Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the comparison I make when it comes to things like what you're referencing...

I am surrounded by Ohio State fans who think they got robbed not getting the number 1 seed. "We killed Michigan," they all said. "We beat Penn State," they all said. But in the weeks prior, Ohio State fans did nothing but trash both of those programs. "Michigan sucks! They are terrible!" "Penn State isn't that good!" As they entered Selection Sunday, OSU fans used wins over those two programs to try and justify why they should have been ranked #1. Penn State fans did the exact same thing in 2016. "Well we lost to Pitt who is a good team, so we should be in the playoff!" Yet, those same fans would never miss an opportunity to throw any insult they could about the state of Pitt's program.

You can't have it both ways. And that's what we're experiencing here. At least with Mad3 Boss. You can't talk about how much better you are than one school, then turnaround and use that as justification as to why you should beat another team.

The assessment I have on the game is this... I do think SRU has an opportunity to win the football game if they can manage to score in bursts like they have done against teams this year. That said, I don't think it will be as easy as some people think for them to do that. Do they have a shot? Absolutely. That's an elite offense without a doubt. But that defense needs to show up, because I can almost guarantee that MSU will find more stops in them than ND and Shepherd. I really don't know how Saturday will go for Slippery Rock. History shows that it won't go well. But, using Mad3 Boss's words... None of that matters come Saturday. And that's true. In any one game scenario, anything can happen.

I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow.

Comment

• As a newcomer to posting but a lurker for a couple years, this thread was a chore to slog through.

As for this upcoming game, I think Slippery Rock has a chance, but it won't be an easy win for them. Slippery Rock has been vulnerable this season, particularly against Kutztown. It took a questionable 4th and goal pass interference flag to really get Slippery Rock back in that game. Now, before I get attacked for saying that, Kutztown still had their chances after that and blew it - that flag is not the reason Kutztown lost that game. However, if that flag doesn't come out, I think it ends up being more difficult for Slippery Rock to fight their way back in that game. Does any of this mean that Slippery Rock fails to make the semi-finals? No, but they're a team that can be beat - and if Kutztown almost did it, then Minnesota State certainly has a chance too.

I am not familiar with Minnesota State, and cannot offer any viewpoints on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by KU_2014 View Post
        As a newcomer to posting but a lurker for a couple years, this thread was a chore to slog through.

As for this upcoming game, I think Slippery Rock has a chance, but it won't be an easy win for them. Slippery Rock has been vulnerable this season, particularly against Kutztown. It took a questionable 4th and goal pass interference flag to really get Slippery Rock back in that game. Now, before I get attacked for saying that, Kutztown still had their chances after that and blew it - that flag is not the reason Kutztown lost that game. However, if that flag doesn't come out, I think it ends up being more difficult for Slippery Rock to fight their way back in that game. Does any of this mean that Slippery Rock fails to make the semi-finals? No, but they're a team that can be beat - and if Kutztown almost did it, then Minnesota State certainly has a chance too.

I am not familiar with Minnesota State, and cannot offer any viewpoints on them.

Comment

• Given our league's recent record, it wouldn't surprise me if you are right. But I give Slippery Rock a puncher's chance if Rivers is hot. If your guys can shut him down, it will be a long afternoon for The Rock. Just out of curiosity, do you have any idea how many scholarships Minnesota State has for football? I think there's likely a great disparity in scholarships among Division II schools, which is partially why we see some of the lopsided scores we do. Obviously, the two teams dropping out of your conference felt the support wasn't there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Given our league's recent record, it wouldn't surprise me if you are right. But I give Slippery Rock a puncher's chance if Rivers is hot. If your guys can shut him down, it will be a long afternoon for The Rock. Just out of curiosity, do you have any idea how many scholarships Minnesota State has for football? I think there's likely a great disparity in scholarships among Division II schools, which is partially why we see some of the lopsided scores we do. Obviously, the two teams dropping out of your conference felt the support wasn't there.
            Mavs are currently at 30, I believe.

laker probably knows for sure.

