Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

It's Ernie's offense, really doesn't matter who the OC is.
    Ernie was on a Bears podcast recently. They asked him about Bagent playing under 3 different OCs. Ernie basically said that it was still his offense, but OCs may add little twists to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Ernie was on a Bears podcast recently. They asked him about Bagent playing under 3 different OCs. Ernie basically said that it was still his offense, but OCs may add little twists to it.
      I'd be interested in the success rate of those 3 OCs once they left Shepherd -

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

I'd be interested in the success rate of those 3 OCs once they left Shepherd -
        Jessie Correll (2021)- Out of the coaching game
        Tyler Haines (2022)- Parlayed it into a HC job at D2 Catawba
        Tye Hyiatt (2019)- Parlayed his 2 seasons into a HC job at Eastern New Mexico University (LSC conference) Overall 7-15 going into year 3.

Comment

Except for the big budget programs (and Shepherd is not one of them), coordinator pay isn't that great. You're talking $45k-75k starting unless you're at a place like IUP or in the MIAA. And this after years of working crazy hours for little pay. For many even after achieving coordinator status they've had enough of the high workload, low pay of rank and file higher ed especially D2 sports.

Comment

The Bears have released PJ Walker. All indications are that Tyson Bagent will be QB2 in Chicago.
            Tyson I'd say is a lock as QB2 -- Just looked on NFL.COM and Chicago released Peterman also
            NFC NORTH

Chicago Bears

Comment

Tyson I'd say is a lock as QB2 -- Just looked on NFL.COM and Chicago released Peterman also
              NFC NORTH

Chicago Bears
              Yep! They released Peterman today.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Jessie Correll (2021)- Out of the coaching game
                Tyler Haines (2022)- Parlayed it into a HC job at D2 Catawba
                Tye Hyiatt (2019)- Parlayed his 2 seasons into a HC job at Eastern New Mexico University (LSC conference) Overall 7-15 going into year 3.
                I didn't know Correll had made such a fast fall. I take it his return from Shippensburg didn't go too well.

Sounds like he and (arm-rasslin' daddy) Travis Bagent have been close for a long time.

Comment

As of now he is the #2 and I think that is because the Bears did not want to risk cutting him, where someone else could have picked him up. Nobody is claiming Peterman who will possible go to the Practice Squad.

Bears have a week to pick up a veteran backup, either way looks pretty certain that Tyson makes this roster.

Comment

That logo looks like it's the result of a bad acid trip.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I didn't know Correll had made such a fast fall. I take it his return from Shippensburg didn't go too well.

Sounds like he and (arm-rasslin' daddy) Travis Bagent have been close for a long time.
                      I think that it was more of a situation that he could make more money elsewhere than being a D2 coordinator.

Comment

I think that it was more of a situation that he could make more money elsewhere than being a D2 coordinator.
                        He loved coaching, but you are correct. Didn't suit the lifestyle his family wanted and he had to change gears.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Hope the Lehigh guy will result in some improvement at Ship this season. The drop-off on offense has been hard to watch.

Comment

That was an odd hire in my opinion - His whole career seems to have focused on defense and special teams and they make him the OC. But, we'll see how it pans out and if he is successful, he'll leave like the others :)
                            Word out of Ram Land is that the Powell may have actually outperformed the transfer. I believe they will start with the transfer and work Powell in. Difference between the two is Powell has 3 years remaining and the transfer has 1. It will be interesting for sure.

Comment

i just read a series of articles about how Chicago Land is "astounded" over Bagent making the team as appearant QB 2. They should have checked with us. Bagent is and always was the real deal. No astonishment on here about what Bagent has achieved this far and will achieve in the coming years. I would have liked to have seen THE Stillers draft him and give Rudolph or Trubinsky a visit from the Turk.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                                i just read a series of articles about how Chicago Land is "astounded" over Bagent making the team as appearant QB 2. They should have checked with us. Bagent is and always was the real deal. No astonishment on here about what Bagent has achieved this far and will achieve in the coming years. I would have liked to have seen THE Stillers draft him and give Rudolph or Trubinsky a visit from the Turk.
                                I am a Bears fan, and I can tell you that they are enamored with Bagent in Chicago.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X