Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

It's been a while since I can picture Ship RBs running downhill. It's been a struggle for quite a while.
    Yeah, the days of Dave Friese, Fred Glasgow, Rene Posey, John Kuhn, and others seem far in the past. I think the recent emphasis on passing has taken away some from the running game. Rocky and earlier coaches ran systems that were more geared to run. Even a lot of the big schools (Penn State comes quickly to mind) seem to have trouble setting up a consistent running game these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

That's been his MO during his entire time at Cal. Against higher quality opponents, Mitchell appears to struggle and that's costing Cal in a big way.
      Embarrassed to say I was a bit excited when NM went out versus FASU and Wyatt Hirt came in and immediately went deep for a score. It appears the next two seasons will be Hirt's and we'll have a better idea of what might have been.
      In the meantime, Beitko runs up his stats with every stalled drive so at least someone benefits from NM's inefficiency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Yeah, the days of Dave Friese, Fred Glasgow, Rene Posey, John Kuhn, and others seem far in the past. I think the recent emphasis on passing has taken away some from the running game. Rocky and earlier coaches ran systems that were more geared to run. Even a lot of the big schools (Penn State comes quickly to mind) seem to have trouble setting up a consistent running game these days.
        Penn State runs a Big 12 air raid offense half the time

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

In part it’s because of rule changes to do with what blocks are legal.

Comment

• You could "get away" with an immobile QB more easily 15-20 years ago than you can now, that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
              In part it’s because of rule changes to do with what blocks are legal.
              True, but there also is no lead blocker and little deception for runners in some of the sidecar and other one-back formations you see now. Also, fewer guys to pick up pressure in the backfield when you're passing. As Shooter said above, it's hard to get by without a QB who can run a bit if you're going to use these types of setups.

Comment

• Originally posted by TDBoi8136 View Post

Penn State runs a Big 12 air raid offense half the time
                Disagree, they play with at least one TE on 99% of the snaps. An air raid uses 4 WRs with a back and no TE.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Gerald Brown missing these games isn't helping.
                  He played the whole game. Cal has different admission standards let’s just say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
                    He played the whole game. Cal has different admission standards let’s just say.
                    Wait what? What happened to his suspension? Sh*t Dom Keyes got kicked off the IUP basketball team for less - and it was widely known he took the fall for IUP's star player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Wait what? What happened to his suspension? Sh*t Dom Keyes got kicked off the IUP basketball team for less - and it was widely known he took the fall for IUP's star player.
                      It appears Gerald Brown sat the first game but did play against Kutztown. So, it's conceivable the program gets to pick which games he sits while serving the alleged suspension.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Players quitting during games year after year is a problem.

Last year it was poor Covid protocol.

This year it’s players not ready.

How many games have you won on the sideline?

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

How many games have you won on the sideline?
                          Did you people at least run a respectful message on your scoreboard for Frank?

Does everyone in the booth get to wear the spiffy ESU vest too?

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Quickest coach to 30 wins in program history, and you're ready to replace him. Good Lord.
                            Listen IUP Nation is a total Clown. Coming from an IUP Fan. What is Tort now, like 40-9 overall… Lol. He wants to replace a guy after they win a game with half of there starters out and has one of the best winning percentages in the whole Country, that tells you everything about his ass. Best of luck the rest of the way WarriorVoice!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

Listen IUP Nation is a total Clown. Coming from an IUP Fan. What is Tort now, like 40-9 overall… Lol. He wants to replace a guy after they win a game with half of there starters out and has one of the best winning percentages in the whole Country, that tells you everything about his ass. Best of luck the rest of the way WarriorVoice!
                              I own you. I keep waiting for you at the Downingtown Turnpike Interchange for you to come beat me up. Mommy isn’t letting you out of basement is she?

Yeah a great record yet Slimey keeps going to The State Game. I want real results. You just accept mediocrity because you are mediocre.

Blocked punts..players quitting during games..three home losses in a season. It’s not been good lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I own you. I keep waiting for you at the Downingtown Turnpike Interchange for you to come beat me up. Mommy isn’t letting you out of basement is she?

Yeah a great record yet Slimey keeps going to The State Game. I want real results. You just accept mediocrity because you are mediocre.

Blocked punts..players quitting during games..three home losses in a season. It’s not been good lately.
                                Why don’t you come to my tailgate than? I would love to by you a beer. If I remember right tort kicked slippery rocks ass last year. Lol you never can get anything right.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X