Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Maybe when you are 13-0 you can rightly say your team and the QB "dominated." But I'm talking about the player being "dominant."

The PSAC was blessed with a lot of really good QB's this year. Rivers might be the all-around best of them. I'm not sure. When I think of a dominant player that player would be far superior to all of the other players at his position. I don't think he is. Not even in the PSAC. As far as throwing deep, accurate passes I would put Maxwell right there with him. Maybe a little better in that aspect, although you can argue Maxwell was not as consistent. As far as game management I'd take DiGalbo. Statistically, Bagent has him beat.

Over the years I've seen a lot of dominant players in the PSAC. I can think of Quiteh from Bloom and Terwilliger from East Stroud, both Harlon Hill winners. They just dominated the field. Even Max Redfield for IUP a couple years ago was dominant. Opponents had to design their game plan around him. IUP has a long list of players that were dominant. Cal does. Many others across the conference. So, maybe it's a matter of degree or semantics.

QB's become immortalized because they win. So, we shall see.,
    YOU STILL haven't said how he hasn't dominated, just brought up personal preference. statement has NO substance to it. Big time players make big time plays, and he has done it time and time again

on top of that, was Maxwell, Digalbo , Bagent Region 1 POY or 1st team? NOPE that was Rivers.
    Last edited by Mad3 Boss; 12-10-2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      Man 8 pages of BS in this thread already and we're still 4 days out from the game.
      I don't even understand why you're still reading this thread . im joking lol

Comment

• Comment

• lol he's better than your QB now tell me im lying.

Comment

• Originally posted by msumavfan View Post

Is this how most threads go? Barely even talking about the game against Mankato and more so *****ing and arguing about your own conference teams.
            This seems to be fairly typical. I've only been watching this board a few weeks, and it seems to be mostly a big pissing match between a few IUP and Slippery Rock supporters. The basketball threads seem a touch more interesting and informative.

Comment

Maybe when you are 13-0 you can rightly say your team and the QB "dominated." But I'm talking about the player being "dominant."

The PSAC was blessed with a lot of really good QB's this year. Rivers might be the all-around best of them. I'm not sure. When I think of a dominant player that player would be far superior to all of the other players at his position. I don't think he is. Not even in the PSAC. As far as throwing deep, accurate passes I would put Maxwell right there with him. Maybe a little better in that aspect, although you can argue Maxwell was not as consistent. As far as game management I'd take DiGalbo. Statistically, Bagent has him beat.

Over the years I've seen a lot of dominant players in the PSAC. I can think of Quiteh from Bloom and Terwilliger from East Stroud, both Harlon Hill winners. They just dominated the field. Even Max Redfield for IUP a couple years ago was dominant. Opponents had to design their game plan around him. IUP has a long list of players that were dominant. Cal does. Many others across the conference. So, maybe it's a matter of degree or semantics.

QB's become immortalized because they win. So, we shall see.,
              I believe Zac Zulli also won the Harlon Hill.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post

Living rent free in your head pal! Love to see it. I hope they get their doors blown off!!
                Wish your team the best Sat, they are going to need it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post

YOU STILL haven't said how he hasn't dominated, just brought up personal preference. statement has NO substance to it. Big time players make big time plays, and he has done it time and time again
                  Ok. You're right. Roland Rivers III is by far the most dominant football player I have ever seen on the D2 level. I pity those Minnesotans who have to face him this weekend. Can they change the rules and just award him the Harlon Hill at halftime?

Comment

Ok. You're right. Roland Rivers III is by far the most dominant football player I have ever seen on the D2 level. I pity those Minnesotans who have to face him this weekend. Can they change the rules and just award him the Harlon Hill at halftime?
                    He's by far the best this year. I never said in all of DII. I only speak of the current. You guys love bringing up crap from past years.

Comment

He's by far the best this year. I never said in all of DII. I only speak of the current. You guys love bringing up crap from past years.
                      He's the best. Likely the top QB in the 2020 draft. He should not only win the Harlon Hill but also the Hesiman. You know how we know he's the best? Because you've told us (and every other forum) he's the best every day since August.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He's the best. Likely the top QB in the 2020 draft. He should not only win the Harlon Hill but also the Hesiman. You know how we know he's the best? Because you've told us (and every other forum) he's the best every day since August.
                        hey ive been saying and you guys try to deny that fact. but im done talking until after the game. have at it. Lets see what IUP does Saturday and next week
                        and watched u IUP folks talk about IUP when the **** isn't even relevant to conversation since last year.

Comment

• Minnesota May be the land of 10000 lakes, but this forum is the land of 10000 Rivers mentions.

Go Mavs.

Comment

• Laughing at the comment that Mankato hasn't seen athletes like Slippery Rock has. SR1 has certainly been athletically superior to the other regions though, hence all of their national championships.

Comment

but im done talking until after the game.
                              I highly doubt this.

Comment

• Originally posted by msumavfan View Post

Is this how most threads go? Barely even talking about the game against Mankato and more so *****ing and arguing about your own conference teams.
                                Pretty much! At least if IUP or Rock is involved. Sometimes I wonder if we should have separate discussion and trash talk threads, but those would have to be closely moderated as there's no way we could manage it ourselves.

It's also tough because the last game between a PSAC team and an NSIC team was in 2008 (MN-Duluth over CalU 45-7), and the last time an SR1 team faced an NSIC team was in 2014 (Minnesota State over Concord 47-13). There's not a ton of familiarity. It makes for an intriguing matchup, but discussions inevitably descend into bias. Though, I do have to wonder how one can look at that history and be uber-confident that Rock will win.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X