Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much to fault the kid on from last night. He played a clean game and got the W.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
      Not much to fault the kid on from last night. He played a clean game and got the W.
      Yes, just managed the game. He missed a wide open WR down the seam that the whole stadium gasped about, but overall I think he at least secured the backup job for the Bears for the next year or so at the least. Fields will probably be back next week, so going 2-2 in the absence is fantastic.

Comment

I think I'd take Tyson over (gag) former Syracuse backup Tommy DeVito.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
          I think I'd take Tyson over (gag) former Syracuse backup Tommy DeVito.
          Definitely the homer in my talking but I think you can make a case that he'd be equal or better for all the following teams in their current situation:

New England- Mac Jones stinks and they have nobody behind him.
          Giants - now that Jones is done, Devito like you said.
          Raiders- He's right there with O'Connell and better than Hoyer at this stage
          Cleveland- If Watson is hurt
          Vikings- Without Cousins, prob not better than Dobbs but he'd be in the race for it.
          Carolina- Did he outplay Bryce Young!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Yes, just managed the game. He missed a wide open WR down the seam that the whole stadium gasped about, but overall I think he at least secured the backup job for the Bears for the next year or so at the least. Fields will probably be back next week, so going 2-2 in the absence is fantastic.
            Even allowing that the Panthers stink, going anywhere near .500 at the helm of the Bears these days is a decent accomplishment.

Comment

Definitely the homer in my talking but I think you can make a case that he'd be equal or better for all the following teams in their current situation:

New England- Mac Jones stinks and they have nobody behind him.
              Giants - now that Jones is done, Devito like you said.
              Raiders- He's right there with O'Connell and better than Hoyer at this stage
              Cleveland- If Watson is hurt
              Vikings- Without Cousins, prob not better than Dobbs but he'd be in the race for it.
              Carolina- Did he outplay Bryce Young!?!
              Steelers? - Kenny Pickett might stink. Mitch Trubisky and Mason Rudolph definitely do.

Comment

I am so happy for Bagent! Loved watching his dad in the stands cheering for Bagent. Just pretty cool. But in my opinion, the coolest thing I learn last night was Harlon Hill (named for the D-II "Heisman Trophy winner" actually played for the Chicago Bears, who did held several team records in receiving.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Steelers? - Kenny Pickett might stink. Mitch Trubisky and Mason Rudolph definitely do.
                  And I would add the Atlanta Falcons as well !

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I am so happy for Bagent! Loved watching his dad in the stands cheering for Bagent. Just pretty cool. But in my opinion, the coolest thing I learn last night was Harlon Hill (named for the D-II "Heisman Trophy winner" actually played for the Chicago Bears, who did held several team records in receiving.
                    Very cool, I missed that part. Tyson has a great family, it's been awesome to watch!

Comment

• I'm in Chicago right now but couldn't go to the game last night. There's definitely a growing affection for him. They're not sure what his ceiling is but starting to think Fields isn't the future they thought he'd be. It's funny how little they know about D2 here. A couple people thought it was JUCO.

Comment

• I would be willing to bet money that last night is the first time a Harlon Hill QB faced a Heisman QB. Honestly, going 2-2 for the Bears is a big deal and will probably at least help him stay in the league as a backup. It's easy to lose sight of how incredible that is. A backup QB in the NFL is still one of the top QBs on the planet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I confess that I'm actually old enough to have seen Harlon Hill play for the Bears in the '50s. He was a terrific player — very fast with great hands. Football was simpler then. The Bears had a QB named Ed Brown who wasn't always accurate but could throw the ball a mile, and he'd just cut the ball loose and let Hill run under it. Hill made some highlight catches. There might even be a couple of them on YouTube somewhere. Unfortunately, Hill was sort of the Gale Sayers of his era in that he got a knee injury somewhere about his fourth season and was never the same after that. Surgical techniques weren't nearly as advanced as they are now, and anything beyond a minor knee injury was usually a career killer.

Comment

• I know that quite a few of us have seen different guys get a shot at the NFL. Some of them have made it, but most of them have not. There is no shame in that. But I know when I watch these guys play at the D2 level, I never think, "This guy is going to play in the NFL." I always hope they get their shot, but I have seen so many fantastic players get cut early and never have a second chance. I saw University of Charleston's Mike Strachan catch a deep ball for the Panthers last night and got a little excited. It just makes the whole level of play look better.

On a side note, I still have WVU fans telling me that he couldn't have played there. GTFO with that nonsense!

Comment

• One of the things that Ship can take pride in is producing three guys who had pretty nice NFL careers -- John Kuhn, Brent Grimes, and Rob Davis.

I'd be curious what a starting CFL quarterback makes compared to an NFL backup QB. Thinking Trevor Harris.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                                I know that quite a few of us have seen different guys get a shot at the NFL. Some of them have made it, but most of them have not. There is no shame in that. But I know when I watch these guys play at the D2 level, I never think, "This guy is going to play in the NFL." I always hope they get their shot, but I have seen so many fantastic players get cut early and never have a second chance. I saw University of Charleston's Mike Strachan catch a deep ball for the Panthers last night and got a little excited. It just makes the whole level of play look better.

On a side note, I still have WVU fans telling me that he couldn't have played there. GTFO with that nonsense!
                                They’ll never admit they made that mistake.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X