X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Curt is said to be a favorite for the Syracuse job.
    He's come out of his shell a great deal at JMU. He doesn't even appear like he's the same person that was coaching at IUP. Did anyone see him on Gameday? He was playing to the crowd, joking with the crew on set, etc. He wouldn't have even agreed to go on that set 10 years ago.

While Syracuse is an ACC school, I do question the resources they have to put into the program. It's a basketball school in a very tough location to recruit. Not to mention it's not in a state or area known for producing a lot of football talent you can recruit. Dino Babers got 8 years there though, so there's some thought that you at least have time compared to other P5 schools.

I think JMU is such a gold mine of a job in my opinion. It's the perfect storm. That's a school in a state with a lot of growth, in a very nice area of VA, and an alumni base with a lot of wealth, resources, and connections. JMU's enrollment is also booming too. The school is very clearly committed to pumping money into athletics, football specifically. And at the current time, they are the best program in the best Group of 5 conference. I'm not saying it is or isn't a better job than Syracuse. But if I was Curt, I would take the Luke Fickell route and think long and hard if this was the one I wanted to leave for. In the era of all this school and conference movement, it's not unrealistic to think that JMU could end up in a much bigger conference sooner than later.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Iowa's offense is a joke. They scored a combined 20 points against Minnesota and Northwestern and have lost to Northwestern if the Wildcats had had Bryant at QB that game.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I’m still going to root for Michigan because there’s no program I like less than Ohio State. And if Urban Meyer wasn’t bad enough, Ryan Day may be an even bigger a-hole. I also had to live in Columbus for almost 7 years and I can’t imagine a more nauseating fan base. At least Harbaugh is entertaining I suppose. I think top to bottom that Michigan is a little better than Ohio State, and it’s in the Big House.

No matter how it plays out, my hope is the Ohio State misses the playoffs. There’s a chance there will be four undefeated teams and if that happens, I suspect they’ll all be in. After that, there will likely be several really good one-loss teams to sort through. I think this game is a play-in game.
    The only way THE Overrated State University misses the playoffs is if they somehow beat Meatchicken and end up getting "ugly balled" to death by Iowa in the B1G title game. That's highly unlikely if you saw the way the Banana Beaks played against State Penn earlier in the season.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Well, so much for JMU's argument about being undefeated and left out of bowl season.
    If anyone was going to ruin a storybook season, then of course it was going to be App State.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
    One of my favorite scandal defenses was North Carolina's where they basically said their program shouldn't be penalized for academic cheating because it wasn't only the athletes who were cheating. In other words, the athletes didn't get a special advantage since others cheated as well.
    And, it apparently worked, since Carolina got a slap on the wrist from the NCAA, probably because it's Carolina.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    I'd rather he go to Happy Valley.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

I’m still going to root for Michigan because there’s no program I like less than Ohio State. And if Urban Meyer wasn’t bad enough, Ryan Day may be an even bigger a-hole. I also had to live in Columbus for almost 7 years and I can’t imagine a more nauseating fan base. At least Harbaugh is entertaining I suppose. I think top to bottom that Michigan is a little better than Ohio State, and it’s in the Big House.

No matter how it plays out, my hope is the Ohio State misses the playoffs. There’s a chance there will be four undefeated teams and if that happens, I suspect they’ll all be in. After that, there will likely be several really good one-loss teams to sort through. I think this game is a play-in game.
    Dedpite their victories over a punchless PSU, I'm not convinced either of these teams is all that great. Ohio State did barely edge Notre Dame. Michigan hasn't really played anyone of note other than Penn State. I don't see either of them beating Georgia or maybe even Oregon if they make the playoff.

From my years of following Big 10 football, Ohio State is probably one of the most obnoxious fan bases, while Michigan tends more toward arrogance. One of my favorite football moments was riding the shuttle bus from Northwestern's Ryan Field in 1996 after Northwestern had beaten them for the second year in a row and listening to the Michigan fans onboard whine about how they'd lost two straight to Northwestern.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Well, so much for JMU's argument about being undefeated and left out of bowl season.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

While I usually do not put 100% stock into what the Talking Heads says, I heard one Talking Heads claimed he knows much more of what is going on, but will not say anything until the NCAA and others continue to peel back the onion.

I am having a tough time pick who I want to win between Michigan and Ohio St as well. If Ohio St wins, there's that built-in excuse with not having Coach Harbaugh there to coach them. If Michigan wins, some might blame the data from their advance cheating. Really having issues picking someone this year.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

I’m not sure this is over just yet.

I used to root for Michigan to beat Ohio State. Is there a way they can both lose?
    While I usually do not put 100% stock into what the Talking Heads says, I heard one Talking Heads claimed he knows much more of what is going on, but will not say anything until the NCAA and others continue to peel back the onion.

I am having a tough time pick who I want to win between Michigan and Ohio St as well. If Ohio St wins, there's that built-in excuse with not having Coach Harbaugh there to coach them. If Michigan wins, some might blame the data from their advance cheating. Really having issues picking someone this year.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

This is Pete Carrol Part 2

He'll get to pick which NFL job he wants. Most seem to think Buffalo or Chicago.
    WHOA !!! Some people think the Buffalo HC is gone after this season?

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

I used to root for Michigan to beat Ohio State. Is there a way they can both lose?
    It is getting harder and harder to determine which is the most irritating of the football factories.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

Yahoo Sports put out a new article about why Michigan decided to settle. While the evidence tampering is “alleged” the fact that they fired the LB coach seems a lot like the kind of smoke that would indicate a fire.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigCat2192
    replied
    The NCAA presented the University of Michigan with new evidence this week, including that a Michigan booster may have at least partially funded Connor Stalions’ advanced scouting operation and an assistant coach allegedly participated in the destruction of evidence on a computer after the scandal broke, industry sources tell Yahoo Sports.

The revelations altered Michigan’s and Jim Harbaugh’s legal approach.

Both the school and Harbaugh dropped an attempt to secure a temporary restraining order against a three-game Big Ten suspension. A hearing had been scheduled Friday morning in Washtenaw County (Michigan) Circuit Court.

The school also announced that linebackers coach Chris Partridge had been “relieved of his duties as a member of the Michigan Football staff.”

Yahoo Sports put out a new article about why Michigan decided to settle. While the evidence tampering is “alleged” the fact that they fired the LB coach seems a lot like the kind of smoke that would indicate a fire.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X