Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

IUP actually Tweeted out he made the roster. Sounds like that wasn't yet accurate.

Comment

• Yeah I think the 53-man deadline is 4:30pm today. Teams usually don't announce before then.

Comment

• Irvin Charles did not make the Jets. Got cut Monday. But I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up on someone's practice squad.

Also, Damon Lloyd (injured) got waived by the Chargers last week.
          http://www.indianagazette.com
          www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
            Irvin Charles did not make the Jets. Got cut Monday. But I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up on someone's practice squad.

Also, Damon Lloyd (injured) got waived by the Chargers last week.
            Lloyd looked really good till the injury. That sucks. Charles will make a practice squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Lloyd looked really good till the injury. That sucks. Charles will make a practice squad.

Comment

• Sounds like Irvin will definitely make the Jets' practice squad -- if he clears waivers. His size, speed and great special teams talent makes him pretty appealing. He also had a strong enough camp to shed some of the D2 stereotypes. Practice Squad life isn't a bad gig. The 2022 minimum salary is $11,500/week. And, you're one injury away from getting called up. WRs get banged up constantly.

Hopefully Lloyd can get back quickly. NFL LBs are a revolving door because they get hurt so much. That is one violent position. He did enough good things in camp this year and in the preseason that some other teams likely noticed. Was his injury serious?

Comment

• Sounds like from Jack's report on WCCS that the defense dominated the scrimmage this past Friday. Not surprising. Not only is that a very good unit, but the defense typically has a major advantage in those intra-squad match-ups. Sounds like they are a little beat up entering this week -- probably typical for this stage of camp. I assume they'll slowly start cooling things down a bit and making sure guys are ready for next week.

Probably the most alarming item Jack reported is the FG unit missed every attempt it took in game situations.

I forget the year (it wasn't that long ago) ... but I still remember Curt had one season where they could barely make an extra point. Let's hope Friday was just a bad day.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    Sounds like from Jack's report on WCCS that the defense dominated the scrimmage this past Friday. Not surprising. Not only is that a very good unit, but the defense typically has a major advantage in those intra-squad match-ups. Sounds like they are a little beat up entering this week -- probably typical for this stage of camp. I assume they'll slowly start cooling things down a bit and making sure guys are ready for next week.

Probably the most alarming item Jack reported is the FG unit missed every attempt it took in game situations.

I forget the year (it wasn't that long ago) ... but I still remember Curt had one season where they could barely make an extra point. Let's hope Friday was just a bad day.
                    In 2015, they were only 50% on field goal attempts and second from the bottom on PATs (but still at 82%). Not good but not terrible, of course IUP usually has strong kickers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

In 2015, they were only 50% on field goal attempts and second from the bottom on PATs (but still at 82%). Not good but not terrible, of course IUP usually has strong kickers.
                      That was the year they lost to SRU, 40-39, and missed two extra points and had a third blocked.

Just unbelievable

Comment

• Columnist for the PSAC keeps referencing Dajour Fisher DT for IUP. He's not even on the roster. I recall someone talking about that in this thread at some point, is that guy even playing or no? And how did he make 2nd team PSAC West with no sacks and no TFL's lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                          Columnist for the PSAC keeps referencing Dajour Fisher DT for IUP. He's not even on the roster. I recall someone talking about that in this thread at some point, is that guy even playing or no?
                          The Punter referenced is also out for the season. Fisher had a very serious injury last year and (to my knowledge) isn't with the program this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

A PAT percentage of barely over 80 is pretty bad at the college level. It can't be reassuring as a coach in a close game to know you have a 20 percent chance of missing the PAT.

Comment

• Irvin Charles was indeed signed to the Jets practice squad .......

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jet...ad-2022-season

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

A PAT percentage of barely over 80 is pretty bad at the college level. It can't be reassuring as a coach in a close game to know you have a 20 percent chance of missing the PAT.
                                See above ... literally cost them their rivalry game vs SRU that year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X