Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might spend more time on the PSAC board next year.. I love all the **** talking lol

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Yeah ... that happened in the past. Then the IUP Rule was introduced.
      I'm not sure that's comparable. The landscape is vastly different and there were no national championships to show for it. Perhaps without the rule, IUP would have developed into such a national contender year in and year out.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Rivers is good. He's not as good as you guys make him out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

I'm not sure that's comparable. The landscape is vastly different and there were no national championships to show for it. Perhaps without the rule, IUP would have developed into such a national contender year in and year out.

Comment

It's very comparable. It's exactly what the IUP Rule destroyed. IUP went to two national title games in the early 90s. If that wasn't implemented ... the past 30 years of PSAC football would look much different.

Comment

It's very comparable. It's exactly what the IUP Rule destroyed. IUP went to two national title games in the early 90s. If that wasn't implemented ... the past 30 years of PSAC football would look much different.
              And got their doors blown off in one.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I'm not interested in a 'my QB is better than your QB' contest. All I'm saying is with all the hype about Rivers I expected to see someone who was truly dominant at this level and I don't see that. Yes, he's a record-setter but you can throw that record book out the window. Doesn't mean much come Saturday. On Saturday, we're going to see how good he really is.
                Saw him once last season when he threw 31 passes and only 9 were caught although only 6 of those were caught by his team mates.

Comment

Yeah ... that happened in the past. Then the IUP Rule was introduced.
                  The PSAC scholarship limit been the same as the NCAA's for over ten years now.

Comment

And got their doors blown off in one.

A certain coach, not to name names, called a timeout and led the charge.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I'm not interested in a 'my QB is better than your QB' contest. All I'm saying is with all the hype about Rivers I expected to see someone who was truly dominant at this level and I don't see that. Yes, he's a record-setter but you can throw that record book out the window. Doesn't mean much come Saturday. On Saturday, we're going to see how good he really is.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

A certain coach, not to name names, called a timeout and led the charge.
                        I'm not here to debate the rule itself. I think if you ask neutrals nationwide, not many will be impressed by two runner-up finishes. That is all I'm saying.

Comment

• It's kind of funny Lutz is the super-coach of the moment when he didn't recruit Rivers and also had him as 3rd string at the start of last season.

Lutz found his magic in a bottle and rode the wave. Good for him. Roland probably saved his job. I'm very curious to see what things look like next year. I'm guessing a lot like Lutz's first two years.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

I'm not here to debate the rule itself. I think if you ask neutrals nationwide, not many will be impressed by two runner-up finishes. That is all I'm saying.
                            That's totally spinning your original comment. The PSAC had a team set up to do exactly what your original post said. Then the bumpkins wanted parity and thus made the league a punch-line on the national stage. Stupidest thing I've ever seen in sports.

Comment

That's totally spinning your original comment. The PSAC had a team set up to do exactly what your original post said. Then the bumpkins wanted parity and thus made the league a punch-line on the national stage. Stupidest thing I've ever seen in sports.
                              You seem to be spinning this just as much. The PSAC had a team set up to do what my post said. Did that team actually do what my post said? No, because of said rule changes. I'm not going to use hypotheticals as fact, even if those hypotheticals seemed likely.

Comment

It's kind of funny Lutz is the super-coach of the moment when he didn't recruit Rivers and also had him as 3rd string at the start of last season.

Lutz found his magic in a bottle and rode the wave. Good for him. Roland probably saved his job. I'm very curious to see what things look like next year. I'm guessing a lot like Lutz's first two years.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X