X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    In other news, women's halftime score: IUP 58, PSU-New Kensington 7.
    Penn State sucks!

:-)

Obviously their 1980’s radio slogan wasn’t in play today:

”You can because we can, Penn State New Ken”
    Last edited by IUPNation; 11-10-2023, 04:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If he avoids a portal exodus he does have a ton back. They only have 7 seniors and really only 3-4 of them actually played.

This staff wins the most when they have so many seniors that their coaching can't even screw it up.
    I'm keeping an eye on that perimeter talent on the IUP offense. They got a glimpse of what the QB play is like and the type of passing game it'll be like going into next year. Will they want to sign off on that for their senior season?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I would never shoot at you IUPbigINDIANS ! :)

Whatever s currently left on the roster, I hope the coaching staff can develop them.
    If he avoids a portal exodus he does have a ton back. They only have 7 seniors and really only 3-4 of them actually played.

This staff wins the most when they have so many seniors that their coaching can't even screw it up.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

Don't shoot the messenger.

Sounds like the two starting LBs for next year are already here. He mentioned adding an upperclassman LB to the mix.

They will also have the big boy from Aliquippa on the DL ready for next year. Tort said he'd have played this year as a true freshman but was a partial qualifier. I've stood beside him. Dude is a house. He'll be a big addition.
    I would never shoot at you IUPbigINDIANS ! :)

Whatever s currently left on the roster, I hope the coaching staff can develop them.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Pretty sad Coach Tort is still blaming the refs for IUP scoring only 12 points in their PSAC opener. The team overall, to include the coaching staff, had a bad game. IUP could have "stole" the game, but the coaching staff was not paying attention. That is on IUP coaches.

"they should be 8-2"???? They COULD have been if the team was developed much better and more prepared for games, but I can not say they "should" have, Even Tort stated that he thought the offense was a year away.

Buying players from the portal ? How about develop what you have ???
    Don't shoot the messenger.

Sounds like the two starting LBs for next year are already here. He mentioned adding an upperclassman LB to the mix.

They will also have the big boy from Aliquippa on the DL ready for next year. Tort said he'd have played this year as a true freshman but was a partial qualifier. I've stood beside him. Dude is a house. He'll be a big addition.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    The last Tort Show of the year was quite entertaining.

Some highlights:

* The official is still being blamed for the ESU debacle

* Tort is about spent on missing XPs

* At worst, they should be 8-2 instead of 5-5 (and possibly 9-1)

* Tort thinks (I agree) Karst learned a lot in his 4 weeks watching.

* Likely buying a LB and DL(s) in portal

* Projecting at least 20 seniors next year
    ​​​​​​
    Pretty sad Coach Tort is still blaming the refs for IUP scoring only 12 points in their PSAC opener. The team overall, to include the coaching staff, had a bad game. IUP could have "stole" the game, but the coaching staff was not paying attention. That is on IUP coaches.

"they should be 8-2"???? They COULD have been if the team was developed much better and more prepared for games, but I can not say they "should" have, Even Tort stated that he thought the offense was a year away.

Buying players from the portal ? How about develop what you have ???

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Thank god this disaster of a season will be over. Glad all the IUP trolls disappeared.
    Joe's season approaching was the best thing for Tort. Everybody in town quit yapping about him and shifted to hoops. I actually forgot they were even playing tomorrow until this morning.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Any of you warriors doing the Bloomsburg trip early afternoon and getting back in time for Joe's game?

IUP opens against Concord tonight and plays Notre Dame College tomorrow.
    Thank god this disaster of a season will be over. Glad all the IUP trolls disappeared.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Any of you warriors doing the Bloomsburg trip early afternoon and getting back in time for Joe's game?

IUP opens against Concord tonight and plays Notre Dame College tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Huskie14
    replied
    Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

With all due respect any PSAC coach will tell you that a good cover corner (not just a "db") is very hard to find. Secondly, a good QB is very hard to find. Have you looked at any statistics from this year's batch of PSAC QBS? Outside of 3 or 4 they are not good....at all.
    Not sure what your perspective is on good QB play but looking at just stats doesn't tell the story and only "3 or 4 " have made it through injury this year to compile stats. I'm pretty sure you haven't watched tape on the rest of the QBs to form such an statement that there "not good...at all". Be better

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

With all due respect any PSAC coach will tell you that a good cover corner (not just a "db") is very hard to find. Secondly, a good QB is very hard to find. Have you looked at any statistics from this year's batch of PSAC QBS? Outside of 3 or 4 they are not good....at all.
    Agree to disagree. Lineman are nearly impossible to find or get.

IUP has been playing transfer qb roulette for over a decade now. Shepherd grabbed one pretty quick too. If you are a successful program, QB's will find you and help that recruiting process. Lineman don't leave.
    Last edited by Ram040506; 11-10-2023, 08:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I noticed this too. I feel like the middle of the pack got bigger this year and more competitive. We had 2 win teams hanging with what could or should be 9 win teams. That's usually not the case.
    Well, you could certainly say the two-win bit about Ship. They actually showed better against Shepherd and Kutztown than they did against Lock Haven.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I'm just going to say this straight up. I don't think this is a good year for the PSAC. SRU is good, but I feel like the conference as a whole has been pretty weak.
    You aren’t wrong.

We’ll find out soon enough.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X