X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Tough
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I dread the return of The Personalities.
    That's just because you don't know ball or the game inside the game. Now something about how IUP will roll past some team.

FACT!

Did I do it right?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You'd be amazed how many associated with the big two programs read all the crap on here religiously.

Just pay close attention in August when the players are in camp and have nothing to do at night. We get about 15 new IUP posters every year. Coincidence, I'm sure.
    I dread the return of The Personalities.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
    Some interesting IUP Band news. My wife is getting her masters degree and is on campus for a summer intensive class. She had an opportunity to speak with Dr. Zach Cheever, who has taken over as the Marching Band Director. Of course, my wife mentioned the D2 Board (as we surprisingly talk about it often) and it seems like he is familiar with it. Her impression was very positive and he seems to be very interested in getting the band back to its old form. He has some neat ideas and an interesting perspective, as he was involved with the University of Colorado marching band. He’s not using the Crimson Express as a fight song, but you will hear it occasionally. As for Cherokee, unfortunately that isn’t coming back. He checked into it and found that the university will receive a hefty fine from the NCAA. Only one NCAA member school is allowed to play it, and it’s apparently in Florida. So, if someone is willing to pay the fine, you could theoretically see it come back. On a side note, he seems to get along with Tort and the AD, which wasn’t the case with the previous director. So far, it seems like things are moving in a positive direction. Now if only my wife could help me get a connection with the football or basketball program, then I’d have it made.
    You'd be amazed how many associated with the big two programs read all the crap on here religiously.

Just pay close attention in August when the players are in camp and have nothing to do at night. We get about 15 new IUP posters every year. Coincidence, I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
    Some interesting IUP Band news. My wife is getting her masters degree and is on campus for a summer intensive class. She had an opportunity to speak with Dr. Zach Cheever, who has taken over as the Marching Band Director. Of course, my wife mentioned the D2 Board (as we surprisingly talk about it often) and it seems like he is familiar with it. Her impression was very positive and he seems to be very interested in getting the band back to its old form. He has some neat ideas and an interesting perspective, as he was involved with the University of Colorado marching band. He’s not using the Crimson Express as a fight song, but you will hear it occasionally. As for Cherokee, unfortunately that isn’t coming back. He checked into it and found that the university will receive a hefty fine from the NCAA. Only one NCAA member school is allowed to play it, and it’s apparently in Florida. So, if someone is willing to pay the fine, you could theoretically see it come back. On a side note, he seems to get along with Tort and the AD, which wasn’t the case with the previous director. So far, it seems like things are moving in a positive direction. Now if only my wife could help me get a connection with the football or basketball program, then I’d have it made.
    It’s bogus they can’t play Cherokee. Why do the rules for imagery on the sports team affect what a Band plays?

The Flori-duh State School For Finger Painting bribed their way to keep their racist nickname and war chant.

If it’s racist then it’s all racist. Not it’s racist but if you got the cash you can still be racist.

At least he ditched Crimson Abomination. I swear the last dude created that ness to piss everyone off.

The new guy also had signing days for high school seniors joining the band much like athletes do and posted it on social
    nedia. I thought that was really cool. The fact he had Doc back at the alumni band day was telling and exciting!

Make IUP…IUP Again!
    Last edited by IUPNation; 06-22-2023, 07:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUsuallyPonder
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Ship is a rivalry game for Shepherd, typically a tough game. Ship is not Kutztown or Cal though. Didn't mean to slander Ship, but that is the most logical time to do it for a full change if things aren't going smoothly. The first couple games, based on last year's data should be wins for the Rams and potential blowouts at that. Should be time for backups to play, if of course Shepherd is able to ably replace all that offensive talent that was lost.
    I have zero idea what to expect from Ship this year. They were a very young team at most positions last season, and injuries really muddled the quarterback position. They seemed to have some guys with good potential on defense, especially along the line, and a couple of the young linebackers look good. The secondary really needs to come along, especially considering some of the teams they'll be playing. Offense will depend on what happens at QB and whether the o-line, almost all frosh and sophomores last year, takes a step forward. They didn't get a ton of transfers in because they had 78 guys returning. Opening with Newberry will give them a very quick picture of where they stand, and the first half of the schedule is brutal.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Ship is a rivalry game for Shepherd, typically a tough game. Ship is not Kutztown or Cal though. Didn't mean to slander Ship, but that is the most logical time to do it for a full change if things aren't going smoothly. The first couple games, based on last year's data should be wins for the Rams and potential blowouts at that. Should be time for backups to play, if of course Shepherd is able to ably replace all that offensive talent that was lost.
    I don't know what to expect in the Mon Valley. They lost some serious studs on both sides -- star QB, WR and LB.

That said, every time they appear to be down, well, they aren't.

They had terrible luck last year. The Vulcans lost by 5 at Kutztown, 3 at Shepherd (OT), and by a fluky single point vs IUP. They could have (should have) won all three of those games.

After the IUP debacle, the wind left the sails. They barely beat Seton Hill the following week and then got hammered by SRU and Gannon.

That was a good team early but after that third loss it seemed they just threw in the towel.

Dunn has a strong track record of reloading quickly.

Looking at their schedule, they'll clobber AB in the opener but then host Kutztown and Shepherd. A trip to Edinboro follows before a home date with Clarion. The Vulcans then travel to IUP before Seton Hill visits.

Their stretch run is rough -- at SRU, Mercyhurst, at Gannon and at ESU.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

Ship gives everyone a hard game. They will not mail it in. I was thinking week one or two you may see Powell work in the rotation depending upon how well the offense moves the ball.

Leave a comment:

• Boro33
    replied

I think it would be week 5 at the earliest, they won't throw a new QB in against Kutztown or Cal. Wait till week 5 against Ship for a lighter home game.
    Ship gives everyone a hard game. They will not mail it in. I was thinking week one or two you may see Powell work in the rotation depending upon how well the offense moves the ball.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

I think it would be week 5 at the earliest, they won't throw a new QB in against Kutztown or Cal. Wait till week 5 against Ship for a lighter home game.
    That’s bulletin board material for Ship!!

Use it as a grievance Ship!!

:-)

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

Also heard that Lek Powell has seems to be the next QB1 in Ramville. They may start out with Morgan (because of experience) but the word after spring is that Powell outplayed him in the spring. With 3 years of eligibility remaining I would not be surprised to see Powell take over by week 2 or 3 if he does not start the season as QB1.

Leave a comment:

• Boro33
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Has the Concord transfer officially signed? Odd no official announcement yet.
    I believe he has

Leave a comment:

• Boro33
    replied

I don't think anyone has any idea how the QB battle in Sheptown is gonna shake out. I have heard Lek Powell has looked good, the transfer from VMI didn't come to sit on the bench though. Yes, little Bagent is supposed to be enrolled come fall, but he's probably a year away at best. He's behind where his brother was at the same stage physically and needs a year to live in the weight room.
    Also heard that Lek Powell has seems to be the next QB1 in Ramville. They may start out with Morgan (because of experience) but the word after spring is that Powell outplayed him in the spring. With 3 years of eligibility remaining I would not be surprised to see Powell take over by week 2 or 3 if he does not start the season as QB1.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Has the Concord transfer officially signed? Odd no official announcement yet.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    So Taylor Swift jammed more Swifties into Acupuncture Stadium than anyone else for an event….

I wonder how many were from the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia?

:-)
    Last edited by IUPNation; 06-19-2023, 04:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X