Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First, he's wearing a Pickett jersey so he's not a yinzer. Real yinzers have an Eric Pegram or Bam Morris jersey. This is why I'll never take my kids (or my wife) to an NFL game unless its in a luxury box. Nosebleeds at Heinz Field are $149 after tax & fees. NFW. And people question why I attend D2 college football games.

Comment

Comment

Irving Charles is on Monday night football right now on ESPN. Former IUP Star WR.

Comment

Cowboys dealt a big blow losing their all -pro and starting LT Tyron Smith for probably 3/4 season due to him tearing his hamstring. One good thing is they did draft a tackle early this year and they also play in warm climate cities in December so if he returns say mid December no playing in brutal cold in Minnesota or Green Bay.

Dallas Cowboys' Tyron Smith facing surgery for torn hamstring, possible December return, sources say (espn.com)

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
            Cowboys dealt a big blow losing their all -pro and starting LT Tyron Smith for probably 3/4 season due to him tearing his hamstring. One good thing is they did draft a tackle early this year and they also play in warm climate cities in December so if he returns say mid December no playing in brutal cold in Minnesota or Green Bay.

Dallas Cowboys' Tyron Smith facing surgery for torn hamstring, possible December return, sources say (espn.com)
            Possible he hangs 'em up at this point? Guy gets hurt every year.

Comment

Damn. Chiefs have waived OL Vitaliy Gurman, who played 4 seasons at Edinboro. He'll most likely get signed to the practice squad.

Doesn't look good for Charles, either.

Comment

Not, NFL but pro...

Former Edinboro QB Trevor Harris is still playing pretty well in the CFL. He is expected to sign with Saskatchewan next week. Starting QBs in the CFL make $400-700k Canadian. Saskatchewan's GM is former Edinboro All-American Jeremy O'Day. Last season Harris threw for over 4,000 yards, 20 TD and 12 INT. Pretty good for a 36 year old QB.

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/trevor-harris...ency-1.1915871

Comment

Raiders canned McDaniels.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    Raiders canned McDaniels.
                    Just another guy made to look way better than he really was by Tom Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Just another guy made to look way better than he really was by Tom Brady.
                      Yeah ... old Bill doesn't look quite the genius any more without his golden boy.

​​​​

Comment

Matt Canada has been let go by the Pittsburgh Steelers. It’s a bad year for offensive coordinators in the Commonwealth.

I think I’m in the minority based on the number of people calling for Canada’s head, but I think the Steelers have more of a Kenny Pickett problem than a Matt Canada problem. If someone gave me the choice right now between Pickett or Tyson Bagent, I wouldn’t hesitate to make that switch. It’s getting old hearing about Pickett’s toughness and competitiveness. He hasn’t shown an ability to make NFL throws and I believe that’s largely why the Steelers’ offense has been more horizontal than vertical.

Don’t mistake this as me saying they should have kept Canada, but I believe strongly that the issue is bigger than him.

Comment

Seems like the Steelers offense has been struggling since the Todd Haley dink and dunk days. Defense (particularly TJ Watt) is keeping them in games. But you're also right that Pickett does not seem to be playing like he did in college. His completion percentage is almost the same. Part of me is starting to wonder if playbooks are getting too complex for a lot of QBs. We see so many thrive in college (most in air raid style offenses) but have trouble producing.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                            Matt Canada has been let go by the Pittsburgh Steelers. It’s a bad year for offensive coordinators in the Commonwealth.

I think I’m in the minority based on the number of people calling for Canada’s head, but I think the Steelers have more of a Kenny Pickett problem than a Matt Canada problem. If someone gave me the choice right now between Pickett or Tyson Bagent, I wouldn’t hesitate to make that switch. It’s getting old hearing about Pickett’s toughness and competitiveness. He hasn’t shown an ability to make NFL throws and I believe that’s largely why the Steelers’ offense has been more horizontal than vertical.

Don’t mistake this as me saying they should have kept Canada, but I believe strongly that the issue is bigger than him.
                            Double M called him the worst QB in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I would agree with that sentiment. Matt Canada never should have been promoted to OC and certainly never should have been retained after last season. But I don’t think Kenny is good at all. And as a Pitt fan, I really wanted him to be.

But Yinzer Nation got their wish. I don’t think much is gonna change by just promoting a couple current staffers mid season. It’ll be interesting to see if Tomlin actually looks for a new OC in the offseason and dares to go outside the current staff. I don’t see him giving up on Kenny no matter how this season finishes so they’d better give him the best OC they can find for his make or break 2024 season.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Double M called him the worst QB in the NFL
                                They reached big time. He was supposedly the best QB in a historically bad QB draft class. It’s hilarious that the actual best QB in that class was the final pick of the entire draft.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X