• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

And I'm seeing it trickle down.

IUP snatches up a kid Cal or Slip think they have locked up. They in turn snatch up a kid Clarion or Edinboro think they have. Not sure if this has always happened this much but it plays out online now.

Recruiting offers are still insane this year. One small school QB had offers from St. Francis, Edinboro, and some D3 schools. One week from signing day, he gets a PWO from Penn State and commits the same day. He seems tall and athletic but this kid will never play at Penn State. He's also going to pay $32k and change each year just to say he's on the team and watch the game from the sidelines.
    If his parents have the loot than nobody cares…all parties are happy D1 school gets free body and kid and parents meet up every home Saturday and bowl game, been going on for years.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He's a great signing. They've been chasing him since November. They beat out a lot of good programs for his services.
    Instant starter at tackle coupled with the giant D1 transfer that line will be huge to say the least. In addition a high quality one year back from top 5 D2 school will arrive in the summer he will be a huge weapon….stay posted.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Donavan McCargo has committed. WR/DB
    he is also a serious track star. Big time speed

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Dinari Clacks, Bethel Park, committed to IUP.

WR/DB

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

IUP snatches up a kid Cal or Slip think they have locked up. They in turn snatch up a kid Clarion or Edinboro think they have. Not sure if this has always happened this much but it plays out online now.

Recruiting offers are still insane this year. One small school QB had offers from St. Francis, Edinboro, and some D3 schools. One week from signing day, he gets a PWO from Penn State and commits the same day. He seems tall and athletic but this kid will never play at Penn State. He's also going to pay $32k and change each year just to say he's on the team and watch the game from the sidelines.
    Maybe, or maybe not. Let’s say he’s a great student and wanted to go to PSU anyway. Maybe he’s getting academic scholarships. To go there and even get a uniform would be a win for a lot of kids, and heck, you never know what happens once you’re there.

I have seen the scenario you describe play out for a lot of DIII kids though. They get “academic” scholarships to get them in the door. Then the kid gets hooked on finishing out his career as a college football player and ends up with a six figure bill at the end of it all. Look at the roster size of some of these DIII schools. It’s insane, but a good strategy for getting paying customers if you’re the school.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Tweeted by WPIAL TODAY

IUP waits until every other program sends an offer then 2-3 nights before signing day they always come swooping in stealing everyones golden goose they have been doing it forever.. it works tho

Made me laugh. It is true. Just remember all these verbals we keep seeing don't mean a thing until pen hits paper.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tweeted by WPIAL TODAY

IUP waits until every other program sends an offer then 2-3 nights before signing day they always come swooping in stealing everyones golden goose they have been doing it forever.. it works tho

Made me laugh. It is true. Just remember all these verbals we keep seeing don't mean a thing until pen hits paper.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

Yes, you missed it.

That has been rumored but that's it.

My theory is if he was going ... he'd have been long gone by now. He is not in the portal.

Popular theory seems to be due to the way Sexton was listed on the IUP roster it appeared he was done with eligibility. That isn't the case. He has a year remaining. If one was quickly browsing rosters ... that's likely how the mistake was made in that article.
    Is it the semester thing you think?

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    As mentioned earlier, Ezeekai Thomas, All-State DB from Carlisle High School has also committed. His suitors included Saint Francis, Cal, Slippery Rock, West Chester, Edinboro, Clarion, and Shippensburg. There were others in the mix as well but that’s the list of note.
    Tough loss for Mac. That's right in Ship's back yard.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    IUP signed Daric Cotman, a 6’2” 292 lb. offensive lineman from Virginia Wise. He’s from Richmond, VA and had several other offerers including McNeese State, Cal, Valdosta State, Benedict, Mississippi Valley State, Wheeling, Allen, Fayetteville State, Virginia Union, Concord, and a few more. I believe he has one year of eligibility remaining but he will plug a hole on the offensive line.

He's a great signing. They've been chasing him since November. They beat out a lot of good programs for his services.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
    Sexton isn’t coming back? Cavaldi put this up and said you guys are breaking in a new qb again. Is that for real? Sorry if I missed the discussion on this already.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...er-10-rankings
    Yes, you missed it.

That has been rumored but that's it.

My theory is if he was going ... he'd have been long gone by now. He is not in the portal.

Popular theory seems to be due to the way Sexton was listed on the IUP roster it appeared he was done with eligibility. That isn't the case. He has a year remaining. If one was quickly browsing rosters ... that's likely how the mistake was made in that article.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    IUP signed Daric Cotman, a 6’2” 292 lb. offensive lineman from Virginia Wise. He’s from Richmond, VA and had several other offerers including McNeese State, Cal, Valdosta State, Benedict, Mississippi Valley State, Wheeling, Allen, Fayetteville State, Virginia Union, Concord, and a few more. I believe he has one year of eligibility remaining but he will plug a hole on the offensive line.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Sexton isn’t coming back? Cavaldi put this up and said you guys are breaking in a new qb again. Is that for real? Sorry if I missed the discussion on this already.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...er-10-rankings

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP offered another high school QB today.

One committed last week.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
    Would love some thoughts on this: I keep seeing folks on Twitter (take that for what it’s worth) that the CalU Triad School is getting some big time commitments (I.e., Keyshawn Morsillo, Sincere Smith, Bobbie Boyd Jr., Naquan Crowder, etc.). I haven’t seen too many on the IUP end, but thinking we’ll see more as we get closer to signing day. The question is, IUP Nation, how do we feel about this?
    Western half of the state way down team and talent wise..the shift to east is where IUP has made it’s hay recently…The Boyd kid is really small and the 2 city league kids are athletes without a true position. OL from Quips third best on his own team…just sayin

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X