Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

That all makes sense except that PWU does not have U of PA in its name.
    Its in the legal name. Its so awkward. The BOG announcement was "Pennsylvania Western University of Pennsylvania"

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Its in the legal name. Its so awkward. The BOG announcement was "Pennsylvania Western University of Pennsylvania"
      I can think of other adjectives besides "awkward" for that.

Comment

• How does the Commonwealth System feel about this name?

Comment

• Am I the only one who thinks this whole freaking thing is weird?

Comment

• Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
            Am I the only one who thinks this whole freaking thing is weird?
            No. Me too.

Comment

If they were going to do that, probably should have just gone with Western University of Pennsylvania to avoid the redundancy.

Comment

• Does the name even matter to the average Joe? If the three campuses are going to maintain their own identity (signage remaining, nicknames remaining, mascots remaining, etc.) ... this just seems like a big deal about, well, nothing.

I'd love to know who much money was spent on coming up with these two names.

I can just hear some young alumni saying they just graduated from Pennsylvania Western University of Pennsylvania at California University of Pennsylvania. Has a real ring to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Does the name even matter to the average Joe? If the three campuses are going to maintain their own identity (signage remaining, nicknames remaining, mascots remaining, etc.) ... this just seems like a big deal about, well, nothing.

I can just hear some young alumni saying they just graduated from Pennsylvania Western University of Pennsylvania at California University of Pennsylvania. Has a real ring to it.
                  The emphasis on each school retaining their individual identity in the NE I think is a direct result of the resistance PASSHE received from LHU and, to a lesser extent, Bloomsburg.. I think. Has to be.

Comment

Does the name even matter to the average Joe? If the three campuses are going to maintain their own identity (signage remaining, nicknames remaining, mascots remaining, etc.) ... this just seems like a big deal about, well, nothing.

They always way overpay consultants for these ideas. Always makes you suspicious how the firms get chosen, to essentially do a few focus groups, and write a report, usually for nearly 1 million. Anyway, we'll see in the next few years how this goes. the east seems to be trying to pretend that there's no difference, but there is, since majors can now be cancelled at one university without consequences (nurses can still take physics from Loch Haven, for instance. ) it will depend on how much the students care about that. And then how the view the value of the degree. Without the identity, the value usually decreases.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

If they were going to do that, probably should have just gone with Western University of Pennsylvania to avoid the redundancy.
                      That is Pitt's original name and I believe they still hold the copyright on it.

Comment

That is Pitt's original name and I believe they still hold the copyright on it.
                        I always hear that but I don't think it's valid. Pitt hasn't had that name for 114 years and they don't use it for anything. I think a school could use the name.

Comment

• Don't look now but LHU is in the lead in the MAC Wrestling championships, followed by Bloomsburg. Go Commonwealth!

Note: It's early Quarterfinals.

https://www.trackwrestling.com/prede...nId=zhokktocef

Ok, so after the quarterfinals Bloom has fallen off the pace. But Clarion is making a surprising push and stands in 2nd. It's a good showing by the PSAC D1 teams.
                          Last edited by iupgroundhog; 03-04-2022, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Phila. PBS radio questioned whether this is could be only the beginning and this is how it will be now. We have to watch for the next shoe to drop.

Comment

• Lockmansburg was my pick

Comment

• So, basically the Bloomsburg, Lock Haven and Mansfield brandings are nothing more than an "d/b/a" (doing business as) "Commonwealth University of Pennsylvania" ... PASSHE might as well separate the Commie U and Penn West U triads from the rest of the PASSHE system if these new names are nothing more than subsidiaries of PASSHE.
                                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X