Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see any justification for Sirianni to keep Johnson and Desai/Patricia after this season. They have to go.

Comment

• Kenny Pickett meet Wally Pipp

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Kenny Pickett meet Wally Pipp
        The business of the NFL is what it is, but it sucks. Pickett was going to get his shot because he’s a first round pick. Fair enough and I get it. Mitch got paid a boatload of money to come here and couldn’t even beat out the rookie who he was supposed to start over for a year or two. In the meantime, Rudolph has always played pretty well when called upon and he never really got a fair shot to win the job once Mitch took all the money and Pickett was drafted so high. Mitch was so bad that Tomlin had to go to Rudolph or risk the Yinzers burning down his neighborhood.

Rudolph is the best quarterback on the roster right now. He’s experienced, has won games, and looks the most capable. Maybe Pickett eventually passes him, but it’s looking pretty clear to me that the Steelers reached badly for him. Regardless of how this season ends, Mitch needs to be sent packing and it might be for good. It’s a shame he got the reps he did and ended up costing the Steelers very winnable games by being terrible.

My guess is they’ll give Pickett another shot next year because he was their #1 pick, but he’s still on a rookie contract and not a big cap hit. Other than the embarrassment of picking him in the first round, the Steelers could move on and not be out a lot of money. I really doubt they’ll do it, but if I were the Steelers I’d sign Rudolph (if they can now that he has value), let Mitch walk, and give Pickett another season to show he is a legitimate NFL QB.

Rudolph has a 115.3 passer rating compared to 71.9 (Mitch) and 81.4 (Pickett). Rudolph completes 69% of his passes compared to about 62% for the other two. Aside from the stats, there’s what we can see with our own eyes. The last two weeks has been a far better Steelers offense than what we’ve seen all season prior.

Comment

• One more win against the Bears on Jan. 7th and my Packers will make the playoffs. Not many predicted it (including me) if it does happen. It's been a wild season with lots of injuries and rookie blunders, especially on defense.

Go Pack Go!

Last edited by crixus; 01-01-2024, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Kenny Pickett meet Wally Pipp
            Mark Madden has heard from a Steelers source that Kenny refused to be QB2 yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Mark Madden has heard from a Steelers source that Kenny refused to be QB2 yesterday.
              I usually believe MM but there is an unusual amount of skepticism of his report from some others in the local media. One of Madden's sources was Roethlisberger. The two were neighbors at Washington's Landing when Ben was younger and became friends. If that was his source, not sure how accurate Ben would have things. Plus Dejan Kovacevic also lives at Washington's Landing and has refuted MM's report. I'd be surprised if this was true. It seems out of character for Pickett and the team didn't take Pickens doing something similar earlier in the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I usually believe MM but there is an unusual amount of skepticism of his report from some others in the local media. One of Madden's sources was Roethlisberger. The two were neighbors at Washington's Landing when Ben was younger and became friends. If that was his source, not sure how accurate Ben would have things. Plus Dejan Kovacevic also lives at Washington's Landing and has refuted MM's report. I'd be surprised if this was true. It seems out of character for Pickett and the team didn't take Pickens doing something similar earlier in the season.
                I’m not sure what to believe, these sort of things are just really fun to follow and Twitter. Gerry Dulac and Mark Kaboly have both kind of inferred that it was true without going all in. DK said it’s not, but I believe he and MM are still in a blood feud.

Apparently Kenny told the media today that he would have started if he had been healthy enough to dress. I don’t buy that, I think Tomlin was going to go with Mason’s hot hand either way. So maybe there is something to it when you pair this with Kenny’s one word “No” answer when he was asked if he’d learned anything sitting and watching. At the least, I would guess he doesn’t think much of Mitch or Mason.

Comment

I’m not sure what to believe, these sort of things are just really fun to follow and Twitter. Gerry Dulac and Mark Kaboly have both kind of inferred that it was true without going all in. DK said it’s not, but I believe he and MM are still in a blood feud.

Apparently Kenny told the media today that he would have started if he had been healthy enough to dress. I don’t buy that, I think Tomlin was going to go with Mason’s hot hand either way. So maybe there is something to it when you pair this with Kenny’s one word “No” answer when he was asked if he’d learned anything sitting and watching. At the least, I would guess he doesn’t think much of Mitch or Mason.
                  Unfortunately for Kenny, he can refuse all he wants (if true) but he’s not the decider. He chose to be painfully average if I’m being generous during his time as the starter and I think Tomlin would lose a lot of guys in the locker room if he gave the ball back to him at this point. The offense has had a completely different look with Rudolph under center. I recognize that Cincy and Seattle aren’t exactly dominant defenses but Rudolph made decisions and throws that the other two couldn’t.

Comment

Big Sexy isn't wrong often.

Comment

Big Sexy isn't wrong often.
                      I agree so its possible he was given inaccurate info.

Also, his signature flavor wings from Big Shot Bobs are pretty great if you can get near one of their locations (although they're franchised and quality varies greatly).

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I agree so its possible he was given inaccurate info.

Also, his signature flavor wings from Big Shot Bobs are pretty great if you can get near one of their locations (although they're franchised and quality varies greatly).
                        His contract is ironclad.

Regarding the Yinzers, it is a sticky situation. Had he went back to Pickett, the black and gold nation would have made IUP fans look mild. You have to ride the hot hand. KP has largely been awful.

That team just looks and feels different with Mason. Looks like they came back to life. Not a good sign for KP's future. It certainly gives the vibe his teammates weren't going to war with him.

Comment

• The Jets have signed former Edinboro OL Vitaliy Gurman to their practice squad.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/transact...ice-squad-spot

Comment

I think the real story is somewhere in the middle. I venture to guess that Tomlin told Pickett he wasn't going to start and I bet Kenny got the boo boo face because of it. I think the two probably had a disagreement over his game status (after being cleared) which Tomlin ultimately had the final say on, and as "punishment," he told Pickett he wasn't dressing.

Which, if true, is interesting considering that he would bench a guy for poor play, but not for quitting on a play and saying he quit because he didn't want to get hurt.

Comment

• Ok....the Stillers issues are basically non news. They are stuck in the 9-8 mud. It's a stale franchise with stale ownership and a stale coach. The franchise needs an enema.

The real crisis in Pennsylvania is the Iggles. We should be 14-2 going into the last week and the top seed and somehow they choked it all away and they have too much talent to be this bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                                Ok....the Stillers issues are basically non news. They are stuck in the 9-8 mud. It's a stale franchise with stale ownership and a stale coach. The franchise needs an enema.

The real crisis in Pennsylvania is the Iggles. We should be 14-2 going into the last week and the top seed and somehow they choked it all away and they have too much talent to be this bad.
                                That's what they get for hiring a former IUP coach.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X