Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TJ85 View Post

Haven't had the time to be on here every single day 24 hours a day like you pal. I actually have a life and did not want to see all of the terrible football knowledge that would be displayed on here after that game because everything you guys said pretty much told me one thing. You watched the game but didn't watch the game. You have absolutely zero idea what is going on in the plays. You just watch the ball, forget everything else. There's a lot more going on than just where the ball is going and I couldn't stand to read what you guys wrote any longer. It was an insult to my intelligence. We will see where everyone is at come December and the end of November.
    This is fun. Two newbies duking it out !! Where's the popcorn ???

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

This is fun. Two newbies duking it out !! Where's the popcorn ???
      Not a newbie big man, been here since the early summer. I just don't live on this site like some people do.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

I'm playing the world's smallest violin for your woes.
        I just find the inconsistency to the criteria for playoff consideration to be highly annoying.

some schools have to jump high hurdles like IUP almost every year and some schools just waltz in having to do less.

Comment

Not a newbie big man, been here since the early summer. I just don't live on this site like some people do.
          Ouch, I must have missed some of those 111 posts...my bad !!

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Ouch, I must have missed some of those 111 posts...my bad !!
            That's cuz all you do is watch the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Well there you go, how careless!!

Comment

Early summer = Newbie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I wouldn't call it a travesty.

1. Bryant made it with two losses.

2. Merrimack and Southern Connecticut made it with three losses, but each of them had a loss to a 1-AA, so it didn't count.
                  • Merrimack lost to Bryant (8-3) and Bentley (6-5).
                  • Southern Connecticut lost to Bryant (8-3) and Merrimack (8-4).

3. IUP didn't play a single team that made it to the playoffs.
                  • IUP lost to Millersville (5-6) and Slippery Rock (7-4).
                  So now you're a hater too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I wouldn't call it a travesty.

1. Bryant made it with two losses.

2. Merrimack and Southern Connecticut made it with three losses, but each of them had a loss to a 1-AA, so it didn't count.
                    • Merrimack lost to Bryant (8-3) and Bentley (6-5).
                    • Southern Connecticut lost to Bryant (8-3) and Merrimack (8-4).

3. IUP didn't play a single team that made it to the playoffs.
                    • IUP lost to Millersville (5-6) and Slippery Rock (7-4).
                    I posted this in 2006 and whenever someone with a lifelong grudge brings it up, like now. Based on the W/L% and SOS, the three NE10 teams were going to be grouped together, and they got sorted based on Bryant beat Merrimack and Southern Connecticut,and Merrimack beat Southern Connecticut. The playoff criteria was applied very consistently with every school having the same set of hurdles to jump. But only six teams were able to successfully clear them.

Team D2 NE Overall Wins Overall Losses Overall W/L % D2 SOS D2 Wins D2 Losses D2 W/L% D2 W/L% D2 SOS
                    Shepherd WVIAC 10 0 1.000 0.500 10 0 1.000 1.500
                    Bloomsburg PSAC-E 10 1 0.909 0.464 10 0 1.000 1.464
                    Bryant NE10 8 2 0.800 0.494 7 2 0.778 1.271
                    Merrimack NE10 7 3 0.700 0.494 7 2 0.778 1.271
                    S Connecticut NE10 7 3 0.700 0.494 7 2 0.778 1.271
                    West Chester PSAC-E 8 3 0.727 0.458 8 2 0.800 1.258
                    CW Post NE10 7 3 0.700 0.553 7 3 0.700 1.253
                    California PSAC-W 8 3 0.727 0.495 8 3 0.727 1.223
                    IUP PSAC-W 8 2 0.800 0.412 8 2 0.800 1.212
                    Slippery Rock PSAC-W 7 4 0.636 0.463 7 3 0.700 1.163
                    East Stroudsburg PSAC-E 7 4 0.636 0.519 7 4 0.636 1.156
                    American Intl NE10 6 4 0.600 0.500 6 4 0.600 1.100
                    Bentley NE10 6 5 0.545 0.521 6 5 0.545 1.067
                    West Liberty WVIAC 7 4 0.636 0.385 6 3 0.667 1.051
                    Edinboro PSAC-W 6 5 0.545 0.500 6 5 0.545 1.045
                    Last edited by Horror Child; 11-07-2019, 02:59 PM. Reason: Picture of table failed to upload, so just posted the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Ain't nobody got time to watch the ball. More important topics ...

* Handicap Parking Wars: The Battle of Lock Haven
                      * Non-tailgaters having to rub shoulders with peasant tailgaters at WCU
                      * The Shippensburg coaching weekly tirade ... should he stay or should he go
                      * Ticket prices at Shepherd out of control
                      * Bloom's Ineptitude
                      * IUP getting a playoff snub in 1948
                      * The MEC stinks. Or, does it?
                      * SRU amazingly left out of the college football Top 4 on Tuesday night
                      * Lock Haven's 'overpaid' coach getting paid $98,000
                      * The $tockett Revival ..... $o money
                      * Lee Harvey Oswald allegedly wrote The IUP Rule before he died. But, it might have been Denny. Behind a patch of bushes. In Dr. Evil's Stadium. During a fourth timeout.
                      * Any thread not about IUP becoming about IUP within 4 posts. Sometimes less.
                      * Keir just got picked again
                      * Man-for-man, Mercyhurst is the best team in America
                      * Ghostbusters and IUP's shrinking band
                      * Shepherd just scored on ESU again

Comment

• LMAO!!!! How did you forget Unsportsmanlike Conduct U?

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

I posted this in 2006 and whenever someone with a lifelong grudge brings it up, like now. Based on the W/L% and SOS, the three NE10 teams were going to be grouped together, and they got sorted based on Bryant beat Merrimack and Southern Connecticut,and Merrimack beat Southern Connecticut. The playoff criteria was applied very consistently with every school having the same set of hurdles to jump. But only six teams were able to successfully clear them.
                          HUH ???

Comment

• Yes, Saturday cannot come soon enough. As for this Saturday's game it should be interesting. As Tort pointed out in his weekly show Edinboro has won their last 4 games and they are "playing as well as anybody in the league."

I think it will show us how good we are and whether we are ready for the playoffs. It's been kinda hard to evaluate IUP's progress the last few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                              Yes, Saturday cannot come soon enough. As for this Saturday's game it should be interesting. As Tort pointed out in his weekly show Edinboro has won their last 4 games and they are "playing as well as anybody in the league."

I think it will show us how good we are and whether we are ready for the playoffs. It's been kinda hard to evaluate IUP's progress the last few weeks.
                              Edinboro is sneaky good; they might be the only 3 win team in the country with a 4 game winning streak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pine Ridge View Post

Edinboro is sneaky good; they might be the only 3 win team in the country with a 4 game winning streak.
                                Ok, I promise I'll pay closer attention from now on.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X