X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

Stewart is the best Running Back in the whole region. Tell me who is better.
    You can call him the best RB all you want but he doesn't get the tough short yardage 1-2 yard runs. He proved that yesterday!

Leave a comment:

• IUP PSAC Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

They need an RB that can get the dirty yards in short yardage situations. Stewart and Hauser aren’t it!
    Stewart is the best Running Back in the whole region. Tell me who is better.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

You know, I might spar with these IUP boys when they get too full of themselves, but you're frickin' relentless.
    I have never backed down from a bully, and don't plan on it!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

That game could of should of been 56-7. 552 yards and Ship basically had 2 significant plays the pick 6 and 40 yard TD after 30 yards in penalties. I see the officiating in league still a travesty. Just scream from your sideline and u get a call or go up big and get Zero calls. Hard to watch this league at times. Thought IUP special teams have been solid after 2 weeks after costing them 2 games last year. I blame OC for Sexton pick 6 he’s the one that loaded the gun ha ha. Just run it twice from the 1.5 and go back up by 28. Yeesh.
    Yesterday was much more encouraging than the game at ESU.

Howard's return really stabilizes the secondary. He can be an elite Safety.

There will still be a ton to harp on in film review. That game should have been way worse than the final spread.

Mercyhurst will pose a larger challenge in 6 days. Their offense lit up Kutztown in the first half yesterday. They also gave up a 50 Burger.

Starting to feel terrible for Houser at RB. He just can't seem to stay on the field.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

That game could of should of been 56-7. 552 yards and Ship basically had 2 significant plays the pick 6 and 40 yard TD after 30 yards in penalties. I see the officiating in league still a travesty. Just scream from your sideline and u get a call or go up big and get Zero calls. Hard to watch this league at times. Thought IUP special teams have been solid after 2 weeks after costing them 2 games last year. I blame OC for Sexton pick 6 he’s the one that loaded the gun ha ha. Just run it twice from the 1.5 and go back up by 28. Yeesh.
    You feel things very strongly. :)

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied

They need an RB that can get the dirty yards in short yardage situations. Stewart and Hauser aren’t it!

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Good win. Defense looked much better, particularly the LBs. Secondary was better. The pass interference call that wiped out an IUP interception was an awful call. That said, the long TD run by Stewart that got called back on the blindside block was a good call. Sad thing is the kid only needed to get in the way there, not light him up. Definitely a lot to clean up. Way too many penalties. No rhythm on offense in the second half. Letting Ship get back into it at one point was a reminder of last week. I saw some praise for the offensive line but I thought it was just so, so. Seems to have trouble getting a push on short yardage situations, but that’s nitpicking. We’ll see how IUP plays at home next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Nice win for IUP although I don't think beating Ship is going to be a supreme accomplishment this season. Not sure how Mac managed to get himself a team with virtually no seniors and a ton of freshmen — Covid result I suppose, but the Raiders will take some lumps this year. Three sophs and a freshman on the o-line is usually not going to cut it. I'm also not sure why it took Ship three quarters to throw anything downfield. Johnson finally tossed a couple of good balls, then got hurt. Not relishing playing next week with a third-string frosh QB if he or McCracken aren't healthy. I was encouraged that the Ship guys played hard to the end of the game despite being outclassed today. They showed a few flashes here and there and can build on it.

IUP has some nice skill players and the QB, although a little erratic, has a hell of an arm. Brown is the real deal — used his body position to make some nice catches even on plays where he was fairly well covered. After watching Ridley and the Housers snag catches on us, I think I'm going to jump on jr shooter's bandwagon about Ship needing to keep more of our District 3 players at home. DiNunzui-Biss played nice game. He seemed to make about every other IUP tackle in the first half. IUP looked a little loose in the secondary, one of the few position areas they seem to have a lot of youth. They'll need to tighten that up against better teams, but more playing time might take care of that. Good luck to the Hawks the rest of the year.

It's very possible Ship will go 1-4 at home this season. Ouch.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Good win. Defense looked much better, particularly the LBs. Secondary was better. The pass interference call that wiped out an IUP interception was an awful call. That said, the long TD run by Stewart that got called back on the blindside block was a good call. Sad thing is the kid only needed to get in the way there, not light him up. Definitely a lot to clean up. Way too many penalties. No rhythm on offense in the second half. Letting Ship get back into it at one point was a reminder of last week. I saw some praise for the offensive line but I thought it was just so, so. Seems to have trouble getting a push on short yardage situations, but that’s nitpicking. We’ll see how IUP plays at home next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I thought Kelly and DDB had great days at LB.

DDB had some serious sticks.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

You know, I might spar with these IUP boys when they get too full of themselves, but you're frickin' relentless.
    One losing season in 40 years will do that…

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

We're probably the most humble fan base on here.

Lol

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

No more than IUP did last week. I've got no reason to make any of this stuff up...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Thoughts:
    1) Hauser still fragile. Handle with care.
    2) #11 is atrocious, should’ve left him for Cal.
    3) Sexton looked great at times then he drops a pile in f poop on the field.
    4) DL needs more pressure on the QB.
    5) OL looked great.
    6) Stewart is solid but still need a grinder for short yardage.
    7) #6 is the #1 for most other PSAC schools.
    8) Progress was made but so much to work on still.
    Ridley is WR1 on probably 80% of PSAC teams. He's going to be special.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    Tort interview at the end of the game - very unhappy with penalties, mistakes by the dbs, bad decisions, not gonna be a happy ride home
    That was my thought, too. They won big but should have wiped the floor. That was a total mismatch.

Road wins are road wins but as Tort stated ... not the prettiest.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X