Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I still listen to MM myself when I'm able to. He truly says things other Pittsburgh media won't. I appreciate that. He called the Steelers locker room issues with AB, Bell, etc. He calls the Pirates out for refusing to spend money to compete. Yes, he does call out the Pens too. He said Malkin should've been traded a few years ago when he had a lot of value and I agree.

I can't stand the DK site anymore. DK and Dale Lolley's arrogance has truly destroyed the site. The staff turnover has also been beyond annoying. To lose some of the star writers he had is absurd. Lose Hall of Famer Molinari but keep Haas, god awful. That's just one example of many.
    I agree when I get a chance. He is no better than a shock jock for sports.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I give you credit for still listening. I just grew tired of the schtick and at best dissecting the same game or team issues endlessly. You're right - he picks unnecessary fights. I get its a persona, but at the same time he'll trash Trump yet act a lot like him by picking these unnecessary fights. Similarly, he talks about "the media" like a Fox News host, giving blanket criticism of seemingly everyone but himself even though he's one of them, too. I honestly think he doesn't have much going for him other than work. Sports for us is a release, but for him its work. Yeah he's got music and I love hearing him talk about his favorite bands and concerts. But he also laments about the loss of his mom and he's clearly single plus his health fluctuates between poor and mediocre.
    I still listen to MM myself when I'm able to. He truly says things other Pittsburgh media won't. I appreciate that. He called the Steelers locker room issues with AB, Bell, etc. He calls the Pirates out for refusing to spend money to compete. Yes, he does call out the Pens too. He said Malkin should've been traded a few years ago when he had a lot of value and I agree.

I can't stand the DK site anymore. DK and Dale Lolley's arrogance has truly destroyed the site. The staff turnover has also been beyond annoying. To lose some of the star writers he had is absurd. Lose Hall of Famer Molinari but keep Haas, god awful. That's just one example of many.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    I give you credit for still listening. I just grew tired of the schtick and at best dissecting the same game or team issues endlessly. You're right - he picks unnecessary fights. I get its a persona, but at the same time he'll trash Trump yet act a lot like him by picking these unnecessary fights. Similarly, he talks about "the media" like a Fox News host, giving blanket criticism of seemingly everyone but himself even though he's one of them, too. I honestly think he doesn't have much going for him other than work. Sports for us is a release, but for him its work. Yeah he's got music and I love hearing him talk about his favorite bands and concerts. But he also laments about the loss of his mom and he's clearly single plus his health fluctuates between poor and mediocre.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I'm glad I never gave into the urge to subscribe. For as much good reporting DK and his staff have done, he's caused such a ruckus in the media by pissing people off or screwing employees. His staff turns over more than the Clarion QB room.

On the other hand, I can't stand Madden anymore. I used to tolerate him but his personal biases ruin everything for me. Roethlisberger, Lemieux, and Crosby can do no wrong and he'd go down defending them - on the same page the Rooneys and anyone associated with the Pirates can do no right. I get that he plays the heel. I've met him out in the wild and he was incredibly nice talking music but I can't stand his media character.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    I'm glad I never gave into the urge to subscribe. For as much good reporting DK and his staff have done, he's caused such a ruckus in the media by pissing people off or screwing employees. His staff turns over more than the Clarion QB room.

On the other hand, I can't stand Madden anymore. I used to tolerate him but his personal biases ruin everything for me. Roethlisberger, Lemieux, and Crosby can do no wrong and he'd go down defending them - on the same page the Rooneys and anyone associated with the Pirates can do no right. I get that he plays the heel. I've met him out in the wild and he was incredibly nice talking music but I can't stand his media character.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Correct, MM tried keeping that civil then Flair threw upper cuts via Twitter. It was so dumb.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Yes... Pomp, Stan Savrn, Old 29er, Yohe, etc. If you're not an idiot, he likes you.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Ric Flair

I think that's all.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Ric Flair

I think that's all.
    Ric Flair is out. Flair cut Madden out of the Pod cast and bashed him.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by realignmentreport1 View Post

Besides himself is there anyone Mark Madden actually likes?
    Yes... Pomp, Stan Savrn, Old 29er, Yohe, etc. If you're not an idiot, he likes you.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by realignmentreport1 View Post

Ric Flair

I think that's all.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Madden absolutely hates Narduzzi and I have to admit, I agree. Narduzzi is an idiot!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Madden absolutely hates Narduzzi and I have to admit, I agree. Narduzzi is an idiot!
    He best be ready opening night. WVU will buy half the stadium up.

Can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    How much longer until Pitt bans Narduzzi from doing talk shows?

Goodness.

Madden lit him up in his column today in the Trib.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X