• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeast name announced tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      Northeast name announced tomorrow
      Just a press release or are they going to cut a ribbon or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Just a press release or are they going to cut a ribbon or something?
        PASSHE BOG meeting at 4:30pm today to vote on the proposed name. It will surely leak out sometime this afternoon. Expect a unanimous approval.

Comment

PASSHE BOG meeting at 4:30pm today to vote on the proposed name. It will surely leak out sometime this afternoon. Expect a unanimous approval.
          I still like Bloomfield Haven. It gives Bloom top billing.

Comment

I still like Bloomfield Haven. It gives Bloom top billing.
            Sounds like a retirement complex. Like Del Boca Vista.

Comment

Sounds like a retirement complex. Like Del Boca Vista.
              Well, they do have a lot of people retiring.

Comment

• Commonwealth University of Pennsylvania.

https://www.penncapital-star.com/blo...-pennsylvania/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
                  Commonwealth University of Pennsylvania.

I like it. FWIW, I think they should have put Pennsylvania first i.e. Pennsylvania Commonwealth University. That would have been a consistent format with Pennsylvania Western University. I am not a member of the BOG, however.

Comment

Commonwealth University of Pennsylvania.

Wonder if they have long range plans of linking up with Geisinger Commonwealth school of Medicine. https://www.geisinger.edu/education

Comment

I like it. FWIW, I think they should have put Pennsylvania first i.e. Pennsylvania Commonwealth University. That would have been a consistent format with Pennsylvania Western University. I am not a member of the BOG, however.
                      I believe both names were ordered for "internet search optimization". I guess word order matters in that case. That's what I was repeatedly told while participating in the Pennsylvania Western farce.

PASSHE also learned greatly from the Penn Western rollout and clearly explained the caveats, which are essentially the same.
                      Last edited by Fightingscot82; 03-03-2022, 07:55 AM.

Comment

I believe both names were ordered for "internet search optimization". I guess word order matters in that case. That's what I was repeatedly told while participating in the Pennsylvania Western farce.

PASSHE also learned greatly from the Penn Western rollout and clearly explained the caveats, which are essentially the same.
                        I think "word order optimization" in a vacuum is not that relevant. The word order recognition before it is an actual thing isn't very important. That internet optimization will be derived from what it eventually comes to be.

Plus, I think these schools should get away from the "University of Pennsylvania" concept. I don't want to seem, contrarian, do you disagree with what I am saying? Not that we would have any influence over the naming, of course.

Comment

I think "word order optimization" in a vacuum is not that relevant. The word order recognition before it is an actual thing isn't very important. That internet optimization will be derived from what it eventually comes to be.

Plus, I think these schools should get away from the "University of Pennsylvania" concept. I don't want to seem, contrarian, do you disagree with what I am saying? Not that we would have any influence over the naming, of course.
                          No I agree with you. Someone told me that Act 180 requires the "of Pennsylvania" in their legal names. Most schools got away from it in branding/marketing in the last decade.

What I believe the marketing pros misunderstand is that at least in the short term, potential applicants aren't going to Google "Commonwealth University" they're going to google "Bloomsburg" or "Lock Haven."

Comment

No I agree with you. Someone told me that Act 180 requires the "of Pennsylvania" in their legal names. Most schools got away from it in branding/marketing in the last decade.

What I believe the marketing pros misunderstand is that at least in the short term, potential applicants aren't going to Google "Commonwealth University" they're going to google "Bloomsburg" or "Lock Haven."
                            According to the release, "Commonwealth University will not serve as a public-facing identifier, but will remain in the background" and all signage on campuses will remain the same. Doesn't sound like the internet searches will change.

Comment

According to the release, "Commonwealth University will not serve as a public-facing identifier, but will remain in the background" and all signage on campuses will remain the same. Doesn't sound like the internet searches will change.
                              Correct. This article almost makes it seem not that bad.

https://www.lockhaven.com/news/local...ed-university/

Comment

That all makes sense except that PWU does not have U of PA in its name.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X