Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

I am curious to see if Assumption gets ranked this week. We have no idea if they were 11th, 12th, or 13th last week. 7, 8, 9, and 10 all won and Assumption had a bye, is that enough to jump WCU or WVST?

I do think the top 4 are fairly set, but 5-7 could still get interesting. Tiffin has a test against Findlay, Urbana has a test against Truman State (and a tricky Fairmont State), and Assumption needs to beat New Haven to even have a shot. Overall it's really turning out well for Shepherd, they should win out and feel good about their playoff chances. Would love to see them drawn against NDC for an MEC rematch.
    I don't see a scenario where Assumption/NE-10 does not get in. They will win out. I think they will be in the Top 9 by the end of the year and make the field.

I think the point of my post was that as long as the teams I mentioned win, that's your field.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I don't see a scenario where Assumption/NE-10 does not get in. They will win out. I think they will be in the Top 9 by the end of the year and make the field.

I think the point of my post was that as long as the teams I mentioned win, that's your field.
      I agree, that if they win out, that's the field. I'm much less confident than you that they all will.

Comment

I agree, that if they win out, that's the field. I'm much less confident than you that they all will.
        I agree. Assumption beating New Haven this weekend isn't exactly a lock; although, Assumption has won 6 of their last 7 against New Haven.

Comment

I am curious to see if Assumption gets ranked this week. We have no idea if they were 11th, 12th, or 13th last week. 7, 8, 9, and 10 all won and Assumption had a bye, is that enough to jump WCU or WVST?

I do think the top 4 are fairly set, but 5-7 could still get interesting. Tiffin has a test against Findlay, Urbana has a test against Truman State (and a tricky Fairmont State), and Assumption needs to beat New Haven to even have a shot. Overall it's really turning out well for Shepherd, they should win out and feel good about their playoff chances. Would love to see them drawn against NDC for an MEC rematch.
          Would love to play ND again. It was a shootout with them last year that Shepherd ran out of time at the end to steal the game at their place. Our Freshman QB's first game and I think he threw for close to 500 yds.

Comment

Hmmmm. I've never been on a rankings committee, so I've never had to "justify" anything. Pretty sure I never said IUP "had to do" anything either. I said something along the lines of if SOS was even between two teams, a team with a 9-2 record would be selected over a team with an 8-2 record, which means playing and winning an 11th game would be beneficial. Reasonable people can comprehend that concept. It's clear you can not. You're foolish to think that I care enough about IUP to have a bias against them. In an effort to help you.

Comment

11/4 Regional Rankings
              11-04-2019, 04:06 PM

SUPER REGION ONE
              1 Kutztown 9-0 9-0
              2 Slippery Rock 8-0 9-0
              3 Notre Dame (OH) 9-0 9-0
              4 Indiana (PA) 8-1 8-1
              5 Shepherd 7-2 7-2
              6 Urbana 7-2 7-2
              7 West Chester 7-2 7-2
              8 West Virginia St. 6-2 6-2
              9 Tiffin 7-1 7-1
              10 Ohio Dominican 5-2 5-2
              SUPER REGION TWO
              1 Lenoir-Rhyne 9-0 9-0
              2 Valdosta St. 8-0 8-0
              3 Bowie St. 8-0 9-0
              4 Wingate 8-1 8-1
              5 West Florida 6-1 6-1
              6 Carson-Newman 6-2 6-2
              7 Virginia St. 7-1 7-1
              8 Virginia Union 6-2 6-2
              9 Albany St. (GA) 6-3 6-3
              10 West Ga. 6-3 6-3
              SUPER REGION THREE
              1 Ferris St. 8-0 9-0
              2 Central Mo. 9-0 9-0
              3 Ouachita Baptist 9-0 9-0
              4 Harding 8-1 8-1
              5 UIndy 7-1 7-1
              6 Grand Valley St. 6-1 8-1
              7 Northwest Mo. St. 8-1 8-1
              8 Missouri Western 7-2 7-2
              9 Henderson St. 8-1 8-1
              10 Fort Hays St. 7-2 7-2
              SUPER REGION FOUR
              1 Tarleton St. 7-0 7-0
              2 Minnesota St. 9-0 9-0
              3 Colo. Sch. of Mines 9-0 9-0
              4 Colorado St.-Pueblo 8-1 8-1
              5 Angelo St. 8-1 8-1
              6 Tex. A&M-Commerce 6-2 6-2
              7 Augustana (SD) 7-2 7-2
              8 Sioux Falls 7-2 7-2
              9 Winona St. 7-2 7-2
              10 Dixie St. 7-2 7-2

Tags: None

Comment

Thanks very much for the info SRU 88!

Comment

Comment

No shockers here. Urbana does probably jump Shepherd if they both win out, but beating Truman State will be a tough ask. WCU staying at 7th is nice for them, but with earned access Tiffin would be in ahead of them, and WVST could still jump back ahead if they manage to beat NDC.

Honestly, I don't see much changing this week. All of the top 10 have pretty light draws, with Urbana (vs. Fairmont State) and Tiffin (vs. Hillsdale) facing the only potentially tricky games (still wild to me Fairmont State's record is what it is). Assumption and Findlay could see SOS boosts with wins, but it's tough to see a path into the actual rankings next week.

Week 11 will see a whole host of games with rankings implications (Kutz-Rock, NDC-WVST, Tiffin-Findlay, Urbana-Truman, ODU-Hillsdale, WCU-CalU). On the one hand, it could open the door for some teams. On the other, some teams will see some real SOS boosts. Assumption might get squeezed out even if they win out, the formula clearly doesn't think much of them right now and they might not have enough time to make the ground up.

Comment

• If Urbana does win out and make it, some projections show them getting booted out of SR1 and Grand Valley being inserted in to the SR1 bracket. That would be interesting. For further explanation see the General Discussion thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        If Urbana does win out and make it, some projections show them getting booted out of SR1 and Grand Valley being inserted in to the SR1 bracket. That would be interesting. For further explanation see the General Discussion thread.
                        That does not make any sense; Urbana is definitely less than 600 miles from Kutztown, Grand Valley has to be above that threshold.

Comment

• Those all seem fair at least for SR1. Over the years it seems like the regional committee doesn't like to mess with the rankings much until the final rankings. Probably helps the rankings appear more objective.

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

That does not make any sense; Urbana is definitely less than 600 miles from Kutztown, Grand Valley has to be above that threshold.
                            No. What you have the potential for (and likelihood) is a domino effect that impacts (wreaks havoc?) on all of the regional matchups regardless of the distance.

If the original matchups over 600 miles are altered those changes have to be offset by changes to other games and those games will not be for teams 600+ miles apart.

When I look at the geography of the teams I think the NCAA achieves the cost savings they want by moving teams that are on the western side of SR3 (the Midwest) to games with teams in SR4 (the West and Southwest). To offset those games which do involve distances of 600+ miles the most logical thing is to move teams that are more to the eastern side of SR3 into SR1.

If my theory is correct I think they need to look into a less disruptive regional realignment.

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

Grand Valley is more than 600 miles from Kutztown. By the most direct routes, it is fewer than 500 miles from Slippery Rock and IUP.

Comment

• If that stands (impossible), ... but, ...

Round 1 would be:

Kutztown (bye)

Shepherd (5) at IUP (4)

Grand Valley (6) at Notre Dame (3)

Tiffin (9) at SRU (2)

However, either SRU or Kutztown is going to lose in the State Game and the loser likely falls to the No. 3 seed. Notre Dame moves to No. 2. I'd say that's quite a difference having to play Tiffin compared to Grand Valley.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X