Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Making matters worse, A.J. Brown may have a serious knee injury.
    And Jalen Hurts isn't helping with his interceptions in the second quarter. Somewhere in LA, "Potato Chip" Kelly is laughing at the way the Iggles are choking their season away.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

It has to be Rudolph if they get in. This offseason will be very interesting. First question would be will they re-sign Mason, who has probably made himself some pretty good money with his performance these last three weeks. But whether it’s Mason or somebody else, I’m not sure how you just hand the starting job back to Kenny without making him earn it in a legitimate competition in camp. They gave him the dreaded vote of confidence this week, but franchise QBs don’t get left on the bench for must win games when they get healthy.
      This. When they had must win games, they gave the ball to QB 3 instead of their “franchise” quarterback. Maybe that’s what spooked Kenny when they didn’t even give him a uniform for the Seattle trip. He’s closer to being a career backup or out of the league than his is to being a top-tier franchise quarterback. I’m not trying to be overly harsh, but I believe that to be the case. I’d love to be proven wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

This. When they had must win games, they gave the ball to QB 3 instead of their “franchise” quarterback. Maybe that’s what spooked Kenny when they didn’t even give him a uniform for the Seattle trip. He’s closer to being a career backup or out of the league than his is to being a top-tier franchise quarterback. I’m not trying to be overly harsh, but I believe that to be the case. I’d love to be proven wrong.
        I agree with this. I truthfully did not want the Steelers to make the playoffs because I just don't believe they are a good enough team to make noise in the playoffs. I'd rather they take a look in the mirror, recognize the flaws, and make tangible changes. But I recognize that's also not how they tend to operate either. I really want them to go outside the organization to hire an OC with a modern approach to NFL football. Those guys are out there. But I think with them winning their final three (against a combination of backup QBs, bad defenses, and a team with nothing to play for) it gives the notion that they are moving in the right direction and they will just make Eddie Faulkner the OC, deploying mostly the same scheme and vision shared by Tomlin and Matt Canada that got them into this mess in the first place.

I think for Pickett, if you think he is your guy, you owe it to him to bring in a new OC that fits more what he can do. He probably gets 8 games next year to show he can do it at this level. If not, you have to move on. But I think if you look at him even in college, he struggled mightily playing in the Sean Watson offense his first two years. That style of play was similar to what Canada was deploying. When Whipple arrived at Pitt, you started to see clear and natural progression with his development that ultimately reached a crescendo in 2021. But they were aggressive and trying things down the field. I think Pickett has been horrific all season, but I also don't think the offensive approach suited what he is probably best suited to do.

But overall, he every day he looks more and more like a non-NFL level player. Franchise guy, okay starter, backup, or whatever title you want to give. Like you, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

And Jalen Hurts isn't helping with his interceptions in the second quarter. Somewhere in LA, "Potato Chip" Kelly is laughing at the way the Iggles are choking their season away.
          Why...they won a ring after they sent him away. He still has nothing.

The Eagles are a dumpster fire...only one more week of this nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I agree with this. I truthfully did not want the Steelers to make the playoffs because I just don't believe they are a good enough team to make noise in the playoffs. I'd rather they take a look in the mirror, recognize the flaws, and make tangible changes. But I recognize that's also not how they tend to operate either. I really want them to go outside the organization to hire an OC with a modern approach to NFL football. Those guys are out there. But I think with them winning their final three (against a combination of backup QBs, bad defenses, and a team with nothing to play for) it gives the notion that they are moving in the right direction and they will just make Eddie Faulkner the OC, deploying mostly the same scheme and vision shared by Tomlin and Matt Canada that got them into this mess in the first place.

I think for Pickett, if you think he is your guy, you owe it to him to bring in a new OC that fits more what he can do. He probably gets 8 games next year to show he can do it at this level. If not, you have to move on. But I think if you look at him even in college, he struggled mightily playing in the Sean Watson offense his first two years. That style of play was similar to what Canada was deploying. When Whipple arrived at Pitt, you started to see clear and natural progression with his development that ultimately reached a crescendo in 2021. But they were aggressive and trying things down the field. I think Pickett has been horrific all season, but I also don't think the offensive approach suited what he is probably best suited to do.

