Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tort confirmed on his show last night that Houser 'tweaked' his hamstring on his TD run. He said it wasn't too bad and he is hopeful he'll be ready to go Saturday.

It also sounds like Q. Carter is getting pretty close to returning.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Well, identifying problems is the first step.

Yeah, he sure didn't sound like the coach who just won.

I suspect Mercyhurst will give them a decent test this weekend -- at least for a bit.

This certainly has 'trap game' written all over it. Everybody knows SRU and Cal are up next. Add to it the Miller Stadium 'fog' IUP appears to play in at home.

IUP was its own worst enemy this past Saturday. If they can get some little things cleaned up they just may shape in to a pretty strong team.

Mercyhurst beat up two tomato cans to start the season. The same Kutztown team that got shutout in Week 1 just hung 50 on them in Erie. On paper I'd say IUP is heavily favored but Tort teams sure make me nervous in their own stadium.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Tort quote (postgame):

"I'm not real happy at all," he said. "Too many penalties, too many turnovers ... third and short yardage we can't make first downs ... too many busts on defense. I mean, I could go on and on and on. This team has a lot to work on."
    Well, identifying problems is the first step.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tort quote (postgame):

"I'm not real happy at all," he said. "Too many penalties, too many turnovers ... third and short yardage we can't make first downs ... too many busts on defense. I mean, I could go on and on and on. This team has a lot to work on."

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    What is the status on Q. Carter? Any idea when he'll return?

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Ronnie Brown
    Brown is a proven player. Stewart might be that good, but hasn’t proven it like Brown. Brown’s resume is far more complete as of right now. That’s a long way of saying I agree with you.
    Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 09-19-2022, 03:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Ronnie Brown
    I agree with you, but only when he's being used.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I have never backed down from a bully, and don't plan on it!
    You are being the bully with your hate and accusations that you didn’t back up.

Did your Boy Scouts clean the visitor locker room before they left Greensburg. Hopefully you brought your own cleaning supplies too.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

Stewart is the best Running Back in the whole region. Tell me who is better.
    Ronnie Brown

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Projecting 66 and partly sunny for the opener.

That's certainly one advantage of having your first home game in Week 4.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Watched Houser's TD run several times. He definitely seemed to change his stride as he neared the end zone. Kind of looked like he perhaps tweaked a hammy.

I hope they chose to sit him as a precautionary measure.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

You can call him the best RB all you want but he doesn't get the tough short yardage 1-2 yard runs. He proved that yesterday!
    He definitely has potential. That called back 82-yard run was impressive. When I watch him he seems to miss opportunities to get outside and gain more yards. Instead, he cuts back into traffic and takes defenders on. Does he have the speed to get outside? He looked pretty fast in the open field on that long run.

Leave a comment:

• IUP PSAC Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

You can call him the best RB all you want but he doesn't get the tough short yardage 1-2 yard runs. He proved that yesterday!
    I will call him it because it’s the truth.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

You feel things very strongly. :)
    And it wasn't exactly a penalty-free day for Ship with 7 for 70 yards. Got at least two quick slant passes to Rufe for first downs called back by penalties. Johnson also badly underthrew a couple of balls including one to a wide-open Sheehan near the goal-line in the second half.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I have never backed down from a bully, and don't plan on it!
    You can't fix stupid!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X