Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

1) Probably overlooked given his hometown. Not sure who offered him in HS - he doesn't have those offers posted online.

2) Schools like Clarion can get guys like him but they usually have to overpay. But there are times that they are a genuine match.
    The Rock's big gets that offseason were Sweeting and Sheets. Both big playmakers. Only so much money to go around.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

You have the power to delete?
      Nope, just "edit", erase and enter "deleted" which only hides the original dumb $#@& !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

What schools is he looking at?
        I heard from a friend of the family that 20+ schools have already reached out to him. Not sure if there are offers involved or not

Comment

• Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post

I heard from a friend of the family that 20+ schools have already reached out to him. Not sure if there are offers involved or not
          Since at least two PSAC schools have made offers, objectively with coaching, over all program and a skilled JR QB as important criteria which of the top 8 programs will give him a chance to shine in the next two years??

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Since at least two PSAC schools have made offers, objectively with coaching, over all program and a skilled JR QB as important criteria which of the top 8 programs will give him a chance to shine in the next two years??
            Which two PSAC schools have offered him, and don't tell me you have to edit or delete.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/tiaryoung4/statu...521904135?s=21

Comment

Well, I can't imagine Shepherd, SRU or Cal will offer him. They are set at QB. With that much interest he'll likely command a full ride (or very close). Ship and West Chester seem set at QB next year, too. Nor, of course, would he target a school with an entrenched QB in place.

Of the teams remaining -- in the market and with funds -- IUP or Kutztown seems like the perfect fit. Assuming of course it is a PSAC destination.

But, we have no idea if either are even interested in him. IUP seems to have a clamoring for D1 imports at the position.

Comment

• I feel this Transfer portal has gone too far!!! Players have always transferred and I get it, but kids want to jump ship to quickly and move on to other programs. At the D2 level it should be education 1st and then athletics. MOST WILL NOT END UP IN PROS!! Now cases are different, you leave for school that has your major, move closer to home, but too many have Unrealistic Expectstions. Hey Good luck to all though!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Futurelooksbright View Post
                    I feel this Transfer portal has gone too far!!! Players have always transferred and I get it, but kids want to jump ship to quickly and move on to other programs. At the D2 level it should be education 1st and then athletics. MOST WILL NOT END UP IN PROS!! Now cases are different, you leave for school that has your major, move closer to home, but too many have Unrealistic Expectstions. Hey Good luck to all though!!!
                    It is the new norm. And, about 99.5% aren't playing past their last D2 game.

The rich will steal from the poor ... basically making the bottom half of the PSAC a minor league system of sorts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

Which two PSAC schools have offered him, and don't tell me you have to edit or delete.
                      @QZinobile showed thank you tweets to SRU on 11/19 and CAL U on 11/21 Also for the record DUQUESNE on 11/10 and TOLEDO on 11/3

Comment

• Couldn't thank the Marauder family enough for the opportunity, tough decision, but, ................ yada, yada, yada, yada, yada, anyway, the Marauders just want to thank Sean Scott and Dondre Gilliam, NFLers from the 90s for staying and playing for the Black and Gold. Almost forgot, and Jamal Smith, Saskatchewan Roughrider CFL signee, stayed and played. Systems are different at different schools, so there's no guarantee for these guys that they will fit at the next stop. Time will tell. The Marauder System is the Ship System from the Yurcich tree. Jahan Dotson loving him some Yurcich tree.

Comment

• ??????

Comment

@QZinobile showed thank you tweets to SRU on 11/19 and CAL U on 11/21 Also for the record DUQUESNE on 11/10 and TOLEDO on 11/3
                            The poster you replied to was talking about (former) Bloom QB Lieby.

Comment

• I agree with Cavalier, if we are talking about programs, West Chester has put people in pros, ESU has, Ship has, Ville has, and Bloomsburg stud olinemem just last night was awesome for the Chargers. In the end very few will go pro, but most d2 guys fall through the cracks and are so happy anyone takes a chance on them and are so happy in March of their Senior Year in High School but then State I'm leaving after discussing with my family. Show some loyalty!! Like I said though, Best of Luck

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Over the years Clarion has found many guys just like Zinobile. The big schools can't sign everybody. And, some kids just develop late and keep growing. What many of us suspect will be the new norm is exactly what he is doing ... build up the resume at a smaller program and then bail after 1-2 years. He's turned in to a beast - size, talent, etc., -- and now has a bidding war going on for his services. I didn't love the fact he didn't finish the season and left with 3 or 4 games to go -- but, I don't know the whole story. He surely wasn't the only one there to leave early this year. And, obviously, the new coaches offering him don't seem to mind. He's a big target at 6'4" and 210 lbs.

This past season he played in (6) games and had 29 receptions for 494 yards (17 avg) and 6 TDs.

In 2019 (freshman year) he had 51 receptions for 686 yards (13.5 avg) and 4 TDs

Clarion also has another interesting WR in Terrell Ford (6'1", 195 lbs). He would only have (1) year left if he also leaves.

If those guys stay in D2 they will obviously land at a top program (with likely a top-level QB).
                                Seton Hill 2018 skill players. Pretty good group

Terrell Ford number 2 WR behind Brown
                                Cinque Sweeting was the leading rusher
                                Ardell Brown WR who ended up at UCONN

Also, a reminder why PSAC teams shouldnt overlook western NY. Ford and Brown are from there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X