X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
    Yes fire a guy that wins 77% of his games and has 2 PSAC rings in 6 years and beat a guy that starts for the Bears to boot. In addition facilities are a travesty and administration sucks. Go away.
    You are only as good as your recent work.

6-5…lost to Greensburg Central Catholic..lost to LIT AF…blew a sure win because we couldn’t track the time outs.

This was an Abortion of a season.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
    Season is finally over - thank goodness. Hoping for a much better 2024 - and lest I forget #AllIn2FireTort
    Yes fire a guy that wins 77% of his games and has 2 PSAC rings in 6 years and beat a guy that starts for the Bears to boot. In addition facilities are a travesty and administration sucks. Go away.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Yeah right get rid of a guy that’s 54-16 with 2 psac titles in 6 years. That’s better numbers than Curt Cignetti had the guy that will probably leave for a million dollar job soon. Get a life.
    Hence I said he isn't going anywhere. Learn to read.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

No doubt. Tort Ball isn't pretty. He has to win by simply having better players. That staff surely isn't beating anybody in details, prep, X's and O's.

Is what it is. He isn't going anywhere.
    Yeah right get rid of a guy that’s 54-16 with 2 psac titles in 6 years. That’s better numbers than Curt Cignetti had the guy that will probably leave for a million dollar job soon. Get a life.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

No doubt. Tort Ball isn't pretty. He has to win by simply having better players. That staff surely isn't beating anybody in details, prep, X's and O's.

It’s like the Sixers…they had talent but Doc Rivers couldn’t use it to get them past the second round. Now Nick Nurse has them balling in a season where nobody had any expectations after all the Harden drama and no major upgrades.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Maybe with better coaching it would have..

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Sad thing is this 'clunker' easily could have been a 9-2 season. If they don't lose Laney and Karst in first half of the Cal game, who knows how that ends.

Tort pissed away three games. They had plenty of talent.

Regardless, they at least ended it well.

Word is Karst is staying and that they are expecting little to no portal departures (at least not from anybody important).

They can bounce back pretty quickly next year. It won't be pretty. Tort Ball rarely is. But, they should be pretty good next Fall.

He has to get to work tomorrow. The D2 portal will be flooded by lunchtime tomorrow. Key is to get the imports here for second semester. They aren't going to sign many.
    Maybe with better coaching it would have..

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

They just weren’t that good.

They weren’t that good in 1997, 2005, 2009 and 2010 either.

We were due a real clunker.
    Sad thing is this 'clunker' easily could have been a 9-2 season. If they don't lose Laney and Karst in first half of the Cal game, who knows how that ends.

Tort pissed away three games. They had plenty of talent.

Regardless, they at least ended it well.

Word is Karst is staying and that they are expecting little to no portal departures (at least not from anybody important).

They can bounce back pretty quickly next year. It won't be pretty. Tort Ball rarely is. But, they should be pretty good next Fall.

He has to get to work tomorrow. The D2 portal will be flooded by lunchtime tomorrow. Key is to get the imports here for second semester. They aren't going to sign many.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Triggered much? Don't hold up buddy, get it all out! Call the league office again to complain about not keeping track of your timeouts...
    Then you complained about the same thing at Shepherd.

You make the perfect hypocritical Republican. Bitter, vengeful never has anything nice to say about anyone and has zero self awareness.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied

Wow you finally don’t suck for once and you just can’t be grateful…I hope youse get smashed next week.. send your sorry, self-righteous, ignorant asses back home. I was hoping the trash would get put out to the curb by Mon Valley U but I see you lucked out yet again.
    Triggered much? Don't hold up buddy, get it all out! Call the league office again to complain about not keeping track of your timeouts...

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

It's clear that "there is something else going on." But I don't think you can just look at it as what went on with IUP, you have to look at it with what went on with the competition, also. IUP regressed while the competition progressed as the season went on. That's a problem, IMO. Obviously, I hope they figure it out.
    They just weren’t that good.

They weren’t that good in 1997, 2005, 2009 and 2010 either.

We were due a real clunker.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Against arguably the worst offense in the PSAC...Congrats.
    Wow you finally don’t suck for once and you just can’t be grateful…I hope youse get smashed next week.. send your sorry, self-righteous, ignorant asses back home. I was hoping the trash would get put out to the curb by Mon Valley U but I see you lucked out yet again.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    One more thing. IUP averaged just under 300 yards rushing over the last 2 games. I question whether they can rely on a running attack to that extent against top teams. I think a healthy Stewart and the run threat from Hunter is pretty strong, though. I miss those long bombs from the QB to TD Brown.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Hopefully they will do an honest post mortem on this season, and fix some things. Crazy that they beat 8-3 Ashland, lost by a point and should have won against to 9-2 ESU - and held both teams to under 20. After two unimpressive wins against two cupcakes, they get hammered by SRU, give up 4 30+ yd pass plays to Cal, and loses Hunter. Limp through a game with 3-8 Edinboro, lose two close ones to Seton Hill and Gannon. And finish with two wins, though giving up too many points to Clarion, with Hunter returning.

So what happened to the defense that held ESU and Ashland two under twenty ? They keep playing to that standard, they finish 8-3, maybe 9-2 Sure losing a starting QB hurts, The defensive starters were mostly the same all year, one change in the secondary, Towler starting over Ingram, and Fowler was suspended. But there is something else going on . Then there's the question of Coaching in the 3 close losses. The inability to make short yardage when the games on the line (or even when its not) - next year won't be better than 9-2 or 8-3 and might be worse again if these things aren't cleaned up.
    It's clear that "there is something else going on." But I don't think you can just look at it as what went on with IUP, you have to look at it with what went on with the competition, also. IUP regressed while the competition progressed as the season went on. That's a problem, IMO. Obviously, I hope they figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Nice win. Complete performance from start to finish for the first time all season really. Offensive line was obviously better but Bloom’s front seven isn’t exactly a dominant group.

I watched Parker Gregg a bunch today. I have to ask why this kid wasn’t on the field a lot more earlier in the season? Not only is he a tough kid, he’s an intelligent player that reads his lead blocks very well. He also caught the TD pass, which shows he’s capable of that as well. I guess they had dreams of spreading the field and throwing it around, hitting some runs with numbers in the box, etc. Problem is that never worked and it took six or seven games to figure that out.

Some of the younger players did well today. I’ll give the coaching staff a little credit for making sure some of those kids got an opportunity. Yay! IUP avoids only the second losing season in the last 40 years. I’ll give them a “D” for the season.
    Against arguably the worst offense in the PSAC...Congrats.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X