Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    A&M is firing Jimbo. Buyout is reported to be $76M.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Coach calls out his players after losing 58-7, being 2-6 and becoming the worst team in the ACC ... and, somehow he's the bad guy?

Times have certainly changed.
    Guess he followed Deion's example.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Coach calls out his players after losing 58-7, being 2-6 and becoming the worst team in the ACC ... and, somehow he's the bad guy?

Narduzzi can’t say what he said. But the reporter can, ya know, tweet the full quote and not retweet every player. You think he didn’t know what he was doing? It’s not the first time he’s done it. He retweeted every player that reacted to his post. Why are you doing that as a beat writer? But again… Narduzzi answered that question like a high school gym teacher. You need to be way better than that in the moment. It’s a bad look, and he isn’t the the type of guy who gets the benefit of the doubt from the media given his history of speaking his mind.

I was only responding to your reference of the tweet that started the situation.

This season is a stink sandwich.

But it’s quite comical that Narduzzi is getting raked over the coals for this. Deion makes a comment last night that was worse and even more direct than Narduzzi, and he’s praised for it.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied

For a moment, I thought this was the IUP thread.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Noah Hiles’ tweet of the partial quote had absolute ill intent. He’s a young reporter, trying to grow his followers. 2 hours after he posted that, he had over 2 million views on it and was getting picked up and credited by national publications.

Granted, the full quote isn’t much better, but he had absolute calculated plans for what he was doing. And the fact that he’s retweeting all the players who quote tweeted his original tweet confirms that. This also isn’t the first time he’s partially tweeted things and intentionally given an out of context quote from Narduzzi.

Pitt fans take a lot of flack from people saying they are paranoid about the local media. Guys like Cory Giger who have covered Penn State for decades are cheerleaders. I don’t want or need that. But man… It’d be nice to have local writers not do things that intentionally stir the pot and create negative buzz.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

The 'Duz has Twitter on fire. Well, at least in Yinzer circles.

He said after the game they lost a lot of great players after last year and that he didn't go a good job replacing them. Obviously a direct shot at the current team.

Numerous 'big name' Pitt alumni have reacted as well as current players.

Narduzzi eventually went to Twitter and took full blame in full coach speak mumbo jumbo.

But ... at least he took blame. He could have blamed the scoreboard operator at Acrisure Stadium.

​​​​​​
    Noah Hiles’ tweet of the partial quote had absolute ill intent. He’s a young reporter, trying to grow his followers. 2 hours after he posted that, he had over 2 million views on it and was getting picked up and credited by national publications.

Granted, the full quote isn’t much better, but he had absolute calculated plans for what he was doing. And the fact that he’s retweeting all the players who quote tweeted his original tweet confirms that. This also isn’t the first time he’s partially tweeted things and intentionally given an out of context quote from Narduzzi.

Pitt fans take a lot of flack from people saying they are paranoid about the local media. Guys like Cory Giger who have covered Penn State for decades are cheerleaders. I don’t want or need that. But man… It’d be nice to have local writers not do things that intentionally stir the pot and create negative buzz.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

He said after the game they lost a lot of great players after last year and that he didn't go a good job replacing them. Obviously a direct shot at the current team.

Narduzzi eventually went to Twitter and took full blame in full coach speak mumbo jumbo.

But ... at least he took blame. He could have blamed the scoreboard operator at Acrisure Stadium.

​​​​​​
    Hot take…Narduzzi to IUP! :)

What I don’t get is Pitt’s perennial bi-polar characteristics, and it extends before “The Duz” showed up. They go out and beat a very good Louisville team only to get utterly embarrassed at Notre Dame when the Irish recently lost to Louisville by 13! How do you explain that!? As crazy as it sounds, it wouldn’t shock me at all if Pitt somehow knocked off, or at least scared the hell out of Florida State this weekend. It defies logic, but that’s what Pitt football does.

I’m more of a Pitt follower than fan so it’s hard for me to imagine how hard it is for the true H2P folks. I don’t think my heart could take it.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Imagine being there LOL

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    H2P

Lol

Holy F
    Imagine being there LOL

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    Damn, their receivers can't get separation on Indiana. Couple that with the two RBs not being able to get any chunk plays, and you have a pretty anemic offense. Not a great look for former Shippensburg OC Mike Yurcich, either.
    You've got to have an o-line to block and (as you said) receivers who can get open to have any kind of offense. I can't believe Yurich's offenses have averaged about 35 points or more at every stop he's made and all of a sudden he's a bum. That said, I don't understand why they stick with that sidecar passing formation with multiple wideouts when their line isn't doing that great and their receivers aren't getting open. Get another back into the backfield, line up tight, and see if you can run. They supposedly have an All-American left tackle and yet they can't seem to run the ball that way. Receivers coach better be beating the bushes next yeara. When was the last time they had a really outstanding o-line? Seems like a while.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    H2P

Lol

Holy F

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Damn, their receivers can't get separation on Indiana. Couple that with the two RBs not being able to get any chunk plays, and you have a pretty anemic offense. Not a great look for former Shippensburg OC Mike Yurcich, either.
    James Tenandtwo will be lucky to win.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    CBS is catching some priceless undergrad faces in the stands as Indiana takes a 7-0 lead.
    The Kings of Tier Two will be just fine.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    CBS is catching some priceless undergrad faces in the stands as Indiana takes a 7-0 lead.
    Nothing will change as long as James Tenandtwo is the coach.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X