Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The 'Duz announced Pitt is bringing in former HC Dave Wannstedt to be an honorary captain for the Backyard Brawl.

With his unpopular exit, that place will go nuts when he gets introduced.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Can't find a line anywhere, but how many points would you need to take Duquesne at Florida State this weekend?

These aren't your Daddy's 'Noles, but, nonetheless.

The B Team said at least 52.5
    I’m shocked Alabamastan didn’t schedule them…

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I saw 37.5 but from a rando site.
    Drop it all day long.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    I saw 37.5 but from a rando site.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Can't find a line anywhere, but how many points would you need to take Duquesne at Florida State this weekend?

These aren't your Daddy's 'Noles, but, nonetheless.

The B Team said at least 52.5

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP has had good gates the past 5-6 years.

Of course, when it's truly packed, the boxscore says 1,200. And, when it's truly empty the boxscore will say 5,700.

So, by and large, they are getting humans inside Miller. Problem is it's louder in the campus library than it is inside the stadium.

And, of course, that minor detail of 75% of the home side leaving at halftime every game to go back out and tailgate ... and not coming back inside. That doesn't help.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by realignmentreport1 View Post
    I work and live in the suburbs of Pittsburgh and am a long time Pitt resident. Even with Pitt being a conference champ last year they do not do well at all attendance wise. Many say its due to the stadium, as it is in a different part of town from the university. When Pitt Stadium was still standing, it was on the campus and you could walk up to it, albeit up a hill called "cardiac hill." Pitt rarely ever sells out, whereas the Steelers have been sold out for 50 years. It probably also does not help that in order to get to the game two buses or bus and trolley need to be taken to get from campus to the stadium. Parking is very expensive.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I work and live in the suburbs of Pittsburgh and am a long time Pitt resident. Even with Pitt being a conference champ last year they do not do well at all attendance wise. Many say its due to the stadium, as it is in a different part of town from the university. When Pitt Stadium was still standing, it was on the campus and you could walk up to it, albeit up a hill called "cardiac hill." Pitt rarely ever sells out, whereas the Steelers have been sold out for 50 years. It probably also does not help that in order to get to the game two buses or bus and trolley need to be taken to get from campus to the stadium. Parking is very expensive.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

I'd pay more than $100 for the WVU game. It will be an incredible atmosphere. I'd guess Pitt fans will occupy about a 60-40 share of the building. That said, I wouldn't pay $100 combined for the other 6 home games.

The Tennessee game in Week 2 may draw well -- IF they win the WVU game. If Pitt lays an egg in a sold out stadium ... the Vols all the sudden won't be a big attraction.

Rhode Island will be a yellow seat convention.

Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Syracuse and Duke will be good games but likely won't draw well.
    Those last four are the only ones you can choose, ironically.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yes but Costco is selling two lower bowl tickets to Pitt home games for $100 all in.
    I'd pay more than $100 for the WVU game. It will be an incredible atmosphere. I'd guess Pitt fans will occupy about a 60-40 share of the building. That said, I wouldn't pay $100 combined for the other 6 home games.

The Tennessee game in Week 2 may draw well -- IF they win the WVU game. If Pitt lays an egg in a sold out stadium ... the Vols all the sudden won't be a big attraction.

Rhode Island will be a yellow seat convention.

Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Syracuse and Duke will be good games but likely won't draw well.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Cheapest tickets available for WVU at Pitt are currently going for $135/per on Stubhub. They then jump to $190/per (and keep going up). The game is officially sold out.

College Gameday will be there. Big event.
    Yes but Costco is selling two lower bowl tickets to Pitt home games for $100 all in.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Cheapest tickets available for WVU at Pitt are currently going for $135/per on Stubhub. They then jump to $190/per (and keep going up). The game is officially sold out.

College Gameday will be there. Big event.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    I can't stand the DK site anymore. DK and Dale Lolley's arrogance has truly destroyed the site. The staff turnover has also been beyond annoying. To lose some of the star writers he had is absurd. Lose Hall of Famer Molinari but keep Haas, god awful. That's just one example of many.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    He's still a riot. They've toned him down since the 1250 days but the current show is still very good.

If you want garbage tune in to the B Team for a couple days.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by realignmentreport1 View Post

I agree when I get a chance. He is no better than a shock jock for sports.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X