Comment

Given our league's recent record, it wouldn't surprise me if you are right. But I give Slippery Rock a puncher's chance if Rivers is hot. If your guys can shut him down, it will be a long afternoon for The Rock. Just out of curiosity, do you have any idea how many scholarships Minnesota State has for football? I think there's likely a great disparity in scholarships among Division II schools, which is partially why we see some of the lopsided scores we do. Obviously, the two teams dropping out of your conference felt the support wasn't there.
              St Cloud was working with 18 and I think Crookston was in that area as well.

Comment

I get that SR1 hasn't won a NC yet, but the blowouts have been far fewer in recent history. If we go by the last 5 years, I'm trying to be optimistic here, that there has been some incremental progress in overall talent...

2015- Shepherd beats GV, loses 34-7 to NWMS in the NC. Blowout in the NC, but NWMS might have been the greatest team of all time and was blowing out just about everybody.
                2016- Shepherd loses to UNA 23-13 in a close game late into the 4th qtr.
                2017- IUP loses to WF, slow start, but made it competitive in the 2nd half and fell 27-17.
                2018- Notre Dame loses to eventual NC Valdosta 30-24 in a back and forth game.
                2019- We'll see how Rock does.

Here's to hoping Region 1 is earning this spot more and can break through eventually. Maybe this is the year maybe not, but I'd like to think that our recent history is more positive competitively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I get that SR1 hasn't won a NC yet, but the blowouts have been far fewer in recent history. If we go by the last 5 years, I'm trying to be optimistic here, that there has been some incremental progress in overall talent...

2015- Shepherd beats GV, loses 34-7 to NWMS in the NC. Blowout in the NC, but NWMS might have been the greatest team of all time and was blowing out just about everybody.
                  2016- Shepherd loses to UNA 23-13 in a close game late into the 4th qtr.
                  2017- IUP loses to WF, slow start, but made it competitive in the 2nd half and fell 27-17.
                  2018- Notre Dame loses to eventual NC Valdosta 30-24 in a back and forth game.
                  2019- We'll see how Rock does.

Here's to hoping Region 1 is earning this spot more and can break through eventually. Maybe this is the year maybe not, but I'd like to think that our recent history is more positive competitively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post

I'll say this then I'll go back into hibernation

*MS-M has not played ANY team in THIS 2019 season comparable to the athletes or offense of SRU. (I literally watched every game)
                    *SRU has TWO 1,300+ yards WRs and a 800+ WR as well whereas MOST teams have a great ONE WR and a decent second SUCH AS MS-M.
                    *MS-M does have some ballers on defense I never said they didn't BUT compared to SRU WRs and RB they are slower and that's just the truth.
                    *If SRU QB breaks the following NCAA DII records this year then SRU has a STONG chance to say they have the best DII offense ever. (of course this is passing and not rushing but when you think best offense ever in NFL you think the NE Patiots in 2007 although they lost, it was about passing)
                    *Their defense won't get shredded at least not the whole game. They have a great scheme and I see it containing the ROCK not STOPPING it. Their offense is lethal. MS-M doesn't have the offense to keep up. Those games where you guys put up ridiculous numbers, those teams are PITIFUL.
                    NCAA DII RECORDS
                    1. TDS responsible for is 61 (he needs 3 to break).
                    2. TD passes is 54 (he needs 5 to break)
                    3. Points responsible for is 366 (he needs 11 to break)
                    4. Games with 3+ TD passes in a season is 11 (he is tied now, need 1 more to break)

AND the best part about all this offense is that its translating into WINS. They aren't just putting up numbers and losing, jus like MS-M
                    This team does not have the best offense ever in d2 history lol.... my goodness. You have a major hard on for this team

Comment

• Originally posted by TJ85 View Post

This team does not have the best offense ever in d2 history lol.... my goodness. You have a major hard on for this team
                      What does breaking records mean goofy .

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post

What does breaking records mean goofy .
                          Remember IUP has done less in years past and we still have to hear about how great they are. Imagine if IUP was on this run with this offense.

Comment

• Ravens have the best record in the NFL so I guess that's a complement.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post

Remember IUP has done less in years past and we still have to hear about how great they are. Imagine if IUP was on this run with this offense.
                              IUP was in the same position as SRU 2 years ago, except we were ranked higher and the expectations were higher. Still, what you will find is that IUP fans tend to be more critical of their own team.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post

exactly. they add their input on every single thing. glad their season is over

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X