Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
    Cal should of beaten Shepherd awful OT call on pass inside 5 was killer. Watched the second half and OT Cal was the better team that day. Shepherd very good but no way as good as last years team no way.
    The clown show of PSAC officiating is mind-boggling! It’s a truly shameful!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

IUP should have won the Cal game by 2 touchdowns. Worse officiating game I have seen in 40 years. I watched the Jail yard U Shep game and Cal should have won if it wasn’t for the clown show of PSAC Refs!
      It's always about refs for you. Then again, you are pretty much the laughing stock of this board, Sybil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

It's always about refs for you. Then again, you are pretty much the laughing stock of this board, Sybil.
        That’s the problem with you, you know I am right but your hillbilly ass can’t admit it! You see I would invite you to my tailgate when your boys are in town for the state game but, I won’t be serving natty light so you wouldn’t want to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
          Cal should of beaten Shepherd awful OT call on pass inside 5 was killer. Watched the second half and OT Cal was the better team that day. Shepherd very good but no way as good as last years team no way.
          Cal should have won the game, but if you watched the first half, Shepherd also should have put their foot down and gone up 20-0 and that would have changed everything as well. I disagree that Shepherd isn't as good as last year. Offensively I think you are right, but defensively they play together much better as a unit. The woes in the kicking game with snapping execution issues are gone, as we have the best long snapper in the region (transfer from Notre Dame). I wouldn't venture to say they are far and away the best team in the region, as I truly think any of the NDC, IUP, Shepherd, Rock/Kutz, Ashland teams could win the region this year. Shepherd has been the most consistent to date. Only real struggles have come in games that should be a struggle with good competition. They've put away the other teams rather quickly for the most part, which I believe is the sign of a pretty good team.

Comment

The clown show of PSAC officiating is mind-boggling! It’s a truly shameful!
            Everyone is dealing with the same officiating, it's bad, but it's bad everywhere at every level. Good teams deal with it and rise above. The refs did not take the game from IUP as others have stated.

Comment

• Actually, the official in question for the weekend worked the Gannon-Boro game too apparently. So, know we know how Gannon beat Edinboro. Obviously the commisioner hates boro from the gannon boro fights over the years....blah blah blah. JK.

Watch the Gannon-IUP game he threw one flag. It was on GANNON. Took a 15 yd run by Blanks that put Gannon into redzone off the board. It was a 15 yd crackback block. And it was a ticky tack call. I can see what it looked like live but it looked like on video the OL barely touched the IUP guy if not missed him entirely.

Also, if anyone wanted to screw IUP.. he was right there for the blocked FG recovery at the inch line with 3 minutes to go. Call a safety there and it goes from a 7 pt gannon lead and IUP ball to a 9 pt gannon lead and the ball back to gannon. Game over.

Gannon was seemingly called for way more penalties watching the game. Box score says 8 gannon to 7 for IUP but it seemed like much more for gannon. Maybe they were declined. I'd be curious to go through the play by play and count.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                Actually, the official in question for the weekend worked the Gannon-Boro game too apparently. So, know we know how Gannon beat Edinboro. Obviously the commisioner hates boro from the gannon boro fights over the years....blah blah blah. JK.

Watch the Gannon-IUP game he threw one flag. It was on GANNON. Took a 15 yd run by Blanks that put Gannon into redzone off the board. It was a 15 yd crackback block. And it was a ticky tack call. I can see what it looked like live but it looked like on video the OL barely touched the IUP guy if not missed him entirely.

Also, if anyone wanted to screw IUP.. he was right there for the blocked FG recovery at the inch line with 3 minutes to go. Call a safety there and it goes from a 7 pt gannon lead and IUP ball to a 9 pt gannon lead and the ball back to gannon. Game over.

Gannon was seemingly called for way more penalties watching the game. Box score says 8 gannon to 7 for IUP but it seemed like much more for gannon. Maybe they were declined. I'd be curious to go through the play by play and count.
                LOL I love this. I can't wait for the you don't know BALL response!

