X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

OK, I honestly haven't heard what happened with Baumgartner and Edinboro. And none of the profiles or recent articles on him mention it. What happened?
    https://sportslitigationalert.com/womens-volleyball-coach-settles-lawsuit-with-pennsylvania-school-over-pay-disparity/

https://www.goerie.com/story/news/cr...00/6607993007/

Essentially, Baumgartner tilted the resources in the athletic department so far toward wrestling, then when she took action, he defied the Edinboro President and the PASSHE administration by not implementing the recommended corrections. Then, he retaliated against the VB coach in an unheard of way, repeatedly. You aren't going to get away with what he did and, in the end, he didn't. The high profile D1 wrestling coach bailed out before it all hit the fan and took his top assistant with him.

No, you won't read about it in his bio.
    Last edited by iupgroundhog; 12-03-2023, 07:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

She just defended herself in an openly corrupt and outrageously unfair and vindictive system. Keep in mind that I am a huge D1 Wrestling fan. But what Bruce did has no place in one of our state universities or in college athletics, in general. He and Edinboro University were lucky to escape from that situation in as good of shape as they did.

It was outrageously and blatantly wrong. People want to talk about PSU and Joe Paterno - who knew what and when did they know it, etc. But, for sure, there were a lot of enablers within the Edinboro University community. It came tumbling down but some still rationalize about it today.
    OK, I honestly haven't heard what happened with Baumgartner and Edinboro. And none of the profiles or recent articles on him mention it. What happened?

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Don't get me started on that loser! She single handed destroyed athletics at Edinboro.
    She just defended herself in an openly corrupt and outrageously unfair and vindictive system. Keep in mind that I am a huge D1 Wrestling fan. But what Bruce did has no place in one of our state universities or in college athletics, in general. He and Edinboro University were lucky to escape from that situation in as good of shape as they did.

It was outrageously and blatantly wrong. People want to talk about PSU and Joe Paterno - who knew what and when did they know it, etc. But, for sure, there were a lot of enablers within the Edinboro University community. It came tumbling down but some still rationalize about it today.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Don't get me started on that loser! She single handed destroyed athletics at Edinboro.
    One of a few factors. Ironically her record since then has been rough.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Do they pay their volleyball coach as much as the football coach?

Leave a comment:

• CUlater
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

IUP plays Clarion tonight in the Atlantic Region Championship

For those unaware, Clarion is a powerhouse in Volleyball.
    Clarion and Gannon have met in the PSAC championship and Atlantic region Championship the last 3-4 years in a row. Also, not sure if you’ve been paying attention but MBB has played 7 games and already has more wins than all of last year lol. They are still a year or two away from being a legitimate threat but they have improved a ton. Nice to see

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Probably more

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

They should consider it a payback.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    IUP Volleyball pulled a shocker tonight in Erie and upset host Gannon.

IUP (23-10) will play in the Atlantic Region Final tomorrow.

Gannon had swept IUP in the regular season but IUP won the most important meeting.
    They should consider it a payback.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP Volleyball pulled a shocker tonight in Erie and upset host Gannon.

IUP (23-10) will play in the Atlantic Region Final tomorrow.

Gannon had swept IUP in the regular season but IUP won the most important meeting.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I wish I could agree but there is no evidence to suggest this. The most recent example was last season when Shepherd went in with an NFL QB and one of the best overall teams in SR1 in recent years and they got blown off the field by the team that then got destroyed the following week in the championship game. Neither of the two remaining PSAC teams are as good as Shepherd was last year.

Whichever team wins between Slippery Rock and Kutztown is going to get thrown to the wolves in the form of Colorado Mines (likely), or Grand Valley State. Remember the scene in Jurassic Park when they staked the goat out for bait?

Believe me, I’d love nothing more for you to come back in two weeks and say I told you so. I just don’t see it.
    I will come back and say that either I was wrong or that I was right but I'm sticking to my claim.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    I think the difference between our top programs and the D2 powers is narrowing.
    I wish I could agree but there is no evidence to suggest this. The most recent example was last season when Shepherd went in with an NFL QB and one of the best overall teams in SR1 in recent years and they got blown off the field by the team that then got destroyed the following week in the championship game. Neither of the two remaining PSAC teams are as good as Shepherd was last year.

Whichever team wins between Slippery Rock and Kutztown is going to get thrown to the wolves in the form of Colorado Mines (likely), or Grand Valley State. Remember the scene in Jurassic Park when they staked the goat out for bait?

Believe me, I’d love nothing more for you to come back in two weeks and say I told you so. I just don’t see it.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

We aren't there yet. Our rep the last two years had an NFL QB and still got blasted twice. Our line play is too weak (with little depth).
    I know that is the conventional wisdom. Let's come back to this next Saturday afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

Screw them. As everybody has said, the dynamics have changed with the transfer portal. I think the difference between our top programs and the D2 powers is narrowing. I believe that Shepherd, SRU, IUP, and Kutztown can play competitively with just about anybody in the country. Not saying SR1 will win in the semis but I think we will be competitive. I guess we'll find out next week.
    I hope Kutztown wins. I think their style of play will allow for a more competitive SR1 semifinal game. It reminds me of the Cater led Shepherd teams where it was consistent balanced offense and a tough bend but don't break defense. You have to make those more talented teams earn it, and sustain drives. Can't just allow a free for all of big plays as Shepherd has done the last 3 seasons.

If Rock wins, I think they are too similar to Shepherd of the last couple years and we'll see a similar result. I also think IUP with their balanced offense last year, may have been a better matchup for the semifinal against Mines as well.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X