Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Of those players only Martin and Lockhart were significant contributors. Both will be missed, Martin the most by far. Malik Langley, transfer from BLOOM already replaces Lockhart's stats and may be the reason DL entered the TP. Taylor was an effective, but unspectacular, KR whose chances will be given to another WR.
    It's never fun seeing players, especially elite ones like Martin, leave, but it happens every year. The introduction of the TP and the omnipresent social media make it much more visible. Time will tell what effects these moves will have. A more significant challenge is flipping from a truly cushy schedule, which probably kept the 9-1 VULCANS out of the post-season, to a brutally tough one that adds road games @ KUTZ and @SHEP to home visits from IUP and SRU. No matter who is on the roster, better than 2-2 in those games seems unlikely.
    Shep and Kutz will be tough games but neither appears to be anywhere near the level they reached last year. Both were gutted by upperclassmen losses ... like 35+ losses each of seniors and grad students. Both were really old teams last year.

I'm sure Bagent alone will help attract some impact transfers. Kutz may be in a pretty big rebuild year.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Shep and Kutz will be tough games but neither appears to be anywhere near the level they reached last year. Both were gutted by upperclassmen losses ... like 35+ losses each of seniors and grad students. Both were really old teams last year.

I'm sure Bagent alone will help attract some impact transfers. Kutz may be in a pretty big rebuild year.
      Happy to hear that but compared to LHU and MILL at home in '21, well.... actually there is no comparison. I'll be happy with 2-2 and thrilled with 3-1.

Comment

Happy to hear that but compared to LHU and MILL at home in '21, well.... actually there is no comparison. I'll be happy with 2-2 and thrilled with 3-1.
        IUP had that foursome last year.

Should have went 3-1. Went 2-2.

Something about punt protection ....

Comment

IUP had that foursome last year.

Should have went 3-1. Went 2-2.

Something about punt protection ....
          Don't get me started IUPbigINDIANS .......

Comment

Of those players only Martin and Lockhart were significant contributors. Both will be missed, Martin the most by far. Malik Langley, transfer from BLOOM already replaces Lockhart's stats and may be the reason DL entered the TP. Taylor was an effective, but unspectacular, KR whose chances will be given to another WR.
            It's never fun seeing players, especially elite ones like Martin, leave, but it happens every year. The introduction of the TP and the omnipresent social media make it much more visible. Time will tell what effects these moves will have. A more significant challenge is flipping from a truly cushy schedule, which probably kept the 9-1 VULCANS out of the post-season, to a brutally tough one that adds road games @ KUTZ and @SHEP to home visits from IUP and SRU. No matter who is on the roster, better than 2-2 in those games seems unlikely.

Comment

• The only Solomon I found was FR Dominic Solomon Jr DB with 18 T, 1.5 SCKS, 1 FR and 7 BRK so it seems not. Turns out you are correct he was 2nd team PSAC WEST but with those stats I don't see it and am not worried.

Comment

Possibly as spring practice approaches the borderline players recognize their status is less than they expected. Why a top tier player like JM makes the move I can't imagine unless something personal has happened that we'll never know.

Comment

I would be careful looking at a roster and just assuming Grad students and Seniors are gone. With the COVID year, it's more difficult than ever to determine who moved on and who didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pine Ridge View Post

I would be careful looking at a roster and just assuming Grad students and Seniors are gone. With the COVID year, it's more difficult than ever to determine who moved on and who didn't.
                    Agreed. However it was stated for both in the playoffs and postseason articles that they were going to each have mass losses to graduation and eligibility expirations.

Comment

The only Solomon I found was FR Dominic Solomon Jr DB with 18 T, 1.5 SCKS, 1 FR and 7 BRK so it seems not. Turns out you are correct he was 2nd team PSAC WEST but with those stats I don't see it and am not worried.
                      He has three years' eligibility. Those stats are pretty great for a freshman. Send him up to Indiana.

Comment

He has three years' eligibility. Those stats are pretty great for a freshman. Send him up to Indiana.
                        Make him an offer before SRU does. Maybe one of your Valley boys can make the pitch.

Comment

Possibly as spring practice approaches the borderline players recognize their status is less than they expected. Why a top tier player like JM makes the move I can't imagine unless something personal has happened that we'll never know.

Comment

• elei
                            Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He was recruited heavily by Tort from Clairton and landed at Cal by way of coach Larry Wilson, I believe u can put two and two together..just sayin..

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
                              elei

He was recruited heavily by Tort from Clairton and landed at Cal by way of coach Larry Wilson, I believe u can put two and two together..just sayin..
                              Perfect

Comment

• Was told that ESU has a transfer LB from Duquesne coming this Fall. Jahan Worth, who played HS ball at Parkland. He was a two-time First Team ALL-NEC player. He has 2 years of eligibility left.
                                Last edited by WarriorVoice; 03-30-2022, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X