Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That stadium would look good in Indiana, PA.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

To me this is the ideal D2 stadium.
      Shepherd's is better than that. Scoreboard is now where those trees are in the endzone near the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Shepherd's is better than that. Scoreboard is now where those trees are in the endzone near the road.

Yeah..youse need to center the visiting side at some point. Then it will be quite nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Call me a homer or whatever, but Shepherd's stadium is good.
          I've always loved Shepherd's stadium. Coming off the iron bridge and into West Virginia, the sunken field surface -- you don't forget it once you see it.

I believe Ship and Slip are the only two schools left with the required facilities to host the PSAC track championship.
          Oh, I've got to think Millersville could handle it quite well. They host a 50-school HS invitational. I don't know if they have allowed for a steeplechase water pit; that's the only thing I could think they'd be missing.

Comment

A few words from the coach.

https://www.lockhaven.com/sports/loc...-lhu-football/

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I've always loved Shepherd's stadium. Coming off the iron bridge and into West Virginia, the sunken field surface -- you don't forget it once you see it.

Oh, I've got to think Millersville could handle it quite well. They host a 50-school HS invitational. I don't know if they have allowed for a steeplechase water pit; that's the only thing I could think they'd be missing.
              I was told by a PSAC AD that Ship and Slippery Rock are the only two with all required facilities. If Ville lacks a steeplechase pit, that may be it. I don't recall that being in high school track.

Comment

I was told by a PSAC AD that Ship and Slippery Rock are the only two with all required facilities. If Ville lacks a steeplechase pit, that may be it. I don't recall that being in high school track.
                So the two schools that win all of the track titles.

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

So the two schools that win all of the track titles.

:-)
                  Better facilities sometimes attract better recruits. I'm sure having a nice basketball arena hasn't hurt IUP's recruiting in that sport over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Better facilities sometimes attract better recruits. I'm sure having a nice basketball arena hasn't hurt IUP's recruiting in that sport over the years.
                    IUP claims the richest and most famous track and field alumni...Mr. Youtube.

Instead of donating a million bucks to get his track coach's name on the basketball arena..he should have donated cash to build a state of the art track and field on the South Campus where the baseball field is...and then when the The Cig gets rebuilt one day we could have closed it in since there would be no need for the track.

This is why I should be running the place.

Comment

• Collier 1st Team All-American RB.

https://therecord-online.com/site/archives/102774

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

IUP claims the richest and most famous track and field alumni...Mr. Youtube.

Instead of donating a million bucks to get his track coach's name on the basketball arena..he should have donated cash to build a state of the art track and field on the South Campus where the baseball field is...and then when the The Cig gets rebuilt one day we could have closed it in since there would be no need for the track.

This is why I should be running the place.
                        Only if you wear an IUP track suit on the sideline for games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Only if you wear an IUP track suit on the sideline for games.
                          Lol it's not cheap to get sideline access at IUP.

Comment

• Not a lot of information but at least it's some media coverage.

https://www.lockhaven.com/sports/loc...gets-underway/

Lock Haven football’s spring gets underway

LOCAL SPORTS
                            APR 10, 2024
                            RYAN STATES

For The Express

LOCK HAVEN — It has been a long time since Lock Haven football has had hope going into a season, but that is exactly what is happening. Last year the Bald Eagles won five games for the first time in over 40 years, and after having an incredible recruiting class, many feel that it can only go up from there.

The most challenging part of every season is replacing who you lost, and with Lock Haven needing to replace Chris Collier, Cody Romano and Kyle Zajack it is going to be a battle to see who will fill those spots.

But that is what spring practice is all about, and during their first live scrimmage this past Friday, there were a few major standouts for the Bald Eagles.

Coach Dan Mulrooney started off the day by calling the team together and detailing how the practice would operate. Then, after doing some individual drills, the team split into offense and defense for the scrimmage. While it is still early, now is a great time to see who is ahead in any position battles.

And looking at the quarterback position, it was junior William Pickett getting the first team reps. Then to his left at the running back spot, it was sophomore Jacob Strum. Both Strum and Pickett impressed on the snaps they got. Strum ran with surprising power and toughness for a 5-foot, 9-inch back, meanwhile Pickett looked calm and poised in the pocket. However, they weren’t the only ones who shined at those spots, as all three quarterbacks and running backs who got snaps impressed in their own way.

For the second stringers it was Shippensburg transfer Evan Falco flanked by freshman James Bermudez. Bermudez stole the show and was far and away the most surprising performance on the day. He broke off multiple long runs, and ran through multiple defenders. Meanwhile Falco seemed to transition to his new team pretty easily, making impressive tight window throws and showing off some mobility outside the pocket.

Those weren’t the only standouts however, as familiar names like Quon Williams, T’iar Young, and even some new faces like Justin Popovich stole the show. Popovich was particularly impressive, breaking off a long touchdown reception and getting mobbed by his fellow teammates.

On the defensive side things were less than ideal. They gave up five touchdown drives, and overall looked less physical compared to the offense. Members off the defensive coaching staff could be heard saying “They’re running faster than you and they want it more than you. You gotta go take it, that’s how we fix this thing.”

Whatever was said must have worked, as shortly after the defense came back to life, delivering big hits and controlling the game. The standouts on the defense are names that Bald Eagle football fans are all too familiar with. Guys like Darryl Pollard and Izzy Ramos demonstrated great leadership, and made some impressive plays. Pollard is used to being the captain of the secondary, but Ramos will be asked to step into the spotlight as the lead linebacker. Ramos was a freshman last year learning from and playing alongside Romano. Now with Romano gone a lot of pressure is on Ramos to fill that spot, and Coach Mulrooney seems to be confident he can.

“He had a great year as a freshman,” Mulrooney said, “he was very productive and it was good to see how he performed as a true freshman. He should jump into his new role pretty seamlessly.”

Spring practice is a great time to find out who are the underrated guys who will contribute during a long and grueling fall season. But those battles for starting spots can get testy at times. Players could be heard chirping back and forth and calling eachother out during the game. While some may see this as a sign of contention within the team, coach Mulrooney loved it, saying how it’s great as long as it’s focused fun.

“Football in the spring, it feels like you’re at odds a lot because it’s offense versus defense. All you do is face off against each other every single day and there is no team on Saturday. I think the team culture is competitive and we want the kids to be competitive, but there has to be a fine line. Kids like to talk trash or whatever, but at the end of the day we’re more focused on the team going in the right direction. They love each other in that locker room, so they like to talk and have fun on the field.”

At the end Mulrooney called the team together and seemingly laid out his motto for the upcoming season. “Toughness and Technique” were the words the third year Head Coach repeated over and over to the team.

Lock Haven will certainly need toughness and technique if they want to build on last season. While it is early, the Bald Eagles showed a lot of promise on Friday, and will look to continue to build on it before their spring game on Sunday, April 21.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

You are the only Pee Sack school without a track at its facility. That is a plus for a game day experience.

My point is these stadiums aren’t amenity laden Show palaces.

They serve their purpose. It’s why I chuckle when people rail about IUP’s lack of facilities when cash in hand to students is what does the talking these days. The players don’t care what the press box looks like, don’t care what the weight room looks like if it serves it’s purpose..the remodeled locker room is nice but so what…they care how much of their stay is being paid for….
                              Try again. Offutt Field has no track surrounding the football field...

Comment

• Not losing their coach (yet) was a big win for the program. That opening game against Greenville State is a good litmus test, and a LHU win would be big for PSAC Strength of Schedule metrics down the line. Wishing them good luck (except when they play us!).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X