Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I'm not interested in a 'my QB is better than your QB' contest. All I'm saying is with all the hype about Rivers I expected to see someone who was truly dominant at this level and I don't see that. Yes, he's a record-setter but you can throw that record book out the window. Doesn't mean much come Saturday. On Saturday, we're going to see how good he really is.
    I mean if Maxwell was doing this I'm sure you'd all be saying the same things you are blasting others for saying about Rivers...

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      It's kind of funny Lutz is the super-coach of the moment when he didn't recruit Rivers and also had him as 3rd string at the start of last season.

Lutz found his magic in a bottle and rode the wave. Good for him. Roland probably saved his job. I'm very curious to see what things look like next year. I'm guessing a lot like Lutz's first two years.

Rivers did not get to camp until the 2nd day, that is why he was 3rd string.. Koester looked good in the opener, then hurt knee in Ship game; King also got hurt in Ship game, then Rivers started in 3rd game against Millersville and that day did most of the damage with his legs.

Next year, yes Rivers will be gone as will Zaffram, they lose 2ol, 2 DL and Glover-Williams in the secondary. All the receivers are scheduled to return, they played 7 true freshmen this year, will they be 13-0 next year ;probably not, but would not say they will not compete for another West title.

Comment

• Maybe when you are 13-0 you can rightly say your team and the QB "dominated." But I'm talking about the player being "dominant."

The PSAC was blessed with a lot of really good QB's this year. Rivers might be the all-around best of them. I'm not sure. When I think of a dominant player that player would be far superior to all of the other players at his position. I don't think he is. Not even in the PSAC. As far as throwing deep, accurate passes I would put Maxwell right there with him. Maybe a little better in that aspect, although you can argue Maxwell was not as consistent. As far as game management I'd take DiGalbo. Statistically, Bagent has him beat.

Over the years I've seen a lot of dominant players in the PSAC. I can think of Quiteh from Bloom and Terwilliger from East Stroud, both Harlon Hill winners. They just dominated the field. Even Max Redfield for IUP a couple years ago was dominant. Opponents had to design their game plan around him. IUP has a long list of players that were dominant. Cal does. Many others across the conference. So, maybe it's a matter of degree or semantics.

QB's become immortalized because they win. So, we shall see.,

Comment

• One can sayvthis about Rivers, he makes critical plays when needed.

Comment

• Man 8 pages of BS in this thread already and we're still 4 days out from the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              Man 8 pages of BS in this thread already and we're still 4 days out from the game.
              Is this how most threads go? Barely even talking about the game against Mankato and more so *****ing and arguing about your own conference teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                Man 8 pages of BS in this thread already and we're still 4 days out from the game.
                LOL

I have been too busy with this semester of grad school to post or read hardly anything all year. I haven't missed this. Or maybe I have. I'm not sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by msumavfan View Post

Is this how most threads go? Barely even talking about the game against Mankato and more so *****ing and arguing about your own conference teams.
                  SR1 is what you'd call a dysfunctional family.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post

What time does IUP kick off this weekend?
                    You should not be worried ab what IUP is doing this weekend buddy, you should be worried about getting embarrassed on ESPN3 MSU by 21

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

SR1 is what you'd call a dysfunctional family.
                      Not so much the family as a couple of brothers that don't get along......at all......ever !!! LOL

Comment

• A great big family generally unhappy about funding, the NE-10, and our opponents' teams...

Reading the PSAC board has always been one of the highlights of the D-2 football season for me... So glad I came back under my old handle instead of just lurking in the shadows.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPfan12 View Post

You should not be worried ab what IUP is doing this weekend buddy, you should be worried about getting embarrassed on ESPN3 MSU by 21
                          Living rent free in your head pal! Love to see it. I hope they get their doors blown off!!

Comment

• You didn't just call someone else touchy did you?? You are embarrassing yourself. Merry Christmas

Comment

• Originally posted by msumavfan View Post

Pretty much. And at some point the whole focus will be on IUP.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

You didn't just call someone else touchy did you?? You are embarrassing yourself. Merry Christmas
                                Says the touchiest one on here.

Nothing is as embarrassing as a butthurt message on a scoreboard after you got said butt kicked.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X