• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Paul Chryst fired at Wisconsin. Ouch.
    Wow, they've fallen off some the past couple of years, but the guy has a 67-26 record, several division titles, and some bowl wins at Wisconsin. I'm getting more and more turned off by D1 football these days, and stuff like this doesn't help.

Leave a comment:

• The P in IUP
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    WVU getting witch-slapped on natty tv
    I live in Morgantown Wv, plenty of WVU fans are sick of coach Brown and ready to move on. Buy out is too big so he's probably safe this year unless the team totally tanks but toast the end of 2023.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I had a feeling after the national tv debacle in Columbus a couple weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Yikes, what a bad loss for Pitt. GT had no business winning this game. They were on a 9 game losing streak to FBS teams, their head coach just got canned last week, and they were playing on the road. It’s not like Pitt should have been looking ahead either because they have a lousy Virginia Tech team on the schedule. I hope nobody bets on Pitt because you know at least one or more of these games is coming every year.
    This is the going rate for Narduzzi teams. They always play down to the competition. His arrogance rubs off on his teams and it shows!

Leave a comment:

• IUP PSAC Fan
    replied
    Desmond Howard had Pitt and Texas A&M going to the college football playoff. Yikes.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Yikes, what a bad loss for Pitt. GT had no business winning this game. They were on a 9 game losing streak to FBS teams, their head coach just got canned last week, and they were playing on the road. It’s not like Pitt should have been looking ahead either because they have a lousy Virginia Tech team on the schedule. I hope nobody bets on Pitt because you know at least one or more of these games is coming every year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    WVU getting witch-slapped on natty tv

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Not if but WHEN Deion leaves Jackson State it won't be for GT I'll tell you that much. When he leaves it'll be a top 25 program. It's one thing to build a FCS team up in a short time but a P5 program at a disadvantage due to academics, smallest home venue in the conference and the pressure of winning almost immediately I don't see it happening. Now Florida State he'd jump on that in a heartbeat. I think he stays until his boys graduate and then at that point if JSU hasn't built it's resume up enough to get an invite from a FBS conference he passes the torch to another coach so he can jump ship up to the FBS level. Remember his son already left South Carolina so he can't transfer up without sitting out a year.
    Very fair points. I also don't know how many big money P5 donors (especially old white ones) will put up with Deion's bravado, especially once the losses start piling up. Like you said, he needs a school that gives him admissions "spots" instead of a lower admission standard - because I bet the GT athletic admission standard is much higher than what he's working with at Jackson State. The SWAC choosing to stay out of the FCS playoffs might hurt him too. Deion is 0-1 in post-season games. Even if they're exhibitions, they carry huge weight in HBCU.

Leave a comment:

• shipfbfan1
    replied
    Georgia Tech canned its football HC and also its AD this morning.

Early buzz in Atlanta is the Yloowjackets will go after Deion Sanders very strong.
    Not if but WHEN Deion leaves Jackson State it won't be for GT I'll tell you that much. When he leaves it'll be a top 25 program. It's one thing to build a FCS team up in a short time but a P5 program at a disadvantage due to academics, smallest home venue in the conference and the pressure of winning almost immediately I don't see it happening. Now Florida State he'd jump on that in a heartbeat. I think he stays until his boys graduate and then at that point if JSU hasn't built it's resume up enough to get an invite from a FBS conference he passes the torch to another coach so he can jump ship up to the FBS level. Remember his son already left South Carolina so he can't transfer up without sitting out a year.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied

Woo boy the amount of money thrown around anymore to make the mid-season coaching change. You'd think they would want to make the guy coach for his job - maybe the result would be better.

I'm curious about Deion being successful in the long run. Yeah, he's won a lot, but how well will that translate to a big time academics school like GT? Unsure how they do athletic admissions. Does he get "spots" or does he get a lower standard deviation standard like most academics-first schools? Also, he did a lot of jawwing about Black players coming to HBCUs. Seems like cheap talk if he jumps for money.
    Can't disagree with a thing you said there, and I'm sure no fan of the guy. But landing two five-stars at an HBCU is in itself something that would make a Power Five AD salivate. He was bound to be in demand.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Early buzz in Atlanta is the Yloowjackets will go after Deion Sanders very strong.
    Woo boy the amount of money thrown around anymore to make the mid-season coaching change. You'd think they would want to make the guy coach for his job - maybe the result would be better.

I'm curious about Deion being successful in the long run. Yeah, he's won a lot, but how well will that translate to a big time academics school like GT? Unsure how they do athletic admissions. Does he get "spots" or does he get a lower standard deviation standard like most academics-first schools? Also, he did a lot of jawwing about Black players coming to HBCUs. Seems like cheap talk if he jumps for money.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Marshall won in South Bend a week ago.

Lost to Bowling Green in OT tonight.
    Crazy. Then there was the Appalachian State Hail Mary miracle against Troy.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Marshall won in South Bend a week ago.

Lost to Bowling Green in OT tonight.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X