Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know, we haven't heard from Homer very much this season. Perhaps he forgot his password again and became a ROCK fan under his new account name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post

He's by far the best this year.
      And this year is your frame of reference, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
        Laughing at the comment that Mankato hasn't seen athletes like Slippery Rock has. SR1 has certainly been athletically superior to the other regions though, hence all of their national championships.
        Well, the last two times SR1 played SR4 in the playoffs, The SR1 team won. Looks like Mankato only won 1 semifinal in 2014, and the only other NSIC team to do well in the playoffs was Duluth 10+ years ago playing the same kind of old fashion ground and pound games. Mankato may come out and pound away, and do well - then they win easily. But if Rock slows them down, and scores early, who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Well, the last two times SR1 played SR4 in the playoffs, The SR1 team won. Looks like Mankato only won 1 semifinal in 2014, and the only other NSIC team to do well in the playoffs was Duluth 10+ years ago playing the same kind of old fashion ground and pound games. Mankato may come out and pound away, and do well - then they win easily. But if Rock slows them down, and scores early, who knows.

Comment

Mankato does not play like Duluth did and they are much more athletic than they were even in 2014. To think that SR is somehow full of better athletes than Mankato has seen is laughable though.

Comment

• You keyboard warriors/Al Bundy types make me laugh. Rivers is good, Rivers is not good. Simply put...the game is on the line this year with 1:48 to play in the 4th quarter. Who do you want as the QB leading the charge? If your answer isn't Rivers, you're foolish. GO ROCK. Side Note: To all you IUP people, isn't this the time of year you are all stroking Joe Lombardi?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

This seems to be fairly typical. I've only been watching this board a few weeks, and it seems to be mostly a big pissing match between a few IUP and Slippery Rock supporters. The basketball threads seem a touch more interesting and informative.
                IUP ranked #5!

Comment

• Originally posted by RES3CUE View Post
                  You keyboard warriors/Al Bundy types make me laugh. Rivers is good, Rivers is not good. Simply put...the game is on the line this year with 1:48 to play in the 4th quarter. Who do you want as the QB leading the charge? If your answer isn't Rivers, you're foolish. GO ROCK. Side Note: To all you IUP people, isn't this the time of year you are all stroking Joe Lombardi?
                  Does Slimey have a basketball team or a 70 million dollar arena?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    Man 8 pages of BS in this thread already and we're still 4 days out from the game.
                    I was gonna say holy $hit..... part of me wishes the nsic threads were more active like this but part of me also likes the peace and quiet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      Man 8 pages of BS in this thread already and we're still 4 days out from the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Mankato does not play like Duluth did and they are much more athletic than they were even in 2014. To think that SR is somehow full of better athletes than Mankato has seen is laughable though.
                        Never said there were lots of better athletes - that was someone else. But - Rivers would be good in any DII conference, and the NSIC has a good share of teams that would be losing teams in the PSAC that Mankato could coast alot, and build up stats. I expect the game to be competitive. Mankato tries to use its run game to control clock, and keep the ball out of Rivers hands, While Rock will want to get ahead early, force mankato out of its comfort zone. From what I can tell Mankato has not be behind very often, and not more than 3 points. Otherwise, turnovers will kill either team.

Comment

Never said there were lots of better athletes - that was someone else. But - Rivers would be good in any DII conference, and the NSIC has a good share of teams that would be losing teams in the PSAC that Mankato could coast a lot, and build up stats. I expect the game to be competitive. Mankato tries to use its run game to control clock, and keep the ball out of Rivers hands, While Rock will want to get ahead early, force mankato out of its comfort zone. From what I can tell Mankato has not be behind very often, and not more than 3 points. Otherwise, turnovers will kill either team.
                          I love when people from other conferences do this. Um... Edinboro, Millersville, Lock Haven, E. Stroudsburg, Seton Hill, Clarion and Gannon all say hello.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

I love when people from other conferences do this. Um... Edinboro, Millersville, Lock Haven, E. Stroudsburg, Seton Hill, Clarion and Gannon all say hello.
                            So ? The point is the NSIC is not the GSC or MIAA . Not that the PSAC was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Comment

So ? The point is the NSIC is not the GSC or MIAA . Not that the PSAC was.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X