Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Penn State dismantled Auburn in Auburn. The 41 points is the most scored at Auburn by an opponent since 2001 I believe I saw. I thought PSU would win, but the wire to wire dominance was a bit of a surprise.

Pitt is battling a pesky Western Michigan team but I don’t think we’ll see a repeat of last season. Game still very much in doubt at the half. Notre Dame barely won. We’ll see if LSU can hold on to the slim lead or yes, BK might suddenly disappear.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The Pirate up 13-0 in Death Valley.

BK may vanish if he loses again tonight.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Why would Urban Liar even still be considered a viable candidate for even a Pee Wee team?

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Based on my very limited experience with Lincoln, Urban Meyer will find the local population of young women to his favor.
    Ouch!

Lincoln is too nice of a town for that dirtbag. I’m also not sure he’d win like he did in Florida and Ohio State. That was a different time and before he got exposed for who he really is. I doubt he’d have the recruiting advantage he may have had in the past. He’s a has been that would just cost them a fortune only to be added to that long list above of Nebraska head coach failures.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Dan Patrick first leaked the Urban to Nebraska story a couple weeks ago. They all knew Frost was done after the Northwestern debacle.

But, DP has sources beyond sources. If he says it on his show ... it comes with credibility. He's not a click-baiter. The fan base, and, particularly their heavy brass, has been dying for a winner. If Urban does one thing it's win and win big in the NCAA.

He's also being linked to Arizona State, which obviously has a history of interesting hires.
    Funny how everyone talks about the Northwestern "debacle." Nebraska is 6-6 against Northwestern since entering the B1G, so they've had quite a few debacles. Somebody mentioned Fleck for the Nebraska job. I'm not sure it's a much better job than Minnesota at this point.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigCat2192
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

PJ Fleck and Matt Campbell have to be at the top of the list I'd think.
    I have a hard time imagining Nebraska poaching another coach from their own conference like Fleck. Like others have pointed out their days as a national power are likely over. They’re probably still a tier above Minnesota in the grand scheme of CFB but Fleck’s been reasonably successful there and given the relative lack of urgency in Minneapolis vs Lincoln I’m not sure that would a move worth making. Campbell might be more realistic not because Nebraska is leaps and bounds better than ISU right now in actual football but because ISU might end up on the outside looking in as the Big 12 ((10)(8)) keeps getting raided by conferences with more foresight. Nebraska could get into a playoff some day since they’re pretty securely in one of the power conferences. Iowa State might be lucky to stay in a top tier conference if the powers that be keep cannibalizing each other and growing the elite vs. non-elite divide at FBS.
    Last edited by TheBigCat2192; 09-12-2022, 01:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    I hate to tell Cornhusker fans but the days of Nebraska football being a national powerhouse again are over.
    Since its last major bowl game (Rose Bowl loss to Miami in 2002), Nebraska is 145-110 (.568) with 8 losing seasons.

Yikes. That's quite a fall from where they used to be.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Dan Patrick first leaked the Urban to Nebraska story a couple weeks ago. They all knew Frost was done after the Northwestern debacle.

But, DP has sources beyond sources. If he says it on his show ... it comes with credibility. He's not a click-baiter. The fan base, and, particularly their heavy brass, has been dying for a winner. If Urban does one thing it's win and win big in the NCAA.

He's also being linked to Arizona State, which obviously has a history of interesting hires.
    Based on my very limited experience with Lincoln, Urban Meyer will find the local population of young women to his favor.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

Scott Frost was the hottest coach in the country when they signed him. He was also the golden boy alumni going home. His tenure was obviously a disaster. He also blew a lot of games there with terrible decision making that they never should have lost.

There's actually talk they may go hard after Urban Meyer.

But, yes, the 80s and 90s were a long time ago.
    Urban Meyer would be a terrible cultural fit in Nebraska, but no hiring would surprise me these days. When you consider how PASSHE basically has to beg the state legislature for adequate funding every year, it's sickening to see the millions that are just randomly thrown around in D1 college football. Northwestern recently got an athletic donation that's almost seven times the size of Ship's endowment fund.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I don't blame them one bit for hiring Scott Frost. Like you said, he was seen as a nearly universal home run hire. Unfortunately its almost like they got his doppleganger.

Also, Nebraska needs to take the Costanza approach and do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what their instincts tell them on this next coaching search. Here's their track record since Tom Osborne retired in 1997:

Frank Solich: $786,693.

Bill Callahan: $3.1 million.

Bo Pelini: $7.9 million.

Mike Reilly: $6.63 million.

Scott Frost: $15 million

That's almost $33.5 million paid out over the last 25 years.
    PJ Fleck and Matt Campbell have to be at the top of the list I'd think.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Scott Frost was the hottest coach in the country when they signed him. He was also the golden boy alumni going home. His tenure was obviously a disaster. He also blew a lot of games there with terrible decision making that they never should have lost.

I don't blame them one bit for hiring Scott Frost. Like you said, he was seen as a nearly universal home run hire. Unfortunately its almost like they got his doppleganger.

Also, Nebraska needs to take the Costanza approach and do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what their instincts tell them on this next coaching search. Here's their track record since Tom Osborne retired in 1997:

Frank Solich: $786,693.

Bill Callahan: $3.1 million.

Bo Pelini: $7.9 million.

Mike Reilly: $6.63 million.

Scott Frost: $15 million

That's almost $33.5 million paid out over the last 25 years.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    It doesn’t matter how much money some fool
    coughs up…Nebraskastan foosball is irrelevant. They can’t compete with BIG elite programs.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    It doesn’t matter how much money some fool
    coughs up…Nebraskastan foosball is irrelevant. They can’t compete with BIG elite programs.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Have you note been following THE IUP Football thread? LOL. We always think we’re one piece away, but don’t have the money to buy out contracts every few years.

It makes you wonder what the conversation was on Frost’s buyout. Someone gave the green light to flush $7.5 million down the toilet. It’s probably not unreasonable to suggest there was a donor(s) committed to making up the difference just to get him out of the building. I imagine emotions were pretty high after an awful, awful loss at home to a mediocre Sun Belt Conference team. If those results keep happening you’re going to start seeing empty seats in Lincoln. Frankly, the people who were around the last time Nebraska was actually good are getting older and students and younger fans haven’t seen a winner. Eventually that catches up to you.
    I think this is exactly what I was referring to. To think that someone loves Nebraska football so much that they'll light millions on fire just to facilitate a coaching change.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X