But overall, he every day he looks more and more like a non-NFL level player. Franchise guy, okay starter, backup, or whatever title you want to give. Like you, I'd love to be proven wrong.
            I agree that the finish to the season is a bit of fool’s gold as it relates to the future beyond this season and I too am worried that making the playoffs will lead them to stick with the status quo. But had Watt not gotten hurt I do believe they had the potential to make some noise this year. Warren and Harris are a pretty potent duo and with the way they can control the ball and the clock with those two, a couple big plays from the defense might have been enough to pull an upset or two in an AFC field that has several flawed/banged up teams in it. Even still, if bad Josh Allen shows up on Sunday, I’m not ruling out the possibility of an upset.
            Last edited by Chuck Norris; 01-08-2024, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

I agree that the finish to the season is a bit of fool’s gold as it relates to the future beyond this season and I too am worried that making the playoffs will lead them to stick with the status quo. But had Watt not gotten hurt I do believe they had the potential to make some noise this year. Warren and Harris are a pretty potent duo and with the way they can control the ball and the clock with those two, a couple big plays from the defense might have been enough to pull an upset or two in an AFC field that has several flawed/banged up teams in it. Even still, if bad Josh Allen shows up on Sunday, I’m not ruling out the possibility of an upset.
              I'm not either. I think if I evaluate them from a high level, I don't think they are better from a roster construction standpoint than other teams who did not make the postseason in the AFC. And that is alarming from how the NFL handicaps schedules, handles the non-lottery draft order, etc. Cincy is a better team than they are, but they were without a healthy Burrow all year. I don't believe they are better than Jacksonville. I think Indy is better than them.

Comment

• Joey Fisher (Shepherd) was released by the Browns last Tuesday, 1/2/24. Perhaps he plays in the UFL this spring.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShipAlum View Post
                  Joey Fisher (Shepherd) was released by the Browns last Tuesday, 1/2/24. Perhaps he plays in the UFL this spring.
                  Would be good for him to get some more game experience in while he continues trying to crack the NFL.

Comment

• Seattle and New England HC jobs are available.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Why...they won a ring after they sent him away. He still has nothing.

The Eagles are a dumpster fire...only one more week of this nonsense.
                      Because it looks like Siriani is being exposed as a bigger fraud than Potato Chip was with the Iggles. It's still a headscratcher that the Iggles started 10-1 and end up losing five of their last six. Haven't we seen that script before down at Broad and Pattison?

Comment

Because it looks like Siriani is being exposed as a bigger fraud than Potato Chip was with the Iggles. It's still a headscratcher that the Iggles started 10-1 and end up losing five of their last six. Haven't we seen that script before down at Broad and Pattison?
                        Fat Bastard doesn’t look quite the genius without Eric Bienemy. It’s just obvious that a good staff is necessary…and Sirianni doesn’t have two good coordinators .

Comment

Fat Bastard doesn’t look quite the genius without Eric Bienemy. It’s just obvious that a good staff is necessary…and Sirianni doesn’t have two good coordinators .
                          It hasn't exactly worked out well for Bienemy in Washington so far... maybe a new head coach will make things better, though nothing short of a complete rebuild is going to salvage the Commies at this point.

And, yeah, Matt Patricia isn't going to cut it in Philly unless the braintrust is gullible enough to keep him around.

Comment

It hasn't exactly worked out well for Bienemy in Washington so far... maybe a new head coach will make things better, though nothing short of a complete rebuild is going to salvage the Commies at this point.

And, yeah, Matt Patricia isn't going to cut it in Philly unless the braintrust is gullible enough to keep him around.
                            Yeah...they seemed to forget Big Dick Nick torched one of his defenses pretty good.

Comment

All left standing are 0-0 now.

Comment

• Steelers vs Bills will now play on Monday due to weather.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X