Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its interesting to see if they transfer better competitively than UNA has. I think they would be a great fit for Southern Conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
      Its interesting to see if they transfer better competitively than UNA has. I think they would be a great fit for Southern Conference.
      I'll take your coach! :)

Comment

FYI. Well it looks as if UNA is getting a bunch of comments on the some of the FSU Facebook pages. Some are not good. I think if you are moving up be prepared for the commentary that ensues from the D1 crowd.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
          FYI. Well it looks as if UNA is getting a bunch of comments on the some of the FSU Facebook pages. Some are not good. I think if you are moving up be prepared for the commentary that ensues from the D1 crowd.
          FSU gets their own bad comments from the D1 crowd! 😂 They are good this year but they had their own string of really bad recent years even losing to FCS Jax State. Thank goodness they are doing well now so Seminole fans across the Gulf Coast can stop sulking every fall.

But yes, UNA will get slammed in Tallahassee this weekend for $400,000 on national TV. Same with several FCS teams this weekend. Chattanooga (ranked #16 in FCS but lost to UNA) will get a beat down in Tuscaloosa for a big check, too.

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

They will be able to expand their recruiting footprint under the D1 moniker. This is a good move for UWG and they will reap the benefits in the future. You're thinking small D2 recruiting in a localized area. You're also only thinking about football. Moving to D1 will help recruit athletes from outside of their state and region. Those D1 schools are able to recruit from all over, not just in their locality. Lastly, the move to FCS will not be based solely on football. There are other measures of success.

Side note: I was a JUCO kid from California, and Delta State found me with far less recruiting resources and less coaches. UWG, with their added resources, will be able to attract athletes from all over if they choose to.

UWG should have been perennially at the top of D-II based on its facilities and location. UWG rarely contended. Slapping a D-I label on isn't going to magically fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

UWG should have been perennially at the top of D-II based on its facilities and location. UWG rarely contended. Slapping a D-I label on isn't going to magically fix that.
              I assume they felt the same way and decided to move a different direction in coaching for their FCS reclassification.
              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I'm hoping the Coaching carousel slows down. Good assistants always took the first thing smoking to D1; maybe they'll wait for the second train now. Dean pretty much abandoned transfers except for 2021. The conference schedule is out. I'd like to get games with ETSU, Chattanooga, Mercer and maybe Gardner-Webb but they're probably set already.

I'm setting the Over/Under at 2.5 wins.

Comment

Will Hall might be available to come back to west Georgia. He hasn’t been doing well over at southern miss. I hate that for him. It’s possible they let him go at end of season. Wonder if west Georgia would go after him?

Comment

Originally posted by Mule View Post
                    Get ready for a reality check. UWG getting ready to compete in recruitment with 6 other D1 programs in GA for D1 players, not too mention 7 D1 programs just across the border in AL (not including HBCUs). For sure, gonna be interesting times in Carrollton over the next few seasons. Good luck!
                    Let's be real. UWG will NOT be competing against UGA, Tech, Auburn and likely not the two GSUs during the transition. Every school in the Eastern half of the country recruits Georgia. We're giving two stars another in state option.

UNA, are y'all offering in state tuition rates to Georgia kids?

Comment

• Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
                      Will Hall might be available to come back to west Georgia. He hasn’t been doing well over at southern miss. I hate that for him. It’s possible they let him go at end of season. Wonder if west Georgia would go after him?
                      Will would be better off taking an OC spot in FBS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Braves'86 View Post

Let's be real. UWG will NOT be competing against UGA, Tech, Auburn and likely not the two GSUs during the transition. Every school in the Eastern half of the country recruits Georgia. We're giving two stars another in state option.

UNA, are y'all offering in state tuition rates to Georgia kids?
                        I think UNA offers in state tuition to those counties in Mississippi and Tennessee that border NW Alabama.
                        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Braves'86 View Post

Will would be better off taking an OC spot in FBS.
                          I don't think they will fire him. He had a four year deal at 800K. Throw in asst buyouts and that is over a mill for a school that just went through some bad press related to athletic spending. If he beats State this weekend, he might even get a re-up.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWAalum View Post

I don't think they will fire him. He had a four year deal at 800K. Throw in asst buyouts and that is over a mill for a school that just went through some bad press related to athletic spending. If he beats State this weekend, he might even get a re-up.
                            If he can beat Miss State and Troy, he'll keep his job. If not, it'll likely be that 55-3 loss to South Alabama a few weeks back that did him in. USA's coach is a USM alum.
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Heard from a longtime friend who has worked in college athletics for decades. The conversation came around to the GSC and schools moving up. His theory is that the GSC success in football is bc it has a bit of a monopoly on D2 level talent in the deep south. More and more D1 teams are watering down the talent pool for FCS in the GSC footprint and that is the reason for the lack of champions from the south over the past several years.

Not so sure that I agree but it is something to consider. Ga Southern in 2000 the last FCS champion from the GSC footprint.

Are the Dakota schools so dominant bc they are one of the few options for players that want to stay home?

Comment

• Originally posted by UWAalum View Post
                                Heard from a longtime friend who has worked in college athletics for decades. The conversation came around to the GSC and schools moving up. His theory is that the GSC success in football is bc it has a bit of a monopoly on D2 level talent in the deep south. More and more D1 teams are watering down the talent pool for FCS in the GSC footprint and that is the reason for the lack of champions from the south over the past several years.

Not so sure that I agree but it is something to consider. Ga Southern in 2000 the last FCS champion from the GSC footprint.

Are the Dakota schools so dominant bc they are one of the few options for players that want to stay home?
                                JMU, GA Southern, Marshall, and App State moving to FBS has more to do with the shift in dominance than the dilution of talent.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X