Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure Penn is thrilled about this: haha

Comment

• Here it comes, Mansfield. Here it comes, Lock Haven.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/1...versities.html

Comment

• Enrollment was pretty bad at nearly all schools. I wouldn't be surprised if more letters go out.

What sometimes happens then is faculty members retire so others can keep their jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by complaint_hopeful View Post
          Enrollment was pretty bad at nearly all schools. I wouldn't be surprised if more letters go out.

What sometimes happens then is faculty members retire so others can keep their jobs.

Comment

I'm sure Penn is thrilled about this: haha
            There is no way that a human being wrote this article. I had a migraine reading halfway through it...
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• https://www.caltimes.org/8704/news/c...-the-students/

Comment

• That's funny. It's interesting reading these students comments because there is a very different attitude between the two triads. In the west, it seems like there is general acceptance, but in the NE you don't find that same attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

That's funny. It's interesting reading these students comments because there is a very different attitude between the two triads. In the west, it seems like there is general acceptance, but in the NE you don't find that same attitude.
                  The schools in the west have a battered psyche and a bit of Stockholm Syndrome. The students, staff, and alumni have endured 10 years of program cuts, faculty and staff cuts, and upon returning to campus, empty buildings. Anyone who's paid attention at these schools knew this was inevitable.

Comment

• Youngstown State University hits all time low enrollment, 25 academic programs to be discontinued. Article references PASSE.

https://businessjournaldaily.com/art...ow-enrollment/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
                      Youngstown State University hits all time low enrollment, 25 academic programs to be discontinued. Article references PASSE.

The competition with PennWest is obviously getting to them!

Comment

Coach Sweater Vest is just waiting to be bailed out like he was against Miami.

Comment

Youngstown State University hits all time low enrollment, 25 academic programs to be discontinued. Article references PASSE.

That's a pretty good article talking about the struggles of several different types of schools - Kent State, Kent State branches, YSU, and Penn State Shenango.

Comment

Well played!

Comment

• Hearing Bloom will be eliminating majors in Philosophy, Anthropology, and Physics with the merger. There goes my undergraduate degree.

Comment

Hearing Bloom will be eliminating majors in Philosophy, Anthropology, and Physics with the merger. There goes my undergraduate degree.
                                Sorry to hear that, PASSHE admins want to cut any major that does not pay for itself, despite the fact that having these majors improve things, like the Ethics class class Pre-law majors take, and the physics class pre-meds and nurses take. I expect that maybe these degrees might eventually be offered by the merged institution.with advanced classes with low enrollments offered via distance or hybrid classes to all 3 locations. That's not going to increase enrollment, though.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X