Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bart
    replied
    Hearing Bloom will be eliminating majors in Philosophy, Anthropology, and Physics with the merger. There goes my undergraduate degree.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by complaint_hopeful View Post

The competition with PennWest is obviously getting to them!
    Well played!

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Youngstown State University hits all time low enrollment, 25 academic programs to be discontinued. Article references PASSE.

https://businessjournaldaily.com/art...ow-enrollment/

That's a pretty good article talking about the struggles of several different types of schools - Kent State, Kent State branches, YSU, and Penn State Shenango.

Leave a comment:

• cwfenn
    replied

Coach Sweater Vest is just waiting to be bailed out like he was against Miami.

Leave a comment:

• complaint_hopeful
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Youngstown State University hits all time low enrollment, 25 academic programs to be discontinued. Article references PASSE.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

That's funny. It's interesting reading these students comments because there is a very different attitude between the two triads. In the west, it seems like there is general acceptance, but in the NE you don't find that same attitude.
    The schools in the west have a battered psyche and a bit of Stockholm Syndrome. The students, staff, and alumni have endured 10 years of program cuts, faculty and staff cuts, and upon returning to campus, empty buildings. Anyone who's paid attention at these schools knew this was inevitable.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    That's funny. It's interesting reading these students comments because there is a very different attitude between the two triads. In the west, it seems like there is general acceptance, but in the NE you don't find that same attitude.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    https://www.caltimes.org/8704/news/c...-the-students/

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    I'm sure Penn is thrilled about this: haha
    There is no way that a human being wrote this article. I had a migraine reading halfway through it...

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Enrollment was pretty bad at nearly all schools. I wouldn't be surprised if more letters go out.

What sometimes happens then is faculty members retire so others can keep their jobs.

Leave a comment:

• complaint_hopeful
    replied
    Enrollment was pretty bad at nearly all schools. I wouldn't be surprised if more letters go out.

What sometimes happens then is faculty members retire so others can keep their jobs.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    Here it comes, Mansfield. Here it comes, Lock Haven.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/1...versities.html

Leave a comment:

• complaint_hopeful
    replied
    I'm sure Penn is thrilled about this: haha

Leave a comment:

• complaint_hopeful
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I have to think that quote has been taken out of context. I think he meant that this move was never about lowering the cost of attendance to individual students. He's said that it has the potential to lower the total cost to a degree but that's about students who have to extend enrollment due to limited class offerings.

He can't be denying that its about saving operational dollars. Can he?
    Well, I think the costs are stacking up, and the enrollment hits really crushed the positive ROI of this. I think neither Triad projects positive financials through like 3-4 years (which was revealed on that call).

And he was getting grilled about why they're asking for more money and what they're using it for.

But, yes...several spots on the PASSHE site reference 'cost savings' in regards to the Integration:

The choices reflect the data, which suggest there could be significant benefits from these universities working together as regional partners. Benefits would include: Potential for growth into new markets to serve more students; Ability to leverage their regional proximity to each other; and Opportunities for cost savings (thanks to scale) that enhance financial sustainability. The data we have are not leading us to consider any other integrations at this time.

University Integrations FAQs.pdf (passhe.edu)

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X