X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

These all-league teams always come up with some head-scratchers. While we had an awful season on offense at Ship, we actually had a fairly respectable defense, especially considering the defense was usually on the field for much of the game after constant three-and-outs by the offense. Ship was third in the league in rushing defense, and I thought our front seven was very solid, especially in the interior line. The secondary wasn't bad, but was probably the weaker part of the defense. Yet when the defensive teams came out we had one Ship guy from the front seven and two from the secondary on the teams. I suspect the front seven got overlooked because of strong years from Kutztown and East Stroud. Also was surprised to see the Lock Haven guy passed over for COY, although its hard to argue with the job Clements does at Kutztown.
    Probably a matter of 1st team vs 2nd team votes. Our conference being so closely matched for talent has a lot of good and very good players but only so many spots. I agree about Mulrooney. The numbers aren't the same, but I consider what he did this year pretty similar to what Lustig did at Edinboro in 2016. Taking a mediocre Edinboro team that quit on their coach going 0-11 to 9-2 under a new coach is something but sniffing a winning season - while being very competitive on the field - is worthy of honor for Mulrooney. But maybe that keeps him here. I'm happy for the guy but don't want to see him bolt at the first sign of success then leave Lock Haven to slump back to its usual self.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    It's interesting that 2 IUP OL were named to the first team of the Western Division and 1 was named 2nd team, considering how maligned the OL was this year.

Also, had a 1st and 2nd teamer from the secondary. Thirdly, Dayjure Stewart is 1st team but he really only seemed to be at full strength at the end of the season and his best game was against an eastern division opponent in the final game. It is a tribute to the talent they had.
    These all-league teams always come up with some head-scratchers. While we had an awful season on offense at Ship, we actually had a fairly respectable defense, especially considering the defense was usually on the field for much of the game after constant three-and-outs by the offense. Ship was third in the league in rushing defense, and I thought our front seven was very solid, especially in the interior line. The secondary wasn't bad, but was probably the weaker part of the defense. Yet when the defensive teams came out we had one Ship guy from the front seven and two from the secondary on the teams. I suspect the front seven got overlooked because of strong years from Kutztown and East Stroud. Also was surprised to see the Lock Haven guy passed over for COY, although its hard to argue with the job Clements does at Kutztown.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    It's interesting that 2 IUP OL were named to the first team of the Western Division and 1 was named 2nd team, considering how maligned the OL was this year.

Also, had a 1st and 2nd teamer from the secondary. Thirdly, Dayjure Stewart is 1st team but he really only seemed to be at full strength at the end of the season and his best game was against an eastern division opponent in the final game. It is a tribute to the talent they had.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Wasn't a concern heading into the season being the size on the DL interior?
    Didn't seem to be a problem the first 4 games, everyone thought the Offense was the bigger problem. Some even talked about the defense being elite. but anyway, one way or another, they stunk up the rest of the season from the SRU game on, except maybe the last game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Last of the relics
    Davis is kind of cool looking building with it being the shape it is....I was only ever in the basement when the radio station was down there...it still might be.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    It looks like the wrecking ball will be taking down a number of buildings in the next year or so...I knew Weyandt was coming down but kind of surprised Davis Hall is coming down. Same with Ackerman. The rest are no big loss.....

https://www.thepenn.org/culture/many...RP2J3xLnWDmY5g

I wish they would knock down Zink...gut the Field House and build a top notch sports/health facility down there.
    Last of the relics

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    It looks like the wrecking ball will be taking down a number of buildings in the next year or so...I knew Weyandt was coming down but kind of surprised Davis Hall is coming down. Same with Ackerman. The rest are no big loss.....

https://www.thepenn.org/culture/many...RP2J3xLnWDmY5g

I wish they would knock down Zink...gut the Field House and build a top notch sports/health facility down there.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    so Seton Hill had a guy that rushed for 150 yards and 4 30+ yd pass plays, Gannon had a guy that rushed for 180 yds. How is this the QB s fault ? What happened to the defense?
    Wasn't a concern heading into the season being the size on the DL interior?

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post

If you can’t beat Seton Hill and Gannon, even without the starting quarterback, yikes on bikes.
    so Seton Hill had a guy that rushed for 150 yards and 4 30+ yd pass plays, Gannon had a guy that rushed for 180 yds. How is this the QB s fault ? What happened to the defense?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

If you can’t beat Seton Hill and Gannon, even without the starting quarterback, yikes on bikes.
    Yep...one of the lowest points of IUP Foosball history in the last 42 years....

Leave a comment:

• IUsuallyPonder
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

U do realize they lost their starting QB in the first half against Cal and he didn’t play for a month. Or are u just that foolish and think that’s no big deal, yikes.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied

If you watch the team closely you can see we are out coached and not prepared against comparable teams. You can view the total winning percentages - but here’s the question - where is the trajectory? Seems like we recruit well (to Tort’s credit) but development is sub par, play down to competition, and blame everyone else for his (and his staffs) failure.

Hey look, I think we just found another timeout. #AllIn2FireTort
    U do realize they lost their starting QB in the first half against Cal and he didn’t play for a month. Or are u just that foolish and think that’s no big deal, yikes.

Leave a comment:

• IUsuallyPonder
    replied
    Yes fire a guy that wins 77% of his games and has 2 PSAC rings in 6 years and beat a guy that starts for the Bears to boot. In addition facilities are a travesty and administration sucks. Go away.
    If you watch the team closely you can see we are out coached and not prepared against comparable teams. You can view the total winning percentages - but here’s the question - where is the trajectory? Seems like we recruit well (to Tort’s credit) but development is sub par, play down to competition, and blame everyone else for his (and his staffs) failure.

Hey look, I think we just found another timeout. #AllIn2FireTort

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    IUPgh goes MIA for the better part of 6 weeks then shows up sucking Tort off after beating two garbage teams. Talk about a fair weather fan!

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Better record than Curt. I am shire u weren’t on his nutz when he went 6-5. Just sayin.
    Sure we did. We had plenty of complaints when he was coach. He was like James Tenandtwo vs Slimey and Mon Valley U.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X