Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post

Why didn't Zinobile go to Cal or SRU out of high school? Did they recruit him??? Was he the No. 1 guy at Clarion? What will he be at CAL/SRU? 1? 2? 3? 4?
    1) Probably overlooked given his hometown. Not sure who offered him in HS - he doesn't have those offers posted online.

2) Schools like Clarion can get guys like him but they usually have to overpay. But there are times that they are a genuine match.

Comment

I know nothing about offering student athletes looking to transfer the opportunity to move to another school during the season so I thought I would ask --- are schools actually able to offer/reach out to that individual while the/their season is still going on? It just seems like it would be discouraging for those players that are underclassmen and you're hearing/seeing your school reach out to another individual while you're still playing. Shepherd is losing a ton of WRs and I'm sure will be looking as well, but it just seems like that would be done once the entire season is over.

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post
        I know nothing about offering student athletes looking to transfer the opportunity to move to another school during the season so I thought I would ask --- are schools actually able to offer/reach out to that individual while the/their season is still going on? It just seems like it would be discouraging for those players that are underclassmen and you're hearing/seeing your school reach out to another individual while you're still playing. Shepherd is losing a ton of WRs and I'm sure will be looking as well, but it just seems like that would be done once the entire season is over.
        Only if that player has already been approved to enter the NCAA transfer portal. Its rare to see players enter the portal during the season. Technically Zinobile quit on his team and you have to think that works against him to some degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post

Why didn't Zinobile go to Cal or SRU out of high school? Did they recruit him??? Was he the No. 1 guy at Clarion? What will he be at CAL/SRU? 1? 2? 3? 4?

Over the years Clarion has found many guys just like Zinobile. The big schools can't sign everybody. And, some kids just develop late and keep growing. What many of us suspect will be the new norm is exactly what he is doing ... build up the resume at a smaller program and then bail after 1-2 years. He's turned in to a beast - size, talent, etc., -- and now has a bidding war going on for his services. I didn't love the fact he didn't finish the season and left with 3 or 4 games to go -- but, I don't know the whole story. He surely wasn't the only one there to leave early this year. And, obviously, the new coaches offering him don't seem to mind. He's a big target at 6'4" and 210 lbs.

This past season he played in (6) games and had 29 receptions for 494 yards (17 avg) and 6 TDs.

In 2019 (freshman year) he had 51 receptions for 686 yards (13.5 avg) and 4 TDs

Clarion also has another interesting WR in Terrell Ford (6'1", 195 lbs). He would only have (1) year left if he also leaves.

If those guys stay in D2 they will obviously land at a top program (with likely a top-level QB).

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Only if that player has already been approved to enter the NCAA transfer portal. Its rare to see players enter the portal during the season. Technically Zinobile quit on his team and you have to think that works against him to some degree.
            I just mentioned that but I'm not sure it's working against him much. Cal, Duquesne and Slippery Rock have all offered. He's visited several MAC programs, too. Yes, he did bail early, but apparently these new programs don't care. I'd assume most realize what was happening at Clarion this year and are obviously willing to overlook it.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Over the years Clarion has found many guys just like Zinobile. The big schools can't sign everybody. And, some kids just develop late and keep growing. What many of us suspect will be the new norm is exactly what he is doing ... build up the resume at a smaller program and then bail after 1-2 years. He's turned in to a beast - size, talent, etc., -- and now has a bidding war going on for his services. I didn't love the fact he didn't finish the season and left with 3 or 4 games to go -- but, I don't know the whole story. He surely wasn't the only one there to leave early this year. And, obviously, the new coaches offering him don't seem to mind. He's a big target at 6'4" and 210 lbs.

This past season he played in (6) games and had 29 receptions for 494 yards (17 avg) and 6 TDs.

In 2019 (freshman year) he had 51 receptions for 686 yards (13.5 avg) and 4 TDs

Clarion also has another interesting WR in Terrell Ford (6'1", 195 lbs). He would only have (1) year left if he also leaves.

If those guys stay in D2 they will obviously land at a top program (with likely a top-level QB).

Comment

I just mentioned that but I'm not sure it's working against him much. Cal, Duquesne and Slippery Rock have all offered. He's visited several MAC programs, too. Yes, he did bail early, but apparently these new programs don't care. I'd assume most realize what was happening at Clarion this year and are obviously willing to overlook it.
                As much as football programs like to push the idea that their roster is a brotherhood, it really surprises me he's getting a pass.

Comment

The only reason his apparent "bailing" might figure in a decision to sign him would be some worry about "me first" vs "team first" attitude. Don't know him can't presume but suiting up and going down with a stiff Achilles might look better. Whatever CAL's recruiters may say, trying to break into the tight knit group of SR QB MITCHELL throwing to SR TARRANT, SR LOCKHART and JR JACKSON will, IMO, be a waste of time.

Comment

I didn't love the fact he didn't finish the season and left with 3 or 4 games to go -- but, I don't know the whole story.
                    Yes, he did bail early, but apparently these new programs don't care.
                    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                    The only reason his apparent "bailing" might figure in a decision to sign him would be some worry about "me first" vs "team first" attitude.
                    See Iupgh's answer above.
                    http://www.indianagazette.com
                    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

See Iupgh's answer above.
                      Deleted...
                      Last edited by CALUPA69; 11-22-2021, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

There actually is a lot of confusion about this player. On his Clarion roster spot, now deleted, he went to JUNIATA VALLEY HS which is about 130 miles east of Clairton. The other thing that confuses me is he claims to have 3 yrs of eligibility left but competed in 11/11games in '19 and 6/10 in '21. I know the rules are arcane, but how does playing 6 games this year simply disappear from his stats.
                        1. What's confusing about his high school?
                        2. His twitter announcement says he has 2 years of eligibility.
                        http://www.indianagazette.com
                        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

There actually is a lot of confusion about this player. On his Clarion roster spot, now deleted, he went to JUNIATA VALLEY HS which is about 130 miles east of Clairton. The other thing that confuses me is he claims to have 3 yrs of eligibility left but competed in 11/11games in '19 and 6/10 in '21. I know the rules are arcane, but how does playing 6 games this year simply disappear from his stats.
                          Please disregard the question about QZ eligibility which is two years. I misread a retweet from @QZinoble as his own portal application. But where did Clairton come from ?
                          I don't see anyone saying Clairton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

1. What's confusing about his high school?
                            2. His twitter announcement says he has 2 years of eligibility.
                            No need to answer all stupid comments have been deleted !!

Comment

• Originally posted by BloomFan0102 View Post

Heard from a couple individuals at Bloomsburg, that QB Leiby is going to get his masters elsewhere and hitting the portal. Big loss for the huskies. Still had 2 years of eligibility remaining
                              What schools is he looking at?

Comment

No need to answer all stupid comments have been deleted !!
                                You have the power to delete?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X