X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP Crimson Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    FG does a lot there. It forces Shep to score TWO TDs in 4 minutes. That’s a big difference compared to a TD and a FG. So dumb!
    A field goal does nothing for you there. It would still be a 2 possession game, you kick it off to Ronnie Brown, he could return it for a TD, you don’t get the first down you give Shep the ball on the 5 yard line with 95 yards to go and they will waste more clock vs at least the 25 yard line on a return. Hell a Field goal could get blocked and returned for a touchdown. But hey that’s why your sitting on your couch and not making those decisions.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    FG does a lot there. It forces Shep to score TWO TDs in 4 minutes. That’s a big difference compared to a TD and a FG. So dumb!

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

Lol, IUPalum is a total CLOWN! Listen Coach Tort has the best winning percentage in the PSAC and Region 83 percent. He has now been to the NCAA playoffs 3 times. 2 PSAC Championships. 1 Regional championship and a final 4 appearance. He also reached 30 wins faster than any other IUP coach (35 games). He has now passed up former IUP Coach Curt Cignetti in PSAC Championships (Coach Tort 2) (Coach Cignetti 1) Curt also never won the region at IUP. Coach Tort has. FACT. From numerous reports Coach Tort turned down 2 D1 jobs since being the Head Coach. My guess is the phone will be ringing for Coach Tort this offseason as well.
    Yep, you keep worshipping a guy that blasting got the best player hurt in a 35-0 blow out. The same coach that single handedly almost blew that Championship game yesterday. That same coach that had his team quit on him last year. That same coach that couldn’t beat Gannon and was unprepared to boot on defense which is his “specialty.” Etc etc… IUP can do better!

Leave a comment:

• IUP Crimson Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

yeah, the more I thought about this the more I think it was easily the right call to go for it. If you make the FG or not, 2 TDs beat you either way. They get a TD and FG, it’s a tie and overtime. But if you score a TD, you just won the game, huge upside, without much downside.

Field goal does nothing for you there. Still a 2 possession game. Hell you have to kick it off to Ronnie Brown, what if he runs it back for a TD. Absolutely horrible officiating on that 4th downplay, Cole Laney got held by one of Sheps defensive players. Go watch it, just do not understand how they can’t call that!!

Leave a comment:

• IUP Crimson Hawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
    Yes your spot on let’s fire a guy that’s 47-10 with 2 PSAC
    titles in 5 years. In addition Miller stadium is back great crowds and enthusiasm all season. SMH.
    Lol, IUPalum is a total CLOWN! Listen Coach Tort has the best winning percentage of any coach in the PSAC and Region. He has now been to the NCAA playoffs 3 times. 2 PSAC Championships. 1 Regional championship and a final 4 appearance. He also reached 30 wins faster than any other IUP coach (35 games). He has now passed up former IUP Coach Curt Cignetti in PSAC Championships (Coach Tort 2) (Coach Cignetti 1) Curt also never won the region at IUP. Coach Tort has Won a Regional championship. FACT. I thought Coach Cignetti did a good job with the program but not even close to what Coach Tort has done with the program up to the date. From numerous reports Coach Tort turned down 2 D1 jobs since being the Head Coach. My guess is the phone will be ringing for Coach Tort this offseason as well.
    Last edited by IUP Crimson Hawk; 11-14-2022, 12:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Wrong chip shot field would have of been 13 point lead.
    yeah, the more I thought about this the more I think it was easily the right call to go for it. If you make the FG or not, 2 TDs beat you either way. They get a TD and FG, it’s a tie and overtime. But if you score a TD, you just won the game, huge upside, without much downside.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Gotta give IUP credit for one thing: they kept the Duane Brown injury locked in the vault. Obviously everybody saw it happen last week but there was zero indication he'd actually miss time.

I think that was a big curveball to Shepherd. IUP hit some plays yesterday (to the TEs) that we havent see all year. Granted, as many of us have said, they should have been more involved all season. Grant Smith looked like a monster yesterday. Where's that been all year? Feed that man.

But, you gameplan for Duane all week and at some point in warm-ups likely realize he's not out there.

Alas, conversation for a different time.

