors (one is a Xfer from Pitt) and then a RS freshman. Hoping GV will be just fine at RB this and next year.. after that.. well that's a bit aways.

Comment

• Re: Edinboro, Grand Valley to play in 2019, 2020 and 2021

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                      GV has a couple of juniors (one is a Xfer from Pitt) and then a RS freshman. Hoping GV will be just fine at RB this and next year.. after that.. well that's a bit aways.
                      If his head is right ... stud at D2 level.

Comment

They probably don't have immediate plans to drop down to D2. When I referred to 'a change in focus' I just meant they are probably not looking to maintain a top 15 or 20 program. Have to see how the new guy does. Give him 5 years. Bruce is not AD and Flynn is not the HC and they didn't pursue a top name to be the next coach. To me that indicates a lower profile program. I'm wondering what the future holds for the Edinboro wrestling camps.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                          That's what I was thinking.....now all of the rb's will be back for 19'.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                            They probably don't have immediate plans to drop down to D2. When I referred to 'a change in focus' I just meant they are probably not looking to maintain a top 15 or 20 program. Have to see how the new guy does. Give him 5 years. Bruce is not AD and Flynn is not the HC and they didn't pursue a top name to be the next coach. To me that indicates a lower profile program. I'm wondering what the future holds for the Edinboro wrestling camps.

Comment

In the current climate I don't think the leash is 10 years long. The odds are that Edinboro wrestling will be D2 in about 7 years unless the new coach has more up his sleeve than we know. Just wild speculation, though.

Comment

That's what I was thinking.....now all of the rb's will be back for 19'.
                                Well, the STARTING QB will be new anyway.:wink:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X