Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't help but shake this feeling that even if IUP wins out, they still get dropped to 5th the final week of rankings and will have an away game instead of a home game.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      If that stands (impossible), ... but, ...

Round 1 would be:

Kutztown (bye)

Shepherd (5) at IUP (4)

Grand Valley (6) at Notre Dame (3)

Tiffin (9) at SRU (2)

However, either SRU or Kutztown is going to lose in the State Game and the loser likely falls to the No. 3 seed. Notre Dame moves to No. 2. I'd say that's quite a difference having to play Tiffin compared to Grand Valley.
      True. But just because GVSU is a 6 seed in SR3, does not mean they would be a 6 seed in SR1.

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

True. But just because GVSU is a 6 seed in SR3, does not mean they would be a 6 seed in SR1.
        And it's certainly possible they lose to Ferris this week for their second loss.

Comment

• its going to be:
          1 Slippery Rock (they will beat Kutz for the PSAC Title)
          2 Kutz
          3 Notre Dame (even though they play absolutely nobody. IUP should get the 3 and ND should have 4. They're schedule is embarrassing)
          4 IUP
          5 Shepherd
          6 Urbana
          7 West Chester (Urbana and WC could flip flop)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            If that stands (impossible), ... but, ...

Round 1 would be:

Kutztown (bye)

Shepherd (5) at IUP (4)

Grand Valley (6) at Notre Dame (3)

Tiffin (9) at SRU (2)

However, either SRU or Kutztown is going to lose in the State Game and the loser likely falls to the No. 3 seed. Notre Dame moves to No. 2. I'd say that's quite a difference having to play Tiffin compared to Grand Valley.
            That just blows my mind Notre Dame could get a 2 seed. Look at their schedule. The top 3 PSAC teams should be ahead of them. Getting big wins against West Liberty, Findlay and Frostburg does absolutely nothing for me

Comment

• Originally posted by TJ85 View Post

That just blows my mind Notre Dame could get a 2 seed. Look at their schedule. The top 3 PSAC teams should be ahead of them. Getting big wins against West Liberty, Findlay and Frostburg does absolutely nothing for me
              Findlay has a 1-point road loss to Ferris State, and NDC is the defending regional champions. Until further notice, there is no argument to be had that puts them outside the top 3. The #3 seed is a very reasonable spot for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number83 View Post
                I can't help but shake this feeling that even if IUP wins out, they still get dropped to 5th the final week of rankings and will have an away game instead of a home game.
                Relax, that is not going to happen. Even though the SOS takes a hit this week and next, there is nobody in a position to jump them. They would have to lose to the Hill or Ship and if that does happen, they should not even be in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Findlay has a 1-point road loss to Ferris State, and NDC is the defending regional champions. Until further notice, there is no argument to be had that puts them outside the top 3. The #3 seed is a very reasonable spot for them.
                  Yeah ok, we'll see how good that 3 seed is when they get crushed by Grand Valley if they are let into the region for playoffs

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

Relax, that is not going to happen. Even though the SOS takes a hit this week and next, there is nobody in a position to jump them. They would have to lose to the Hill or Ship and if that does happen, they should not even be in the playoffs.
                    agreed

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Head to head ND would lose to the top 3 PSAC teams. Sorry the stroud gave up 76 points last week and you're salty

Comment

Head to head ND would lose to the top 3 PSAC teams. Sorry the stroud gave up 76 points last week and you're salty

Comment

• Sounds good buddy, keep thinking that. we'll see by December

Comment

Sounds good buddy, keep thinking that. we'll see by December
                            We sure will. Hopefully the PSAC can take it this time. Lol

Comment

I'm salty? Sounds like you're the salty one that NDC is ranked higher than your infinite wisdom thinks. Note that you're the first one who has complained about NDC being ranked above IUP, so either everyone is salty but you, or you're projecting your own shortcomings on everyone else.

EDIT: Also, why did it take you almost a month to work up the courage to come back here after IUP lost to Rock? Worried you couldn't handle the heat?

Comment

• I long ago gave up the theory that the top PSAC teams would smash the top team from the other SR1 conferences. I know (and we all read yearly) all the theories ... perceived weaker conferences, etc.

However, as stated above, stats are facts. I watched Notre Dame beat SRU last year. That wasn't a fluke. I saw Shepherd beat IUP and California. Is there merit to playing a weaker regular season schedule in football? Without a doubt.

My big concern with ND is the workload they have given star RB Jaleel McLaughlin. He's already at 214 carries with a couple regular season games to go. What would they be like without him? Hard to say. But, they have studs on both lines, etc. I'm not going to say they'd be undefeated playing a PSAC schedule, but they'd be real good.

Even look back to 2017. Nobody thought Assumption had a chance against IUP ... and they just about pulled the upset in Indiana. Cal lost up there the week prior. We may not respect the MEC and NE10 as a whole, football speaking, but you sure best respect the team they still have playing in November. If not ... you'll be prepping for the banquet.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X