Comment

That’s the problem with you, you know I am right but your hillbilly ass can’t admit it! You see I would invite you to my tailgate when your boys are in town for the state game but, I won’t be serving natty light so you wouldn’t want to come.
                  Only straight up whiskey from my friend's distillery. Now, the adults are talking, Sybil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Bold of you to think that he can read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

FACT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They should be all over that kid.
                        The kid is a DII player in my opinion. He has good numbers and Indiana can make kids look better than they are so there’s that. I don’t see DI speed there. He’s a very good back, but not any better than the Robinson kid from Blairsville about 8 years ago. Very similar backs. Robinson ended up in DII. It didn’t help that he had a serious knee injury in his last high school game.

Comment

Actually, the official in question for the weekend worked the Gannon-Boro game too apparently. So, know we know how Gannon beat Edinboro. Obviously the commisioner hates boro from the gannon boro fights over the years....blah blah blah. JK.

You're talking serious ball there.

I'm sure from the GU perspective there were bad calls, too.

The main two I recall was the roughing the passer on IUP. It was a real late flag.

Gannon also got one catch ruled a catch that appeared to skip. The WR even acted like it skipped. Two big calls.

Hitting the punter ... Ray Charles saw that one.

I'm not a ref blamer. Gannon's QB is why IUP lost.

That said, I do think they win if not for hitting the punter.

Comment

Your insight is always detailed - love it.

I don't want to say IUP completely overlooked Gannon like a typical trap game but it does seem like they underestimated them. Its been well covered on here that Gannon's QB play has been excellent plus they have a two-headed RB monster. Blanks has been banged up this year (assuming from his disappearances) but the guy filling in has done just as well. They're also very well coached. Raeburn isn't some slouch. If I counted correctly, he's got the most head coach experience by far in the PSAC West.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You're talking serious ball there.

I'm sure from the GU perspective there were bad calls, too.

The main two I recall was the roughing the passer on IUP. It was a real late flag.

Gannon also got one catch ruled a catch that appeared to skip. The WR even acted like it skipped. Two big calls.

Hitting the punter ... Ray Charles saw that one.

I'm not a ref blamer. Gannon's QB is why IUP lost.

That said, I do think they win if not for hitting the punter.
                              There were 2 plays. The roughing the kicker and later recovering the blocked FG at the 1. What was he doing? Then after picking up the ball it looked like he backed into the endzone. To try to make it a touchback? I have no idea. The Gannon players were signaling for a Safety and it looked like it might be a Safety. IUP got the ball on the 1, Gannon picked off a pass and it was all over.

If somebody can shed some light on what happened on the blocked FG and why it happened I'd like to hear it.

No matter how you slice it it was a close game but those 2 plays killed IUP. IUP should have won. On the other hand, the tight game situation can make players make bad plays.

If there is a silver lining there is an old adage about losing making you better. I hope so.

Comment

• Looking at team stats ... 3 of the past 4 games IUP has rushed for 98 yards or less (past two games under 60 yards).

Kicking in doors obviously didn't help last week.

But, my question is why can't IUP run the ball when it has what is thought to be a very strong OL and a lethal aerial attack (which should soften the run defense).

Take away the Mercyhurst game (when they 100% sold out on the pass) and Edinboro (not good defense) and IUP's season rushing numbers pretty much stink.

So:

* Are the RBs overrated?
                                * Is the 'run up the middle' for 2 yards all day the problem? Don't get me started on the jet sweeps that haven't worked all year.
                                * Is the OL the issue?
                                * Combination of the three?

They will luck out and (very oddly) have 70 degrees and sunny this weekend.

But, the inability to run seems to be a major concern heading in to November. This sun isn't going to last forever.

It's just very odd to me why a team with a rocket-arm QB and two elite WRs can't run the ball.

Gannon's RBs had swagger and confidence. I don't see that with IUP's RBs.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X