Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

If he ditched Crimson Express, what are they playing?
    Hail IUP.

Comment

• Duane looks OK

NEVER SHOULD HAVE PLAYED A F-ING DOWN AFTER HALFTIME

THAT IS SO F-ING IRRITATING

Comment

• IUP wins the PSAC West and will host the Shep hillbillies next weekend in Indiana. IUP vs Shep Hillbillies for the PSAC Championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post
          IUP wins the PSAC West and will host the Shep hillbillies next weekend in Indiana. IUP vs Shep Hillbillies for the PSAC Championship.
          Yep ... The DC suburb hillbillies. Don't make me school you on how the PSAC tie breakers work again.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Duane looks OK

NEVER SHOULD HAVE PLAYED A F-ING DOWN AFTER HALFTIME

THAT IS SO F-ING IRRITATING
            So f-in dumb! Fire Tort!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

So f-in dumb! Fire Tort!
              Mind-boggling is what it is. He's pounding a JV team up 31-0 right before the State Game. That whole stadium went quiet.

Good news is he wasn't on crutches or anything and appeared to be moving mostly fine.

Comment

• Great to see WR Terry Mumford get a TD on Senior Day. He's been here a long time and has made a living doing the dirty work on special teams.

Certainly a guy who could have left and played more offense somewhere else.

Comment

• The announced gate today was 5,927 ... and that was probably a light count.

Comment

The announced gate today was 5,927 ... and that was probably a light count.
                    It looked full. They need to count the people sitting on the outside of the prison fence too! I saw a few on the web cast!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It looked full. They need to count the people sitting on the outside of the prison fence too! I saw a few on the web cast!
                      Band Day was a huge hit. Big turnout.

Halftime was great. They had like 400 former band members join the current band and play Crocodile Rock. It was really good.

Comment

Halftime was great. They had like 400 former band members join the current band and play Crocodile Rock. It was really good.
                        I’m really hoping the new director does good things. Casavant was there too. He was interviewed on the broadcast. He built it..hopefully the new guy looks at the fantastic things he did in the 80’s and 90’s when IUP DID have the best band and get new ideas for today. The last guy slowly ruined it.

Hoping that Cherokee somehow finds its way home but just grateful that Crimson Abomination got the Lizzie Borden treatment.

Comment

• The Shepherd at IUP game will kickoff at 3 p.m.

Comment

That was one of the more incredible things I’ve seen in The Mill. It was something to behold, and being along for the ride in 1993 the song choice brought back a lot of memories. On top of that, what an incredible crowd for a game against doormat Clarion. Both sides were packed. Something like that next week would be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

That was one of the more incredible things I’ve seen in The Mill. It was something to behold, and being along for the ride in 1993 the song choice brought back a lot of memories. On top of that, what an incredible crowd for a game against doormat Clarion. Both sides were packed. Something like that next week would be great.
                              I've read a lot about "The Fly" offense so I was interested to see it live.

Clarion just doesn't have the personel to run it effectively right now. IUP's DL just destroyed Clarion up front all day and prevented any rythem -- and that is definitely a rythem system.

Not sure if I'd call it a gadget offense but it's close. It's like four different schemes wrapped in to one -- but when you get past all the motion and mis-direction, they actually run essentially the same 5 plays all day. They look different with all the variations in the motion, etc., but it's basically 5-6 basic plays.

It would be interesting to see a team like IUP run it.

Comment

I've read a lot about "The Fly" offense so I was interested to see it live.

Clarion just doesn't have the personel to run it effectively right now. IUP's DL just destroyed Clarion up front all day and prevented any rythem -- and that is definitely a rythem system.

Not sure if I'd call it a gadget offense but it's close. It's like four different schemes wrapped in to one -- but when you get past all the motion and mis-direction, they actually run essentially the same 5 plays all day. They look different with all the variations in the motion, etc., but it's basically 5-6 basic plays.

It would be interesting to see a team like IUP run it.
                                Thing is, it’s an offense designed for teams with lesser talent to be able to compete. It’s based on deception, lots of motion, etc. Clarion’s talent is so poor though that against teams like IUP they have no chance to get going. They had some success against teams they could hold their own with up front, but today was a complete mismatch. I doubt Clarion has three guys that would see significant time on one of the top teams in the West. If you’re really bored you can go check out their game against Seton Hill where the offense looked much more like it’s designed. Today was just a complete disaster for them.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X