Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Shepherd has got a big senior/graduate class leaving. Rams are losing almost the entire Defense (3 on DL, both MLB, Both safeties and at least 1 or 2 corners that played). Might only have 2 returning starters next year for defense. Offense loses majority of the WR's but Beach is back. Running back should be fine. OL loses 2 or 3 as well. Going to be an interesting offseason as new players will need to step up.
    I believe we have 4-5 that came from other PSAC teams and made an impact this year --- With cross-over games 'not' against IUP and SR -- I'd welcome a few of their top tier players that want to jump state lines.

Comment

Shepherd has got a big senior/graduate class leaving. Rams are losing almost the entire Defense (3 on DL, both MLB, Both safeties and at least 1 or 2 corners that played). Might only have 2 returning starters next year for defense. Offense loses majority of the WR's but Beach is back. Running back should be fine. OL loses 2 or 3 as well. Going to be an interesting offseason as new players will need to step up.
      I thought one of the big reasons in addition to Bagent why Shepherd stood out this year was in their relatively experienced lineup compared to a lot of newcomers on other PSAC teams. I believe Ship only had two guys with senior eligibility (Tinner and Paul) starting on defense (lost Chaney to Shepherd) at the start of the season, and there were a lot of freshmen in the secondary over the course of the year. Ship did benefit from transfers on offense with Evans and Morrill being the two most obvious examples. Several of the teams we played had freshmen at multiple positions, including QB. I think the overall quality of the league should pick up over the next couple of seasons if some of these teams are able to keep the young players on their rosters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I thought one of the big reasons in addition to Bagent why Shepherd stood out this year was in their relatively experienced lineup compared to a lot of newcomers on other PSAC teams. I believe Ship only had two guys with senior eligibility (Tinner and Paul) starting on defense (lost Chaney to Shepherd) at the start of the season, and there were a lot of freshmen in the secondary over the course of the year. Ship did benefit from transfers on offense with Evans and Morrill being the two most obvious examples. Several of the teams we played had freshmen at multiple positions, including QB. I think the overall quality of the league should pick up over the next couple of seasons if some of these teams are able to keep the young players on their rosters.
        I think Ship retains their kicker as while he did show great leg strength he wasn't as consistent on FG's as he could be therefore he'll probably stick around for another year or two before trying his luck via the portal. Ship should be able to ride this momentum into next season and we benefit from having a strong crossover schedule with hopefully an improved Seton Hill, IUP and Gannon (if we aren't in the title game) on deck. The WVSU game should help SOS as well if they stay above .500. 9-2 considering most had them going 6-5 or 7-4 tops is great. We got smoked by Shepherd and Kutztown shut our offense out so we owe both of those teams. We broke our streak against WCU this year hopefully we break our home losing streak to IUP since we got our win on the road a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

I think Ship retains their kicker as while he did show great leg strength he wasn't as consistent on FG's as he could be therefore he'll probably stick around for another year or two before trying his luck via the portal. Ship should be able to ride this momentum into next season and we benefit from having a strong crossover schedule with hopefully an improved Seton Hill, IUP and Gannon (if we aren't in the title game) on deck. The WVSU game should help SOS as well if they stay above .500. 9-2 considering most had them going 6-5 or 7-4 tops is great. We got smoked by Shepherd and Kutztown shut our offense out so we owe both of those teams. We broke our streak against WCU this year hopefully we break our home losing streak to IUP since we got our win on the road a few years back.
          Good year, but we'll need an improved running game and more consistency on defense to challenge the big boys. We have to replace a couple of good receivers.

Comment

Lets hope so.....

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Lets hope so.....

Comment

I believe he is in the right situation for his college career. I just hope he realizes it as well.

Comment

Not transfers, but coaching openings:

Quincy (GLVC) and Concord (MEC) are looking for defensive coordinators.

Comment

Bloom just lost their top WR to the portal as Fr. WR Malik Langley has entered the portal. Put up 635 receiving yards & 6 TDs so there will be a market for him at the D2 or possibly even FCS level.

https://twitter.com/_Malik2xx/status...857648128?s=20

Comment

Bloom just lost their top WR to the portal as Fr. WR Malik Langley has entered the portal. Put up 635 receiving yards & 6 TDs so there will be a market for him at the D2 or possibly even FCS level.

Malik- Have you ever visited the eastern panhandle of West Virginia?

Comment

I wonder if it will be mass exodus for Bloom players. this was a rough season and very uncharacteristic of Bloom to suffer through a 3 win season. With the QB entering the portal I imagine that influenced Malik's decision somewhat.

Comment

Should we start a pool? Which player actually transfers?? Date and new destination perhaps??

Comment

I wonder if it will be mass exodus for Bloom players. this was a rough season and very uncharacteristic of Bloom to suffer through a 3 win season. With the QB entering the portal I imagine that influenced Malik's decision somewhat.
                            If you believe the Bloom thread ... it sounds like a mass exodus is upon the Huskies.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If you believe the Bloom thread ... it sounds like a mass exodus is upon the Huskies.
                              Sounds like the Bloom fans on here were correct to sound the alarm when Sheptock was hired.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Sounds like the Bloom fans on here were correct to sound the alarm when Sheptock was hired.
                                This is just the beginning!!!!! They lose Leiby, Pellegrino, and now Langly, 3 top teir players. WOW!!!!
                                Last edited by Footballfanofall; 11-16-2021, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X