Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time to Leave the PSAC?

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    Somebody is dominant in most college football conferences. In this era, IUP is it for the PSAC. Five, 10, 15 years from now, it might be somebody else. Although I know it's hard for some to wrap their heads around that fact.
    IUP ??? Last ten champions '08-CAL, '09-SHIP, '10-MC, '11-KU, '12-IUP, '13-BU, '14-SRU, '15-SRU, '16-CAL, '17-IUP. Certainly the West is dominant, but that could shift. This seems like a solution in search of a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
      IUP ??? Last ten champions '08-CAL, '09-SHIP, '10-MC, '11-KU, '12-IUP, '13-BU, '14-SRU, '15-SRU, '16-CAL, '17-IUP. Certainly the West is dominant, but that could shift. This seems like a solution in search of a problem.
      14 SRU by default

Comment

'10-MC ****************************

*The PSAC refs blew a major onsides kick call which negated a BU recovery and essentially ended the game. The conference actually issued an apology. I know this doesn't affect the outcome of the game, but I wanted it noted. BU could've easily had that and the 14 PSAC title so we're pretty dominant too.....
        It's always sunny in #HuskyNation

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Rock and Cal are the only two big buzz games for IUP. A guy beside me Saturday asked if Mercyhurst was in our conference.
          I imagine that's the same for everyone. There are 2-3 games that actually draw or create buzz and the casual fan has at least heard of the schools in the division unless they're from the other side of the state. I had a kid in my office last week saying he has a friend attending Millersburg (confusing/combining Bloom and Ville). But this is why I say unless you're at 75% confident that you'll be in contention for the DII playoffs and need a non-conference game, schedule the local DIII school or go for an FCS guarantee. The DIII school will possibly get you a better crowd than playing Kentucky State and the FCS game gets you what is probably the second or third largest donation to your program that year. But who am I to say. I didn't play football in college.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Rock and Cal are the only two big buzz games for IUP. A guy beside me Saturday asked if Mercyhurst was in our conference.
            The only people who care if those are big buzz games for IUP are IUP fans and community. If you can't get up for a Mercyhurst, if you can't get up for an Edinboro, that's a "you" problem.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation24 View Post
              '10-MC ****************************

*The PSAC refs blew a major onsides kick call which negated a BU recovery and essentially ended the game. The conference actually issued an apology. I know this doesn't affect the outcome of the game, but I wanted it noted. BU could've easily had that and the 14 PSAC title so we're pretty dominant too.....
              Didn't bloom sit or have their RB out with injury in the 14 game?

Comment

Oh come on don't you guys leave yet! Shepherd hasn't even got there yet.

And also, Homer, Shepherd's Freshman QB will beat out that Cal frosh QB for PSAC player of the year jr and senior year. Heard it here first!

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                  Oh come on don't you guys leave yet! Shepherd hasn't even got there yet.

And also, Homer, Shepherd's Freshman QB will beat out that Cal frosh QB for PSAC player of the year jr and senior year. Heard it here first!

Comment

He's awfully good, and he's a proven winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      I imagine that's the same for everyone. There are 2-3 games that actually draw or create buzz and the casual fan has at least heard of the schools in the division unless they're from the other side of the state. I had a kid in my office last week saying he has a friend attending Millersburg (confusing/combining Bloom and Ville). But this is why I say unless you're at 75% confident that you'll be in contention for the DII playoffs and need a non-conference game, schedule the local DIII school or go for an FCS guarantee. The DIII school will possibly get you a better crowd than playing Kentucky State and the FCS game gets you what is probably the second or third largest donation to your program that year. But who am I to say. I didn't play football in college.
                      There is actually a little town north of Harrisburg called Millersburg. Its claim to fame is this old paddle wheel Ferry that crosses the Susquehanna. its commonly confused with millersville, though much smaller. I'll bet SHIP54 has taken that ferry at least once in his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                        Oh come on don't you guys leave yet! Shepherd hasn't even got there yet!
                        I envision you coming with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                          Or, high school.

Lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                            The only people who care if those are big buzz games for IUP are IUP fans and community. If you can't get up for a Mercyhurst, if you can't get up for an Edinboro, that's a "you" problem.

Correct. I'm referring to the fan base. IUP had a nice crowd for Mercyhurst. But, it was on par with a funeral.

Comment

Yep, stuff shifts quite a bit. I think the promotion/relegation idea is fun to think about (for example, this year we would have a top division of Ship, WCU, Kutztown, Bloom, IUP, Cal, SRU, and Boro; lower division of Hurst, Gannon, Clarion, SHU, Millersville, ESU, and LHU), but in practice it's hard to see the AD's agreeing to it. Although, I think worries about recruitment are overblown, since all of recruiting comes down to the balance between winning and playing time. The main teams I see being against this are not the bottom feeders, but the bubble teams that would risk bouncing back and forth between divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                                Yep, stuff shifts quite a bit. I think the promotion/relegation idea is fun to think about (for example, this year we would have a top division of Ship, WCU, Kutztown, Bloom, IUP, Cal, SRU, and Boro; lower division of Hurst, Gannon, Clarion, SHU, Millersville, ESU, and LHU), but in practice it's hard to see the AD's agreeing to it. Although, I think worries about recruitment are overblown, since all of recruiting comes down to the balance between winning and playing time. The main teams I see being against this are not the bottom feeders, but the bubble teams that would risk bouncing back and forth between divisions.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X