Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Point taken...could have used vail or perhaps aura.
    Snow job might be an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Snow job might be an option.
      That would be another way to go!

Comment

• BU trustees object to any proposed school name that doesn't include Bloomsburg University in the new name. The name hasn't been revealed, but names thrown out have included The Triad and Northeast University. In 2020 they stipulated before they would participate in the integration process a guardrail the Bloomsburg University must be retained for any integrated entity. "Introducing an unknown and meaningless name into the equation "dilutes our brand' "

BU's enrollment is nearly tree times that of Lock Haven and four times Mansfield's, Chairwoman Bowes reported. It has more than double the alumni of the other two universities and an endowment four times bigger than that of both, at $60 million. (latest report was over 75 million)

Trustee Zeigler said "The idea of a neutral brand to keep everybody happy is really a fool's errand. You've go take the strongest brand out there, the most powerful brand, and you've got to choose it and do all you can with it."

Press-Enterprise excerpts used

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
          BU trustees object to any proposed school name that doesn't include Bloomsburg University in the new name. The name hasn't been revealed, but names thrown out have included The Triad and Northeast University. In 2020 they stipulated before they would participate in the integration process a guardrail the Bloomsburg University must be retained for any integrated entity. "Introducing an unknown and meaningless name into the equation "dilutes our brand' "

BU's enrollment is nearly tree times that of Lock Haven and four times Mansfield's, Chairwoman Bowes reported. It has more than double the alumni of the other two universities and an endowment four times bigger than that of both, at $60 million. (latest report was over 75 million)

Trustee Zeigler said "The idea of a neutral brand to keep everybody happy is really a fool's errand. You've go take the strongest brand out there, the most powerful brand, and you've got to choose it and do all you can with it."

Press-Enterprise excerpts used
          And these people say this now? Gimme a break. Where have they been. If they didn't want to be in the triad set up (and I think only Mansfield does in the NE) they should have gotten off their lazy behinds a little earlier than this. It's just like athletics at Bloom. The program has taken a dive, overall. It reminds me of the guy on the old EWL forum who used to ridicule the "All is well" crowd of Bloom athletics.

This position you are describing is absurd. It's insulting. It is poorly thought out. Furthermore, it's not going to happen. It's simply idiotic. Struck a nerve, Bart.

Comment

And these people say this now? Gimme a break. Where have they been. If they didn't want to be in the triad set up (and I think only Mansfield does in the NE) they should have gotten off their lazy behinds a little earlier than this. It's just like athletics at Bloom. The program has taken a dive, overall. It reminds me of the guy on the old EWL forum who used to ridicule the "All is well" crowd of Bloom athletics.

This position you are describing is absurd. It's insulting. It is poorly thought out. Furthermore, it's not going to happen. It's simply idiotic. Struck a nerve, Bart.
            I don't think "these people" are against the integration, they just want the name Bloomsburg University in the cover name and said so back in 2020. "This is not a new position and should not surprise any parties involved in the process. We've consistently called for the retention of the name from the earliest integration discussions. " If you remember the 3 names thrown out initially, did include Bloomsburg. Maybe they see Bloom with 2 branch campuses. They do have the president, accreditation that will be used for the integration entity, and their trustess will be the integrated university's trustees.

The name argument will be presented to the board of governors next week, which is when they vote on the name. BU council is an advisory board and does not have the authority to make a decision on the name, and they think the argument is unlikely to be successful.

I agree the big sports at Bloom have taken a dive, but they beat Edinboro in wrestling this year. Calm down, you are an iupgroundhog, and LHU is safe.
            Last edited by Bart; 02-26-2022, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I don't think "these people" are against the integration, they just want the name Bloomsburg University in the cover name and said so back in 2020. "This is not a new position and should not surprise any parties involved in the process. We've consistently called for the retention of the name from the earliest integration discussions. " If you remember the 3 names thrown out initially, did include Bloomsburg. Maybe they see Bloom with 2 branch campuses. They do have the president, accreditation that will be used for the integration entity, and their trustess will be the integrated university's trustees.

