Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

East

1. Shepherd - Until knocked off ...
    2. East Stroudsburg - May be sneaky good
    3. West Chester - Those pesky walk-ons always dangerous
    4. Kutztown - They don't go away
    5. Shippensburg - BRUTAL schedule awaits
    6. Millersville - Better but better than 6th? We'll see.
    7. Bloomsburg - Lot has changed in 10 years.
    8. Lock Haven - King of the Tweet has to play and not type.
    Wow... that is much more optimistic than me! The talent at ESU is growing, but I don't buy the consistency yet. If they can get a couple of the big wins that have eluded them over the past couple seasons, I think their ceiling is 3rd.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Wow... that is much more optimistic than me! The talent at ESU is growing, but I don't buy the consistency yet. If they can get a couple of the big wins that have eluded them over the past couple seasons, I think their ceiling is 3rd.

The East is (or, it appears to be) interesting. We could see some cannibalism.

Shepherd has a new QB, but I'm not buying in to the 'they'll be down' philosophy. Will they be the same without Tyson Bagent, Ronnie Brown, etc.? Probably not. But, the drop-off may not be as severe as some think. To use the cliché, they reload; not rebuild.

The Rams should have two tune-up games prior to visiting California in mid-September. Kutztown visits the following week.

ESU was on the verge last year before a couple massive injuries to star players really bit them. We won't have to wait long too find out. The Warriors play at IUP in Week 2.

West Chester has a very tough start to the season. The Rams open at Bentley and then make the long trip to Slippery Rock. Gannon visits the following week. That's a rough three weeks.

Kutztown also has it rough early on. The Bears open at Assumption and then make the trip to California the following week. Mercyhurst then visits before the trip to Shepherd. That's a very difficult opening month.

Comment

• Shepherd's defense will be the best in the PSAC. Just got a LB from Rutgers and their All American Grantham is back at LB. DBs are incredibly athletic and young. Got seasoned last year.
        Offensively they will be good again.. Seth Morgan and Lek Powell are the top two battling it out in camp. Morgan (sr) has experience from VMI. Powell (soph) has 3 years remaining and is more athletic. The RBs, although Brown is gone will be very good. M Brown seems to be #1 but I understand there is some help coming from elsewhere. Receivers will take some time to gel but they are VERY athletic and will eventually be the best in the conference.

Comment

More bad news out of AB (see the MEC thread for the link). Sounds like the school is about $775,000 in the hole with the utility company -- and may have utilities turned off as soon as Monday.

Cal may or may not be playing in Week 1.
          Guess it won’t be a Night game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
            Guess it won’t be a Night game.
            Lol

Comment

More bad news out of AB (see the MEC thread for the link). Sounds like the school is about $775,000 in the hole with the utility company -- and may have utilities turned off as soon as Monday.

Cal may or may not be playing in Week 1.
              A really mean prank would be for a fraternity to flush as many toilets at the same time as possible.

Comment

• Alderson-Broaddus just 86'd all sports and extra curriculars effective immediately

Comment

• Originally posted by RocknTheSnackBar View Post
                  Alderson-Broaddus just 86'd all sports and extra curriculars effective immediately
                  Boy Cal just got screwed. No easy tune up before 2 tough home games.

Comment

• Originally posted by RocknTheSnackBar View Post
                    Alderson-Broaddus just 86'd all sports and extra curriculars effective immediately
                    Canceling sports and extracurricular activities on July 31 is the most incompetent thing I've ever heard of. How did it get to this point? I guess the athletes tuition only counts for so much. Is Joe Manchin involved with this?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Canceling sports and extracurricular activities on July 31 is the most incompetent thing I've ever heard of. How did it get to this point? I guess the athletes tuition only counts for so much. Is Joe Manchin involved with this?
                      I'm sure he is somehow. But the school can't enroll any new students including those planning to start in a few weeks. This school is done in December.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I'm sure he is somehow. But the school can't enroll any new students including those planning to start in a few weeks. This school is done in December.
                        It’s a Baptist school. Why isn’t the Baptist Church coming to its rescue. Surely sone of their rich mega pastors and their mega churches could cough up the money to keep it open.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It’s a Baptist school. Why isn’t the Baptist Church coming to its rescue. Surely sone of their rich mega pastors and their mega churches could cough up the money to keep it open.
                          Because its in West Virginia - and in Philippi, West Virginia. Not politically or historically expedient to the Baptist church. 863 students in a town of 2,900. But maybe you should ask their office - its in KoP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip...hilippiWV1.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Iupgh View Post
                            Boy Cal just got screwed. No easy tune up before 2 tough home games.
                            I surely don't expect Cal to find a game at this point. I agree a tune-up would have been nice for them breaking in a new QB and several skill position players. They'll now learn to swim real fast in Weeks 2 & 3.

Comment

I surely don't expect Cal to find a game at this point. I agree a tune-up would have been nice for them breaking in a new QB and several skill position players. They'll now learn to swim real fast in Weeks 2 & 3.
                              Going by the open dates on the site, looks like West Georgia or American International are looking for week 1 games. Not sure when that was last updated though.

Comment

• If Manchin was involved with it, it would have been done correctly with regard for the players. Unfort. for everyone involved who was caught off-guard. When the initial reports started to surface about the financial issues I hope student-athletes saw the writing or were told unofficially they may want to explore their options.. Being around college athletics as long as I have, I expect unofficial "leaks" were in place already and it came to no one's surprise. Kind of reminds me how the PSAC handled the covid mess and before this, how EUP handled ending baseball...everyone was on the edge of their seat waiting for a decision that was made long before it was "announced". I hope any athlete in any sport there who has time to transfer does successfully.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X