Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To most guys transferring theyre not thinking about going pro. It's about having the best college career you can have. You only get one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futurelooksbright View Post
      I feel this Transfer portal has gone too far!!! Players have always transferred and I get it, but kids want to jump ship to quickly and move on to other programs. At the D2 level it should be education 1st and then athletics. MOST WILL NOT END UP IN PROS!! Now cases are different, you leave for school that has your major, move closer to home, but too many have Unrealistic Expectstions. Hey Good luck to all though!!!
      I have heard far too many players, when asked what they will do after graduation, say they are going to keep playing football for as long as possible, and later get a job in business or something. Many definitely have unrealistic expectations, especially transfers. Some transfer to 3 or 4 schools chasing a pipe dream; that is not a college experience.

We do live in a restless country where people easily divorce, and leave a job because they don't get the promotion they think they deserve or for a few more bucks. I remember when families lived in the same zip code. As Carole King said "doesn't anyone stay in one place anymore".

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The poster you replied to was talking about (former) Bloom QB Lieby.
        Sorry, you're way too quick for me !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

As Carole King said "doesn't anyone stay in one place anymore".
          Or. as Lynyrd Skynyrd said " You sure got that right."

Isn't it all about rights? I like having individual rights as much as anyone but it does raise the issue that this singular focus on individual's rights can have the effect of breaking down, institutions, systems, etc. that you would associate with the collective good. In this case is it good for college football? Is it good for the teams? Is it even good for the players themselves?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Or. as Lynyrd Skynyrd said " You sure got that right."

Isn't it all about rights? I like having individual rights as much as anyone but it does raise the issue that this singular focus on individual's rights can have the effect of breaking down, institutions, systems, etc. that you would associate with the collective good. In this case is it good for college football? Is it good for the teams? Is it even good for the players themselves?
            My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

It comes down to being a team player or individual player. Most posters have loyalty to a team, but where does loyalty go when someone jumps teams. Do we follow players or teams?

Comment

My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

It comes down to being a team player or individual player. Most posters have loyalty to a team, but where does loyalty go when someone jumps teams. Do we follow players or teams?
              Come on. Crap works both ways. Coaches jump ship as much as players do.

Comment

He graduated and is doing it the right way. Bloom stinks, and he wants to finish his football career with a winner (assumption on my part on the "winner"). The quitters in mid season, I personally would want no part of. That's a red flag all the way, and I don't really see many valid excuses for why someone would openly quit on their team mid season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

He graduated and is doing it the right way. Bloom stinks, and he wants to finish his football career with a winner (assumption on my part on the "winner"). The quitters in mid season, I personally would want no part of. That's a red flag all the way, and I don't really see many valid excuses for why someone would openly quit on their team mid season.
                  I agree with this 100%. Leiby did his time, and is now looking to be a winner. Believe he was had 41 wins as a starting QB in HS. All around winner and hopefully goes to a winning program.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                    To most guys transferring theyre not thinking about going pro. It's about having the best college career you can have. You only get one.
                    I agree - My son came to me after his first year and said he wanted to transfer to another school - my mind went straight to money and school credits. He was getting a partial scholarship with an opportunity to expand on that the next year and he had already taken a boatload of classes that I thought wouldn't transfer with him. He came out of H.S being the '****' in our area and was use to playing all the time and not having to sit and wait his turn. I asked him where he wanted to go - he mentioned several D2 schools (he was at D1) and it took me by surprise - He said he knows he will never play in the pros and that he wants to enjoy 'playing' college football and getting an education - all about having a great experience. I was totally on-board and so glad he choose Shepherd :)

Comment

• Another interesting coaching vacancy - Lafayette is now open. Do they speak to Jim Clements?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        Another interesting coaching vacancy - Lafayette is now open. Do they speak to Jim Clements?
                        Speaking of coaching vacancies ... you'd think last week would have been the week for any PSAC teams making a HC change. I haven't seen any. Not to say it still won't happen ...

Comment

Speaking of coaching vacancies ... you'd think last week would have been the week for any PSAC teams making a HC change. I haven't seen any. Not to say it still won't happen ...
                          My understanding is that its standard practice to have a season-end meeting with the AD to review and discuss. That meeting usually heavily influences the decision moving forward or if one is made the coach learns then. Its possible that some haven't happened yet.

Comment

Ahh...Transfer players...the mersonaries of college football! Can't break into the starting line-up at your current school? Don't try harder or become a great back-up, just transfer to another school were you think you have a better chance of playing! You play for a bad team? Forget about practicing harder and becoming better...Just transfer to a team that you think will be better than the one you chose.

Are there acceptable reasons for transfering? Sure. But because you can't break into the starting line-up OR because your team is just too bad for your liking are NOT good reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Ahh...Transfer players...the mersonaries of college football! Can't break into the starting line-up at your current school? Don't try harder or become a great back-up, just transfer to another school were you think you have a better chance of playing! You play for a bad team? Forget about practicing harder and becoming better...Just transfer to a team that you think will be better than the one you chose.

Are there acceptable reasons for transfering? Sure. But because you can't break into the starting line-up OR because your team is just too bad for your liking are NOT good reasons.

But, when you see one football program having 10+ leaving in a single off-season ... it might not be on the players as to why they are all leaving.

Sometimes the culture provided by the staff just sucks and players can't wait to get the hell out of town.

Comment

But, when you see one football program having 10+ leaving in a single off-season ... it might not be on the players as to why they are all leaving.

Sometimes the culture provided by the staff just sucks and players can't wait to get the hell out of town.
                                Quitting is contagious sometimes. I would doubt that these notional 10 players were the epitome of work-hard, listen to your coaches, team-work guys (particularly as the season went along). We'll probably never know, but probably a good chance that these 10 players were pretty good friends and would get together off the field and commiserate about how the program sucked, how the coaches were treating them unfairly and how each of them could fix the problem if the coaches just made them starters. The first guy transfers and the others follow like dominos.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X