• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Tort's quote from IG article today;
    “I don’t really have any answers,” he finally said.

Let that sink in.
    Holy ****!!!

And I say this as an Eagles fan who had to listen to Fat Bastard’s (Andy Reid) nonsensical excuses for over a decade.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

But you have to have answers, even in the worst of times. Not demonstrating an ability to deal with adversity, not having answers, is a recipe for history repeating itself. Out of everyone involved, he is the one who has to have an answer. Maybe the comment was just a spur-of-the-moment slip of the tongue but it is what we are seeing week to week. No answer. You gotta have an answer. In my job, I can't tell my boss that I don't have an answer.
    You'll hear plenty of answers tonight. Hell, you may even get blamed. He's running out of options.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Some good news in Cignettiville: https://triblive.com/local/regional/...lassroom-hall/

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Losing Saturday may have been worse than losing the ESU game. Of course, they couldn't gain 6 inches in Greensburg, either.

The only good thing that can happen is for this season to end and start over.

I almost feel bad for Tort and Jack having to do that show again tonight.

Amazingly this team should be 7-2 right now despite how bad it is playing. They've literally given three wins away.
    But you have to have answers, even in the worst of times. Not demonstrating an ability to deal with adversity, not having answers, is a recipe for history repeating itself. Out of everyone involved, he is the one who has to have an answer. Maybe the comment was just a spur-of-the-moment slip of the tongue but it is what we are seeing week to week. No answer. You gotta have an answer. In my job, I can't tell my boss that I don't have an answer.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

IUP also had the cash to buy him out whatever that cost. I'll be honest, unless someone floats the cash, I'll be surprised if they can Tort. He's got to have a few years left after the last couple seasons success.
    Unless he 'retires' he's not being fired. I can guarantee it.

Like I said, Tort could come back with a bang next year. He has money to spend, and, in theory, a lot coming back next year.

This season went to crap with the timeout fiasco and we just saw the snowball effect from there. This team lacked leadership and it was very apparent. When the balloon popped there was nobody there to fix it.

These last two weeks we've seen an uninterested team still find creative ways to lose games. To watch an IUP team not physically close that game out Saturday was sickening.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Let that sink in.
    Losing Saturday may have been worse than losing the ESU game. Of course, they couldn't gain 6 inches in Greensburg, either.

The only good thing that can happen is for this season to end and start over.

I almost feel bad for Tort and Jack having to do that show again tonight.

Amazingly this team should be 7-2 right now despite how bad it is playing. They've literally given three wins away.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Let that sink in.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I have to admit, this made me laugh. A little levity I suppose.

It’s very hard to win consistently, especially championships. When you get used to it, it’s hard to take such a colossal crash. The casual fan base is just shocked but probably doesn’t care all that much. The diehards want to see heads roll. What really matters is what the people pumping in the money want. My best guess is this football administration gets a year to turn it around, but not two. Lou Tepper got a second year after a really bad season, but didn’t get a third. Different AD so we’re about to learn about the patience of the current one. There’s always more to a story too, which most of us won’t know about. The combination of “that story”, the most recent results, and overall track record will make up the equation that equals the decision.
    IUP also had the cash to buy him out whatever that cost. I'll be honest, unless someone floats the cash, I'll be surprised if they can Tort. He's got to have a few years left after the last couple seasons success.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The robber showed more effort than our offense or defense in that stadium.
    True, but then he missed the extra point.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Officer-involved shooting near Miller Stadium last night at around 9:30pm. Story on WCCS.

Sounds like there was an attempted robbery.

Many use the track in the evenings.

Edit: And now it's a nice headline on the Pittsburgh sites.
    The robber showed more effort than our offense or defense in that stadium.

So what that it’s in the Yinzerburgh media. **** happens everywhere. If campus crime was a top issue then Temple would have 10 students…
    Last edited by IUPNation; 10-30-2023, 07:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Remember, no negative scoreboard messages... :)
    That is your school’s thing.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Where is IUPgh? That turd disappeared weeks ago.
    Tort said in the Gazette today the team is 'snake bit'.

Saturday had nothing to do with being snake bit. They could have sealed that game 15 different times.

Gazette also said Fowler is suspended 'indefinitely'

Two more to go and it's finally over.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Officer-involved shooting near Miller Stadium last night at around 9:30pm. Story on WCCS.

Sounds like there was an attempted robbery.

Many use the track in the evenings.

Edit: And now it's a nice headline on the Pittsburgh sites.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-30-2023, 06:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
    I'll bet the IUP Angry Mob is getting the implements of destruction and torches stored inside the tool shed behind the Fleming Street aparaments ready for a march on the field house.
    Remember, no negative scoreboard messages... :)

Leave a comment:

• IUPMonk
    replied
    I'll bet the IUP Angry Mob is getting the implements of destruction and torches stored inside the tool shed behind the Fleming Street aparaments ready for a march on the field house.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X