But, getting Duane back in addition to a legit TE threat ... scary stuff.
    Only so many plays and footballs, I agree to a point but they weren’t taking Brown and Ridley touches away and giving them to tight ends. Offensively
    they have had minimal resistance all year. Offense solid all year, minimal turnovers, sacks allowed and TOP outstanding. Defense has been a concern at times, not the offense.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Based on what metrics?
    How about the eye metrics.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Which brings me back to the question of why the heck was he put in that spot to get hurt up 35-0 against F-in Clarion? Between that and Tort's terrible coaching at the end of yesterday's game, I truly question his ability to lead this team.
    Yes your spot on let’s fire a guy that’s 47-10 with 2 PSAC
    titles in 5 years. In addition Miller stadium is back great crowds and enthusiasm all season. SMH.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Isn’t that the truth! Going for it on fourth down from inside the 10 when you had a chip shot field goal to go up three scores makes absolutely no sense. Awful, awful, awful. Who makes that call? You’d think the HC would have veto power. I thought they were going to try to draw them offsides or call timeout and kick the field goal. I was astonished when they snapped it.

Bagent is a champion. He wasn’t going to give up. I get it that they had to pull of a miracle if they were going to make a comeback there, but IUP gave them life and it almost cost them. Then there were the stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. At least the Shepherd kid was smart enough to do it when IUP was on the one yard line and it was an 18 inch penalty.

All that said, it’s a big win and that’s what matters. I have more thoughts but right now my hands are still stiff!
    Wrong chip shot field would have of been 13 point lead.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

They were Shepherd’s best chance to win.
    Dude u have issues u are no different than the personalities. IUP coaches did a hell of a job. They should be commended for that game plan. Beat a team that averages 46 with 3 offensive all Americans. Should of been 14 if not for a horrific PI call on 4th down before there last score. Pressured Bagent all day and gave up 1 run of note for 9 yards. Handled the line of scrimmage and played with great effort. In addition they played and won minus 3 offensive stars (Brown, Lockhart, Stewert). What else do u need. If u dislike like Tort and his staff just say it but don’t sprout out bull**** that makes no sense….just sayin

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Gotta give IUP credit for one thing: they kept the Duane Brown injury locked in the vault. Obviously everybody saw it happen last week but there was zero indication he'd actually miss time.

I think that was a big curveball to Shepherd. IUP hit some plays yesterday (to the TEs) that we havent see all year. Granted, as many of us have said, they should have been more involved all season. Grant Smith looked like a monster yesterday. Where's that been all year? Feed that man.

But, you gameplan for Duane all week and at some point in warm-ups likely realize he's not out there.

Alas, conversation for a different time.

But, getting Duane back in addition to a legit TE threat ... scary stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

Plus they will get the best WR in the country back and the best RB in the region back! Region 1 will run through Indiana.
    Based on what metrics?

Leave a comment:

• RamPride
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Yes, for all of the focus on the "name" skill players, the game was won in the trenches. I remember this being a concern for the Shep fans (who are very knowledgeable) but I didn't expect it to be so obvious.

Playing without Brown and Stewart and still winning is definitely impressive. I joke about Tort's "we have a lot of players" comment but it's true. IUP is deep with a lot of weapons.

Wow, so many contributors yesterday. It was a very satisfying victory.

On to the playoffs. IUP will need their big guns to be ready to make this run. At some point, anyway.

Not to take anything away from Shep. If there is a repeat matchup, it will be just as interesting as the first one.

Finally, I think Sexton has some intangibles. I think he is clearly the leader (I'm sure there are numerous leaders) and he manages the game really well. They talk about Bagent being unflappable but Sexton always seems to have his eyes on the prize.

Hopefully, we get the right bounces in the PO's. IUP needs to stick with the next Saturday approach.
    Shepherd lost on 2 red zone interceptions…plus the offensive play calling which was very offensive..

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

If YOU'RE taking aim at Matt Burglund, who makes the rest of the PSAC coverage look like a preschool newspaper, you're an idiot.

Period.
    Don't apologize for ****ty coaching! It was and as a reporter grow a set and say it. Don't twist his terrible decisions to make them sound like they were good. THEY WEREN'T!!!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X