The name argument will be presented to the board of governors next week, which is when they vote on the name. BU council is an advisory board and does not have the authority to make a decision on the name, and they think the argument is unlikely to be successful.

I agree the big sports at Bloom have taken a dive, but they beat Edinboro in wrestling this year. Calm down, you are an iupgroundhog, and LHU is safe.
              No, no. I think they are against integration because implicit in the agreement is that it won't be called Bloomsburg. I don't think them doing this is productive at all. They are behind the eight ball. If they said that they wanted that in 2020, was it agreed to on any level? I think we know the answer to that.

Comment

No, no. I think they are against integration because implicit in the agreement is that it won't be called Bloomsburg. I don't think them doing this is productive at all. They are behind the eight ball. If they said that they wanted that in 2020, was it agreed to on any level? I think we know the answer to that.
                I can only go by what is reported, the council said retaining the name of Bloomsburg University was the "guardrail" they laid out with regard to any future integration. Perhaps they were promised that, remember the initial survey offered respondents three name choices for the new merged universities: - Bloomsburg University Group of Pennsylvania - Northeast University of Pennsylvania - Commonwealth University of Pennsylvania.

If each university keeps its name for sports , diplomas, signs, and merchandise, why are people concerned? And if it was a true integration, Bloom has the accreditation, the president should come from another school, and the council from another. I think the argument BU council gave has merit. If you can't make everyone happy, make the majority happy.
                Last edited by Bart; 02-26-2022, 02:09 PM.

Comment

I can only go by what is reported, the council said retaining the name of Bloomsburg University was the "guardrail" they laid out with regard to any future integration. Perhaps they were promised that, remember the initial survey offered respondents three name choices for the new merged universities: - Bloomsburg University Group of Pennsylvania - Northeast University of Pennsylvania - Commonwealth University of Pennsylvania.

If each university keeps its name for sports , diplomas, signs, and merchandise, why are people concerned? And if it was a true integration, Bloom has the accreditation, the president should come from another school, and the council from another. I think the argument BU council gave has merit. If you can't make everyone happy, make the majority happy.
                  Putin wants Ukraine to be a branch campus, too.

Comment

Putin wants Ukraine to be a branch campus, too.
                    Bloomsburg professor said No.

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/wo...6-9c12fe267e5a

Comment

At least Bashir Hanna doesn't have nuclear weapons.

Comment

At least Bashir Hanna doesn't have nuclear weapons.
                        He has the numbers in students and alumni. Biden got elected president, which made some people unhappy. Majority wins, democracy prevails.

Think of the integration as rebranding, like Dunkin' Donuts becoming Dunkin. Now Bloomsburg becomes the Bloom Triad. I don't see it happening, so turn off the war news before you see your neighbor as an enemy for wearing a Bloomsburg hoodie.

Comment

He has the numbers in students and alumni. Biden got elected president, which made some people unhappy. Majority wins, democracy prevails.

Think of the integration as rebranding, like Dunkin' Donuts becoming Dunkin. Now Bloomsburg becomes the Bloom Triad. I don't see it happening, so turn off the war news before you see your neighbor as an enemy for wearing a Bloomsburg hoodie.
                          The objective was never for one school to take over the other two. That's the fear, but never the goal. Bloom folks should understand that.

Comment

The objective was never for one school to take over the other two. That's the fear, but never the goal. Bloom folks should understand that.
                            That was Greenstein's objective, but everyone does their own cost benefit analysis. If someone can throw a wrench into this whole process, I applaud them.

Comment

Who ever called the PASSHE a democracy????

Comment

That was Greenstein's objective, but everyone does their own cost benefit analysis. If someone can throw a wrench into this whole process, I applaud them.
                                To be replaced byyyyyy???

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X