Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Quiet on the East Stroud

I think this is systemic and sometimes only highlighted by less-talented defenses. Its still going to be some time before we are watching players who developed after the "hit him as hard as you can instead of tackling him" era. I still see sacks being about knocking the QB out of the game and DB coverage about the INT rather than preventing a reception. Granted, what do I know, I wasn't a player.

Comment

There's much more to the story of this year's team. Believe it or not, something that happened 5 years ago has had a ripple effect on this year's team...

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
        ESU is now likely to go 1-10. Last time they only won 1 game was 1986 in which they went 1-9. This would be the first double-digit loss team in many years, if ever.
        FWIW, for his legacy, Douds should have quit when the program was at least mediocre. Jus sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
          FWIW, for his legacy, Douds should have quit when the program was at least mediocre. Jus sayin'.
          Your entitled to your opinion, as wrong as it is...

Comment

• All Quiet on the East Stroud

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
            There's much more to the story of this year's team. Believe it or not, something that happened 5 years ago has had a ripple effect on this year's team...

I would be curious to know what that was?
            I heard a lot of excuses. My sons gave up real opportunities on what they said to him. And the defense coordinator flat out lied to me and my son. I asked specific questions on how they ran camp and it was completely different then what we were told. We discussed the tackling instructions he was given and I about died laughing. The new head coach will be tested because he is either going to make changes or have more bad years ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by MC1313; 10-26-2018, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Yep, it's pretty clear there are systemic issues with the program right now. It's clear that athletics can be successful at ESU based on the basketball, soccer, and other programs (finished an ESU-best 4th in the Dixon Trophy in 17-18), so they don't face the same problems a Clarion or Lock Haven do. But the football program has relied on top-tier QBs like Terwilliger and Soltes to mask the underlying problems within, and neither Moser nor Cirillo are in that same stratosphere. Big things will have to change for the program to reach its potential.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                Yep, it's pretty clear there are systemic issues with the program right now. It's clear that athletics can be successful at ESU based on the basketball, soccer, and other programs (finished an ESU-best 4th in the Dixon Trophy in 17-18), so they don't face the same problems a Clarion or Lock Haven do. But the football program has relied on top-tier QBs like Terwilliger and Soltes to mask the underlying problems within, and neither Moser nor Cirillo are in that same stratosphere. Big things will have to change for the program to reach its potential.
                You need more scholarship money and the fan base needs to stop accepting mediocrity on the field. You all really have no competition in Northeastern PA for anything.

You should be tapping into all that New Jersey foosball talent.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                  Renewed Denny's contract?

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                    Renewed Denny's contract?

Shade!!!

Comment

Well, there it is.

Comment

• Comment

Yes indeed. Link to the full statement is in the post just before. Also reproduced here for reference: https://twitter.com/ESUWarriors/stat...86886292004864

Comment

The end of an era. He probably has been coaching since I was in college. We will never seen a coach with that tenure again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
                              The end of an era. He probably has been coaching since I was in college. We will never seen a coach with that tenure again.

Comment

Wow you're old. Haha

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X