Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That's all he's likely ever going to be.

He went in Round 1 because the Steelers had to take somebody (in the worst QB class in forever). Normal draft Pickett is probably a Rd 3 guy.
    Pickett was old for his class and only had one year of truly high level play in college. Big pair of red flags but I think some people managed to talk themselves into the idea of him being the next Burrow because they didn’t pay attention to the difference in competition level.

Comment

Money is a beautiful thing for criminals.
      Yeah, the justice system operates somewhat differently for wealthy people and celebrities. Who knew? /s

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

As an Eagles fan, I like it. I think. Seems like a good fit.
        Eh…I don’t know. Not only is he not NFL starter quality, he’s proven to be a whiner. I hope he works out for you but I’m not sure he’ll be in the league for many more years.

The Steelers are getting a lot of praise for the recent big moves they made but they should be getting a lot more heat for trading away a guy for next to nothing that they drafted in the first round that only lasted two seasons with the team. It was a horrible reach and they’ve been set back at the position for years because of it. It doesn’t help that it was the same draft Brock Purdy got picked with the final overall selection. Now they’ll have to draft another QB and bring another one or two free agents so they can go into the season with three on the roster. How good do you think those guys are going to be? Let’s not forget that Russel Wilson didn’t exactly light it up in recent years.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Eh…I don’t know. Not only is he not NFL starter quality, he’s proven to be a whiner. I hope he works out for you but I’m not sure he’ll be in the league for many more years.

The Steelers are getting a lot of praise for the recent big moves they made but they should be getting a lot more heat for trading away a guy for next to nothing that they drafted in the first round that only lasted two seasons with the team. It was a horrible reach and they’ve been set back at the position for years because of it. It doesn’t help that it was the same draft Brock Purdy got picked with the final overall selection. Now they’ll have to draft another QB and bring another one or two free agents so they can go into the season with three on the roster. How good do you think those guys are going to be? Let’s not forget that Russel Wilson didn’t exactly light it up in recent years.
          Since he grew up an Iggles fan maybe he won’t whine because he’s on his favorite team.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Whiner is the polite way of saying little b!tch lol

Comment

• As with all trades (if that's what you call it), you never know how it works out for some time. I don't follow the Steelers and haven't followed Pickett too much but it seems as if Steelers fans are really down on him. From what I've read, Pickett doesn't necessarily have the QB2 role wrapped up in Philly, either.

I don't know if he has the skills to live up to his hype when he was drafted but I think it's possible that he can get his career going in a different direction in Philly. I think the "trade" is a steal for the Eagles.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                As with all trades (if that's what you call it), you never know how it works out for some time. I don't follow the Steelers and haven't followed Pickett too much but it seems as if Steelers fans are really down on him. From what I've read, Pickett doesn't necessarily have the QB2 role wrapped up in Philly, either.

I don't know if he has the skills to live up to his hype when he was drafted but I think it's possible that he can get his career going in a different direction in Philly. I think the "trade" is a steal for the Eagles.
                In his defense, he wasn't a Round 1 player. He was by default in a terrible draft class. Consider the first QB chosen almost never goes way down at No. 21 overall.

Put it this way ... last year he'd have been the 6th or 7th QB taken in that draft. Same this year.

I think he'll be fine as a QB2 (and make a good living).

His antics did rub many the wrong way.

Comment

In his defense, he wasn't a Round 1 player. He was by default in a terrible draft class. Consider the first QB chosen almost never goes way down at No. 21 overall.

Put it this way ... last year he'd have been the 6th or 7th QB taken in that draft. Same this year.

I think he'll be fine as a QB2 (and make a good living).

His antics did rub many the wrong way.
                  The false narrative is that only Philly is rough on its athletes but yinzers have chewed up and spit out QB’s not named Bradshaw or the Bloated Sex Fiend for years. There are plenty of bodies since Bradshaw retired and before and after Bluto played. He was just another one of them. I give Wilson 8 games before Yinzer Nation wants him gone.

Comment

• Bears trading Justin Fields to the Yinzers.

Comment

Bears trading Justin Fields to the Yinzers.
                      So you sign two starters..doesn’t sound like a good situation. Somebody gonna be mad.

Comment

Bears trading Justin Fields to the Yinzers.
                        We are living in some sort of alternate universe. These are not the Pittsburgh Steelers. This is crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

We are living in some sort of alternate universe. These are not the Pittsburgh Steelers. This is crazy.
                          Good move. Basically got him for free.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

So you sign two starters..doesn’t sound like a good situation. Somebody gonna be mad.
                            I assume the plan is one year of Wilson and then Fields takes over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

I assume the plan is one year of Wilson and then Fields takes over.
                              We'll see.

One team is paying $85m just to get rid of one guy (Wilson).

The other team just dumped their thought-to-be future for a 6th Round pick.

I like the moves. But, there's a reason they are both here. Hopefully they are good teammates and revived.

Comment

Good move. Basically got him for free.
                                Oh the deal is amazing, especially if Fields pans out. I just can’t believe they are making these moves. Admitting they screwed up taking Ol’ Small Hands after just two seasons? What a time to be alive.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X